Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Is a Bollywood film ever going to win an Oscar? (Page 5)

ibelieveinpink IF-Stunnerz
ibelieveinpink
ibelieveinpink

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 9:02pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by lensahunte08

I think the Oscars are biased when it comes to bollywood films. They like to maybe award European films for economic reasons. Who knows lol...am just making this up.

I think bollywood films have a huge chance of getting an award at the oscars if the oscars stop only giving awards to European films.

Yes but films like The Prophet, The Chorus, The White Ribbon give BW films really tough competition...India makes good films too and India shouldn't just chose from BW films, but also from regional films b/c there are really good Marathi, Tamil, Bengali films made also but they don't get the recognition b/c they don't have a large audience!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.khoobsurat.

ibelieveinpink
ibelieveinpink

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 9:07pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ruky786

Never...Oscars are annoying anyway. Dunno whether Colin Firth is going to win an Oscar let alone a Bollywood film winningROFL

I'm still upset Colin Firth didn't win for A Single Man...fingers crossed for The King's Speech!!! But I think Oscars are given such a high pedestal b/c they may be bias but they still chose from the best...nomination list speaks volume!! Is Colin Firth the reason you find the Oscars annoying..or is there another reason?!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

.khoobsurat.ruky786

bulls-eye IF-Dazzler

Posted: 23 January 2011 at 1:16am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

NuktaacheenDexterkichokri

ruky786 IF-Stunnerz
ruky786
ruky786

Posted: 23 January 2011 at 3:35am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sweet coco

Never...Oscars are annoying anyway. Dunno whether Colin Firth is going to win an Oscar let alone a Bollywood film winningROFL

I'm still upset Colin Firth didn't win for A Single Man...fingers crossed for The King's Speech!!! But I think Oscars are given such a high pedestal b/c they may be bias but they still chose from the best...nomination list speaks volume!! Is Colin Firth the reason you find the Oscars annoying..or is there another reason?!

Not Colin firth I just find some of the people who win are just annoying...like Sandra Bullock winning I didn't think she should have wonLOL

ibelieveinpink

chocobear IF-Rockerz
chocobear
chocobear

Posted: 23 January 2011 at 4:07am | IP Logged
Bollywood..no never!!!
If you see the quality of  the films that BW has produced has gone down and down over the years. It was much better 10 to 20 years back when they had less resources and budget but their story had substance and it was enough to hold the audience for three long hours but today they have so much money resources publicity agencies and all but no story nothing!!! I just doze off to sleep usually once the movie starts these days. 
ibelieveinpink
ibelieveinpink

Posted: 23 January 2011 at 6:03am | IP Logged

Originally posted by sweet coco

Not Colin firth I just find some of the people who win are just annoying...like Sandra Bullock winning I didn't think she should have wonLOL

OMG....if you say that on the streets NOW especially post-Jesse thing...you could get shot!!!LOL BE careful!!!!

But I think it was her career high and ppl just love her so they were a little bias!!! But I love her so I'm glad she won, but that girl from Precious was also so effin' fantastic!!

ruky786

ibelieveinpink
ibelieveinpink

Posted: 23 January 2011 at 6:08am | IP Logged
But like I said where do only BW films get selected...I mean INDIA makes amazing films and I'm pretty sure we had sometime way better than Paheli, Eklavya, and Devdas up our sleeve!!!

Also, I felt like TZP was a fantastic entry b/c it was carried off so brilliantly by a CHILD....that like never happens and when it does it usually gets nominated!!! I think HW looks done on BW and sometimes I would agree b/c the 90s were truly so OTT and melodramatic and while HW was producing Forrest Gump, Philadelphia, Schindler's List...BW was high on family drama!!! I think there's a reason BW gets ignored and it's b/c masala flicks get all the attention while the really good films don't garner as much attention of moolah!!
ruky786 IF-Stunnerz
ruky786
ruky786

Posted: 23 January 2011 at 6:31am | IP Logged
It does make me think would Bollywood ever choose a Hollywood film to be entered into their awards I don't know National Awards or IIFA ROFLI mean if they had a Bollywood version of the Oscars ROFL

ibelieveinpink

Go to top