Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Creation vs. Evolution - A Question of Origins (Page 3)

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 4:04am | IP Logged
Originally posted by thickhead

Originally posted by Summer3

Ah basically we keep jumping from one to the other in circles.

Science says evolution and religion says creation.

Evolution, creation are completely unrelated, indepedent answers to the question about origin; dont think ppl jump from 1 to another in circles. One who blv in religion, shall always hv prob accepting evolution in its entirety and vice-versa.

So, the question still stays - which 1 do u blv in creationism or evolution and y ?

I go for Evolution with some interference by the Creator too. The Creatir kick started the whole process.
It all started as a thought, I think, for the basic building blocks to come into existence, basically the 5 elements etc
More importantly I have to know my ownself better too. So this is one priority.
The physical universe and everything else are all animated by the life force or consciousness.

Edited by Summer3 - 25 January 2011 at 10:20am

thickhead Senior Member
thickhead
thickhead

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 6:16am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Believe

& about  Darvins evalution views...cos biologists and anthropologists are still wondering what happened to the missing link between men and monkeySmile.

If the "monkey" that u're referrring to is the monkey (new-world& old-world) in present, then y does there need to be any missing link ? Both monkey and human, are on separate branches of the evolutionary tree; they shall surely have a common ancestor but never a connecting link.

In case "monkey"  refers to ape-man ancestor itself, then there are several fossil proofs ( in form of skelatal remains) available. There's definitely no paucity of evidence.

-Believe- IF-Stunnerz
-Believe-
-Believe-

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 7:04am | IP Logged
Originally posted by thickhead

& about  Darvins evalution views...cos biologists and anthropologists are still wondering what happened to the missing link between men and monkeySmile.

If the "monkey" that u're referrring to is the monkey (new-world& old-world) in present, then y does there need to be any missing link ? Both monkey and human, are on separate branches of the evolutionary tree; they shall surely have a common ancestor but never a connecting link.

In case "monkey"  refers to ape-man ancestor itself, then there are several fossil proofs ( in form of skelatal remains) available. There's definitely no paucity of evidence.

The monkey becomes something else, then something else becomes something else, and then finally a small difference... and the animal becomes man...Did they GOT the LINK? Nooo....I feel the the gap between the monkey and man seems to be too big....As far as we knw, at least since ten thousand years, there has not been a single case when suddenly a monkey jumped out of a tree and became a man... man has evolved from the monkey at the level of his body, but Darwin's theories against religious believes......Smile

Edited by Believe - 25 January 2011 at 7:09am
.Arjun IF-Rockerz

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 9:34am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

pooja.s92-Believe-Summer3

thickhead Senior Member
thickhead
thickhead

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 11:33am | IP Logged

The monkey becomes something else, then something else becomes something else, and then finally a small difference... and the animal becomes man...Did they GOT the LINK? Nooo....I feel the the gap between the monkey and man seems to be too big....As far as we knw, at least since ten thousand years, there has not been a single case when suddenly a monkey jumped out of a tree and became a man... man has evolved from the monkey at the level of his body, but Darwin's theories against religious believes......Smile

This' funny LOL. Dont think biology is/was ur subject ..isn't it ?  In any case 10K is too small a period on the evolutionary timescale to observe any remarkable change.

evolution isn't sudden... its a set of gradual changes ( variations, mutations), and when we talk abt changes, we refer to the entire population, not a single organism.  So, no monkey wud ever suddenly convert to a man irrespective of the duration of observation period. The changes that confer survival advantage get propagated, others are lost - this is natural selection, and this is where intelligent design ppl differ. The propagated changes accumulate over time, eventually leading to speciation - new specie is formed. 

There used to be common ancestors (more than 1), that evolved into the primates (gorilla, chimps, lemurs) of the present and the common man. And that ancestor no longer lives but the skeletal remains have been found (you may google for news regarding these fossils).

Beyond_the_Veil IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 1:05pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
thickhead Senior Member
thickhead
thickhead

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 2:23pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by PhoeniXof_Hades

I thought asll of us share only one common ancestor?

Evolutionary tree is like any other tree structure  i.e. each node has 1 parent and more than 1 ancestor. In gen., parent node is referred to as the most recent common ancestor or the last common ancestor - i think this is what u're referring to as the 1 common ancestor.

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 8:25pm | IP Logged
Well we are all connected in many ways.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

DemonStar

Go to top