Nakusha's change

deactivated1 thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

I've been thinking about the recent changes in Nakusha's character and LTL, and all of a sudden I find myself deeply disturbed. I'm sure that others have had the same doubts and thoughts as I'm having right now, but I need to vent and maybe be convinced that I'm wrong, that things will be just fine.

In the recent episodes, since January started, I've been sensing changes in Nakusha. We've all seen them. Her renewed strength and female Don-ness. I liked it. But now I'm having second thoughts. With Jayesh Patil moving on to his next project, I fear that LTL is truly going to change a lot more than any of us want. I fear that these changes in Nakusha are permanent and that the Seema-track is a part of this new LTL (the Jayesh Patil-less LTL).

I'm paranoid, I know. But for the love of Nakusha, I can't watch her change this way. Things that worry me:

1) Nakusha used to weep whenever her Saab was in pain. But I don't see the same amount of pain or sorrow on her face now as I did before. She cries less. I know it's weird to dislike someone for crying less, but part of what made Nakku Nakku was her tears. The tears that she always spilled when the man she loved was in any kind of pain.

Also, now that the brown color is gone... I need to see Nakku in her. With the new changes, I fear that she'll disappear. The innocence, the quiet strength, her instant actions whenever her Saab was in any kind of danger (like when she jumped into a car to find him just as she heard that he was out there somewhere alone and in danger).

I'm almost worried about the Tasha reunion (if it ever happens - what with the new changes, who knows what the CVs have in mind).

2) Nakusha has been spending her time visiting the police, visiting the villages and letting them worship her, driving around in a car with Baji, visiting mandir and praying non-stop. But the Nakusha before wouldn't have spent valuable time doing all this. If she had even the slightest feeling that her Saab was alive, she would've searched for him non-stop (not just by car, but by foot as well). She would've searched the jungle, she would've searched every single house herself, asked questions. She would've been a lot more desperate and less nicely dressed. She would've gone on a tireless hunt for her Saab.

But instead, I see her pacing around in his room. I see her visiting the mandir and chit-chatting with Chanda. I see her driving around in a car with Baji. I see her visiting villages and then leaving without even searching them. I see her as composed rather than desperately searching.

It worries me that she has changed like this. It's a good thing to develop characters, but some characteristics, some things should remain the same. For instance, Dutta changes as well, but his core is still the same. He's still Dutta - the one who stumbles when emotions attack, the one gets so angry that he blows up. I want Nakusha to remain as Nakusha, too. I want her innocence to remain, her fierce love for Dutta to remain. The fierce love that should've had her searching wildly for him in every single house by herself.

Maybe she does. Maybe we're just not shown it. But whenever she's shown, she's shown as composed or eerily calm. With the exception of a few moments (such as when the parcil comes with Dutta's burnt clothes).

It's like... something has changed in her. Something essential that should've remained the same. I just... can't put my finger on it. All I know is that it worries me and even annoys me. I want the old feel of the show back.

Childish thing to say, I know.

3) The blood-on-Seema's-maang scene didn't disturb me until the camera focused a bit too much on it. What is it supposed to mean? Where are we headed? Are these sudden changes a result of Jayesh Patil's leave? That is, if he has left the show. Or maybe the CVs are trying out something new? Maybe they're trying to figure things out?

I swear I'm going crazy here.

Your thoughts, please. 
Edited by Elysia - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Crystal29 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I understand your worry here. 

When FR was approaching, I used to worry if I would be able to relate to the fair Nakku as I love Koel Nakku a lot. But some scenes of fair Nakku and I was so relieved because I saw the dark Nakku in the fair one too. The same characteristics, persistence, way of speaking and expressions.  

I am not that worried about the change that you have mentioned here as they came in only with the Seema track and I feel that the Seema track till this point is like a filler and maybe was planned to push the story in a different direction for Dutta/MR's exit from the show. Nakku has always been strong, but they went a little overboard with some stuff. They probably wanted to show that Nakku can be a very independent person and live like DSP's wife, even without Dutta around. That to me is not acceptable and would not have worked either.

Now that it is not happening and Dutta is up now, we might have the original story back. And we can already see that with the vrat she is keeping now. That is something that Nakku would do for her Saab. So, I think we would not see any more inconsistencies.

About the Seema's khoon bhari maang, lets just take it as a filler for dramatization that irritated us for now. Something that made Seema get all overconfident. The scene is done and over with. We will worry when something actually happens related to that.

Dutta is awake now, he is in action and so is Tasha's story with Nakku keeping a vrath for her Saab. He has to come back to her now. And he is searching for her even in the darkness that surrounds him. Both are desperate for each other that this point. They will do everything to get back to each other. 

So don't worry...Neither is Nakusha changing, nor is our LTL. I feel so. ðŸ˜³
Edited by crystal_29 - 13 years ago
mIsHeZ.x thumbnail

ikno wa u mean elysia..im abit worid bout it aswel but i agree wic crystal..we need 2tink positiv :))) x

sub_rosa thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Hey, Jayesh Patil  left the show sometime in mid-November, just before the FR! But still, the new CV was able to satisfy me with the way he had handled the post-FR trauma! I still believe that the purpose behind Seema's track is to give Dutta a closure with regard to his past and enable him to come back to Naku as a new man(cue, Kala's words to Dutta at the party just before his accident)! This kinda concept is very LTL-like! But, execution-wise, so far, this track has been a drag! But before discarding it completely I'd wait to see how it culminates.

Regarding the 'khoon bhari maang' scene, I agree with Crystal! It was just a cheap sensationalizing tactic...may be to suggest that Seema too wants to be Dutta's wife! 

