_notinuse_ IF-Dazzler
_notinuse_
_notinuse_

Posted: 23 January 2011 at 4:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ekta_salman

Originally posted by PandorasBox

Originally posted by ekta_salman

Hey correct me if I'm wrong but I do remember in the initial round of audition in DID, they referred to him as Mohammed Ghouse Khan? Not that it's a big deal but I was just curious. The main point is the conflict it might create, realistically, in public perception. I'm sure Salman Khan was being nice when he said there's room for 2 but it doesn't reflect public reaction. Let's face it, it is the public who has a hand in determining the sucess of actors. But if Salman is not aiming to be an actor like Rachna mentioned, there's nothing to worry.
but i dont see the problem to be honest ... you say public will not like tht ... thts the first time im hearin tht ... why would they not like it?
many ppl think he copied salman khans name and thts why they might not like it but as i said thts ppls ignorance... thts not true .. khan is his surname and salman his nickname

more than half of the actors change their celeb name but salman hasnt done tht .. hes just being known with his nickname

and yeh the first audition with tanvi they did call him Ghouse ... but then as he go selected  he was known as salman

also yes he does wanna enter the industry God willing ... and it would be ridiculous to see talks about him just cuz of his nameWacko

I didn't say the public will blatanly crucify him for his name, read my post again. When hopeful actor debuts in a movie, there must be something to make him stand out, to differentiate themselves from the rest. A name plays a huge part in how people perceives you. It's part of your image and it's natural tendency to automatically compare both Salmans for most because they wont know either Salman personally. Since the older Salman has been around, he hold more weight in people's  mind. His name could be anything for all I cared, but ignorance as you like to call it won't just vanish because of Salman Khan's relevance. I will give you an example. Actress Vivica A. Fox added an "A" in her name because at that time there was a semi-famous Viviva Fox who was around before her. Now think about the implication of a heavy-weight famous actor Salman Khan? 
nor did i say public will crucify him ... i said itll bring talks .. are those two things synonyms?
and if u see my first post i did say tht i think ppl will talk about his name ... [compare him to the other salman khan] but are you tryin to say tht ppl will be like ... the other salman khan is way better .. is this wht ur tryin to say??? if thts the case then i ur right .. there shouldnt be two celebs with the same name

Maybe I'm using too languages thats too colourful LOL but what I'm trying to get at is, I bet like all other artists he wants to make an impression. People are bombarded with new faces and hopeful actors all the time. If i were him I would definitely not like to be compared, even if the comparison works in my favour.

-desigirl- IF-Dazzler
-desigirl-
-desigirl-

Posted: 23 January 2011 at 4:39am | IP Logged

Maybe I'm using too languages thats too colourful LOL but what I'm trying to get at is, I bet like all other artists he wants to make an impression. People are bombarded with new faces and hopeful actors all the time. If i were him I would definitely not like to be compared, even if the comparison works in my favour.
i didnt get ur fist sentence to be honest lol
well yeah but thts his decision and who will know better whts right for him than himself ...
some ppl wont like it .. some ppl wont mind ... but u get tht everywhere nah .. no matter wht the topic is there are different thoughts about it .. hence there will be different thoughts about this too .. nothin new
_notinuse_ IF-Dazzler
_notinuse_
_notinuse_

Posted: 23 January 2011 at 4:48am | IP Logged

[/QUOTE]
i didnt get ur fist sentence to be honest lol
well yeah but thts his decision and who will know better whts right for him than himself ...
some ppl wont like it .. some ppl wont mind ... but u get tht everywhere nah .. no matter wht the topic is there are different thoughts about it .. hence there will be different thoughts about this too .. nothin new
[/QUOTE]

LOL just realized it makes no sense. I meant my language might of been too colourful (the part about the public crucifying him). LOL  I'm just speculating though. And it doesn't hurt to get opinions from people, if not gaining insight it might just bring in a few laughs, who knows? As for people not liking it (his name), please don't think I'm being harsh, but I believe most won't even give a hoot. Actors do not get buzz from their first performance. It;s hard to resonate in the minds and talk of people. Today, Salman Khan is a household name. Dancer Salman would be better off with another name if he's in it for the long haul. The building up of an image takes years and a name is part of the image. In order to sustain in the industry, one must have their own image including the name. I'm not saying it with certainty, anything is possible. Maybe in a couple of years he might be recognized for his own merit? All I am trying to get across is, to put it bluntly: if he wants things to be slightly easier for him, lose the name. It's not ideal but practical. At the end of the day, it is up to him although I'm sure he'll have his advisors and all guiding him.

