khushi_4ever thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
I had missed the 9.30 original episode as i had to attend a small get together.....but i saw it on the 11.00pm slot.

I have till date watched so many weddings , with almost the same mantras being played out in the background, seen the same vidhis being repeated by so many couples on screen....................but to day when i watched Maan raise Geet's hand for the Kanyadan ceremony and touch it to his forehead.............................Maan filling up Geet's maang(with the mantra sarvamangalashu mangalya.........playing in the background)..................when he lifted the mangalsutra and tied that around her neck.......................all these took on a much deeper meaning for me, these age old traditions today being enacted by Maaneet today made me feel as if a sense of calm had descended on my heart..............for  i had wanted to see this for such a long time now but even after thinking abt it for so long i couldn't have dreamt it to be so poignant or moving.
%20%20Uploaded%20with%20ImageShack.us" border="">
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
%20%20Uploaded%20with%20ImageShack.us" border="">
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
The ceremony..........Darji's appearence.....................Geet's mafi.......................the look that passed between Maan and Geet after the sindoor and mangalsutra.....................seemed to say.......... "I belong to u and u belong to me."

The way they were looking at each other during the pheras..............is beyond summarization.........................

Untill today their eye-locks were full of awareness and love for each other, but today it was all abt acceptance, belonging,trust,love and possisseveness..................and wonder that their wish to belong to each other has come true...........................

Thank u CVs for such a well thought out episode, realy Maaneet's wedding is not something that can be erased from my memory very soon.

Thank u DD and GC for acting so well that at times the line between reality and REELITY seemed to merge and become one.

Edited by khushi_4ever - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

saanjh11 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
ya true yaar everything was so touching and hearthelting today just loved it to cores maneet
.Lina. thumbnail
i cried my eyes off. 😭😭😭😭
khushi_4ever thumbnail

Originally posted by: sanjh1234

ya true yaar everything was so touching and hearthelting today just loved it to cores maneet

The way they were looking at each other while taking the pheras........................as if they couldnt take their eyes off each other........................ I really want somebody to love me like that and vise- versa.😍 😍 😍
khushi_4ever thumbnail

Don't u think everything was just perfect................................................. A real dream  wedding..............................
khushi_4ever thumbnail

Originally posted by: WhiteFantasy

i cried my eyes off. 😭

I too felt  a heaviness in my heart when Darji was asking for her forgiveness......................... when she ran back to put her head on Darji's chest during her bedai and then Maan goes and brings her with him..................................... Really yaar it was so touching. a very real occurrence in every girl's life..............................
alovi_21 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail

I just woke up n started my laptop, starting scene itself I started crying, my hubby came n told oye, crying, he wipes my tears n told bahut keemti hai, first I told no abhi so ker uthi hu isliye eyes main asun hain, then he saw I m watching geet, I told him its touchy scene n shadi ho gayi,so m happy, he know how much I love this serial, I always tell himm the story about geet after cmg from office, he used to watch with me from june to sept, office noke jhoke sence, sometime he only asked what going on in your geet. he used to tell Maan ne tum ladkiyon ke hopes bahut bada di hai.

Edited by alovi_21 - 13 years ago
khushi_4ever thumbnail

Originally posted by: alovi_21

I just woke up n started my laptop, starting scene itself I started crying, my hubby came n told oye, crying, he wipes my tears n told bahut keemti hai, first I told no abhi so ker uthi hu isliye eyes main asun hain, then he saw I m watching geet, I told him its touchy scene n shadi ho gayi,so m happy, he know how much I love this serial, I always tell himm the story about geet after cmg from office, he used to watch with me from june to sept, office noke jhoke sence, sometime he only asked what going on in your geet. he used to tell Maan ne tum ladkiyon ke hopes bahut bada di hai.

So sweet of ur husband...........then u do have a loving and caring one...........lucky girl.
Yeah that is so true.........................Maan Singh Khurana has raised the bar of our expectations.
For those of u already married, and understand and love ur hubby, at least u r safe as for those of us who have yet to commit ourselves............................it is a big problem.
Bet yesterday all the ceremonies made u remember ur own wedding be it in any form or religion as the underlying core is the same....................leaving our parents and belonging to someone else..........................

alovi_21 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
I cried alot in my bidaai, I m yonger one in my family, so ladli hu ghar ki, my brothers n mumma were crying alot, yes mine is also love come arrange marriage. my hubby is very caring, I like geet as I m kind of geet, full masti khore chulbulli  n very emotional.
khushi_4ever thumbnail

Originally posted by: alovi_21

I cried alot in my bidaai, I m yonger one in my family, so ladli hu ghar ki, my brothers n mumma were crying alot, yes mine is also love come arrange marriage. my hubby is very caring, I like geet as I m kind of geet, full masti khore chulbulli  n very emotional.

As i said before u are one of the lucky lot......................... congrates of finding ur true life partner.