About Naku, tiresome and embarrassing though her scenes are with the villagers, I'll have to say that she's still very much in character. She's a very strong woman, totally fit to be a Don's wife...and that's what they're trying to convey here! Even when Dutta had a copter-crash(some time in June, during Jayesh Patil's time😉), she had behaved pretty much in the same manner, she'd refused to believe that Dutta could be dead and didn't shed tears at all...not until he was back! So...

@Crystal....I really don't think that the present track has/had anything to do with MR! They'd planned this track long back! Remember Seema's photo in that yellow mujra dress that we were making fun of? That was sometime in December right...just after her entry? They might have slowed down a little though...because of MR, but that's it! 
Edited by sub_rosa - 13 years ago
Crystal29 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: sub_rosa

@Crystal....I really don't think that the present track has/had anything to do with MR! They'd planned this track long back! Remember Seema's photo in that yellow mujra dress that we were making fun of? That was sometime in December right...just after her entry? They might have slowed down a little though...because of MR, but that's it! 

Oh yeah, I remember that photo. We thought she was dancing in PN and imagining Dola re Dola from devdas😆

I was talking about the Nakku being worshipped and getting all Donnish part, not the Seema track. The importance was shifted from Nakku thinking of Dutta and moved to Nakku becoming the heir to Dutta ....That could be because the CVs wanted her to get all independent as Dutta might be out of LTL and then maybe that undercover cop would have come in..if MR had left.
Edited by crystal_29 - 13 years ago
sub_rosa thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: crystal_29

Oh yeah, I remember that photo. We thought she was dancing in PN and imagining Dola re Dola from devdas😆

I was talking about the Nakku being worshipped and getting all Donnish part, not the Seema track. The importance was shifted from Nakku thinking of Dutta and moved to Nakku becoming the heir to Dutta ....That could be because the CVs wanted her to get all independent as Dutta might be out of LTL and then maybe that undercover cop would have come in..if MR had left.

Naku-villager bonding was also part of the plot I think...it was important to show that people have accepted her whole-heartedly as Dutta's queen! So now looking back at it, I think they just slowed down the proceedings until MR agreed to stay back and used those scenes as fillers....may be also kept their options open, like you have said, just in case! The cop, I think would have come in any way...he still might...after TaSha re-unite! 
-Carrie- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Agree with Rose that Jayesh Patil started distancing himself from the show long back.For quite some time the writer has been one Baal Sundeep or Sudeep.I'm reminded of my favourite movie Roja where the heroine who is an uneducated village girl is moving heaven & earth to get her husband released from terrorists.She even barges her way into heavily guarded military areas to meet the top brass & ministers.All of this while she can't speak a word of English or Hindi/Urdu. But all her efforts pay off in the end.They tried to show something similar here but again the end product came out a bit jarring.Only two people are kings of subtleties & nuances in this show.The Patil Brothers.(Jayesh & Dutta). The others are TV soap technicians.Not to belittle them I'm talking of product diffrentiation here.So with one out of the picture & rumours of other following suit what we saw in the past month is the dilemma of the CVs of which way to go.They needed to shore up Nakusha's capabilities to take up the reins of her husband's rule.That was the reason for the extensive pad yatras & jeep yatras. They didn't delve much into the emotional impact of the traumatic events on Nakusha.Hence the lack of tears & proper expression of anguish & turmoil.

As for Seema I will never believe she can be a third angle in D-Nakku LS. They are bound for life & so wrapped in each other there can't be place for even thought of a third angle.Both male & female. So Seema's & that cop's (if he is coming) role is out atleast as a love interest. D still feels the pinch of Seema's betrayal as evident during that party.He needs to close & seal off permanently that open wound for him to finally feel eternal peace & happiness. That is the purpose of Seema here. But now the CVs really need to get moving with story.And I'm pretty certain Monday onwards it will.
-bharti- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

I'm not worried that nakku would change so much as the storyline of LTL with the exit of Jayesh Patil, cause my worry is the reports of the entry of a cop nd now the khoon bari maang scene of seema, irritating me to no end.  God!!! what was the necessary of that disgusting scene😡 i dont understand, what were they trying to suggest, i cant figure it out nd if something that seema is dreaming is ever to happen even temporarily, like dutta accepting her, that would be the last of LTL for me.  I swear!!!!!

Beees thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I believe the khoon bhari maang scene was shown to create grounds for Seema to turn negative in the future episodes. After Kala being exposed and punished/kicked out of PN, the vamp slot is to be filled and i guess that would be done in Seema's form. Initially she was only seeking Dutta's forgiveness so that she could redeem herself but now after his accident and twists of fate (i.e. incidents like him brought to her kotha of all the places after accident and also his blood accidently filling her maang) she has started to believe that its more to it between them than just forgiveness and redemption.

She is completely oblivious of developments in Dutta's love life and it is this knowledge in the future that would eventually lead her to turn negative. She would feel it as her right to get Dutta back on grounds of these incidents.  She kept on questioning chacha ji in the last episode that God had meant them to be together and that is why Dutta was brought to her in this sorry state.

So i think we all must hang in there and stop worrying abt the khoon bhari maang scene as it is a setting ground for seema's future track to create disruptions between Dutta and Nakusha!!!!
deactivated1 thumbnail
Thank you for all your thoughts, guys. It somewhat relieved my mind. I still have mixed feelings, but I think that it's because I don't know in which direction the CVs are headed. Not exactly. And added to that, I've got bad experience with creatives that move on from a great project and leave it in the hands of others.

But I'm just hoping that things will start making more sense. That LTL will get its old feel back.

@Beees: I had that same thought. That the maang-blood-scene is meant for something later on. I've got a feeling that Seema will turn negative at some point, but as sweet as she is now (in spite of actually being extremely selfish), I can't be sure.