Edited by PandorasBox - 23 January 2011 at 4:55am
-desigirl- IF-Dazzler
-desigirl-
-desigirl-

Posted: 23 January 2011 at 4:58am | IP Logged

LOL just realized it makes no sense. I meant my language might of been too colourful (the part about the public crucifying him). LOL  I'm just speculating though. And it doesn't hurt to get opinions from people, if not gaining insight it might just bring in a few laughs, who knows? As for people not liking it (his name), please don't think I'm being harsh, but I believe most won't even give a hoot. Most people do not get buzz from their first performance. The building up of an image takes years and a name is part of the image. In order to sustain in the industry, one must have their own image including the name.
lol its okay .. nor ur being harsh nor ur the first or last one sayin this ... as i said .. matter of opinion ..i just hope no matter wht he gets recognized for his capability of being a good actor in this industry ....

as they say ... if u beleive in urself and know ur right then dont be afraid in doing it :)

Edited by ekta_salman - 23 January 2011 at 4:59am
Anjaani_Dastaan IF-Dazzler
Anjaani_Dastaan
Anjaani_Dastaan

Posted: 23 January 2011 at 8:47am | IP Logged
I get what you mean in this post but 
i think Salmans not gunna be known as Salman khan when he InshALlah enters the movie industry 

hes gunna be known as just flat Salman. 

And another thing he didn't change his name to that when he was On DID he's been called Salman since childhood its his nickname =) ALot of people have nicknames or two names his just happened to be Salman and his last name is Khan so there LOL 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Aaliyah-

-Aaliyah- IF-Sizzlerz
-Aaliyah-
-Aaliyah-

Posted: 23 January 2011 at 9:54am | IP Logged
^ I was totally waiting for your response

Anjaani_Dastaan

julyprincess Senior Member
julyprincess
julyprincess

Posted: 23 January 2011 at 10:25am | IP Logged

Originally posted by --Rachna--

Actually his name is not Salman at all, it's just a nickname for him LOL His real name is Mohammed Ghouse Khan.

The topic opener does have a valid point but I don't think the dancer Salman wants to be an actor, he might probably want to be a choreographer. But still that would mean 2 Salman Khan's in the Bollywood industry. Then I guess he would want to go by some other name like Akshay Kumar
which I personally don't agree with . His real name isn't Akshay Kumar, it's Rajiv Bhatia LOL

If that's the case, there should be a problem. I didn't know it was just a nickname Shocked What's more surprising, Akshay Kumar's name used to be Rajiv Bhatia???? ShockedShocked That doesn't sound like a name a movie star would carry. Perfect example of the superficial nature of Bollywood. But i guess i learn something everyday LOL 

I read somewhere that Sunny Deol and Bobby deal have different birth names as well. Sunny is Ajay Singh Deol and Bobby is Vijay Singh Deol.  It's funny how their real names sound 'bollywood' like something you would hear as actors names in reel life but it doesn't sound filmy to them in real life.

_notinuse_

.shona. IF-Sizzlerz
.shona.
.shona.

Posted: 23 January 2011 at 11:08am | IP Logged
the only prob i have with this salman's name is that when i search "salman khan" on youtube OR google or anywhere...only the bollywood sallu results comeLOL i always have to write DID or dance india dance after salman's name to find him urgh...otherwise i think it's his personal choice to do whatever with his name.

Edited by _-sHoNaa-_ - 23 January 2011 at 12:02pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-desigirl-Anjaani_Dastaan-Aaliyah-

Go to top