India-Forums

Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee
Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

AA CON - REACTION & QUESTIONS

palmbeach1238 Senior Member
palmbeach1238
palmbeach1238

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 8:52am | IP Logged

CVs''.. are digging themselves and GHSP a'''.BIG BLACK HOLE!!!!!!

How''...you ask yourselves?  Let me explain.

When two NON-EXISTENT entities (Annie & Arjun)''. which do not matter (Anti-Matter) '..'collide'..'they create BIG BLACK HOLE which sucks and pulls in everything that matters (Maaneet, cvs and the show GHSP).

Up until now'..I was just mildly annoyed at AA scenes shoved in between Maaneet scenes'..I could never understand the reason why they had to be shown IN BETWEEN Maaneet scenes.

See''..for TRP reasons''...I know that people need to switch on to Star One a few minutes before the show is transmitted in order to register trp points.  So the obvious tactic would be to start the scene with the the shows' USP''' Maaneet'''.and end with scenes of AA (if they had to have AA scenes)'..'by which time viewers don't really care if they are in the show or not''..and we can switch off after 15 mins or so''..and not affect the trps. 

But cvs decided to write AA scenes in between Maaneet scenes.  To my mind''.. this has been their biggest mistake.  The only effect this type of exposure to AA scenes has only resulted in long-term disillusionment and a gradual erosion of our fascination for Maaneet.

For me'..the last straw came yesterday!!!!!! 

We were all set to watch an event that'. to my mind''... was not only supposed to be a beautiful scene of commitment between two individuals very much in love'..'but hopefully an inspirational example of good conquering evil by showing a girl who'. '.against all odds''..manages to find happiness and love in what would otherwise be a life of discrimination and hardship.

What we got''was a scene of another woman'being exploited in exactly the same way that Geet had been.  Here'....there are several questions to ask the cvs.

1.        Why did the story turn back''.. to show an issue which has already been highlighted in the show i.e.; the exploitation of women.  We get it''..women are very exploited'.'.not just in Indian society''..but also other cultures.  Why keep banging on the same drum.  Could you not have explored other avenues''..how about'..'.exploitation of men?

2.       Cvs have yet to give us an acceptable form of punishment to Geet's perpetrators.  Dev is still walking as free as a bird (being made Parayi from society and family is not proper punishment in my eyes).  Naintara is in a coma in hospital (again'.not enough punishment in my eyes'..it looks like all charges were dropped so that she was allowed to go scott free to Canada'..otherwise she would not have received immigration clearance to leave the country''and she also managed to come back from Canada).  Pammi and Kamya are still roaming free in Canada.  If cvs can't be trusted to give us viewers an acceptable form of punishment for all these people'why bring the same issue to the table.   I for one am not interested in watching the same to same scenario of events''and I don't care anymore for their circles and loops''if this is the way they are going ahead with the story.  Circles and Loops are interesting'.'.up to a point'..'.but the AA CON was not the kind of loop I am interested in watching.

3.       Why was Annie's character deemed necessary?   I understand the issues with a 6 day week schedule.  But cvs had the potential for good and interesting future tracks with the wonderful characters already on the show'..which could have been utilized''Adi, Pinky, Manishaji, Romeo, Pandayji, Dadima, etc.  Not to mention the two characters which have already been talked about in the show'..Sameera and Vicky'.who have yet to show up.  Abhinav's character could have been replaced.  Why are the PH, Star One, and cv so short-sighted when it came to developing these characters?

4.       Arjun could have been introduced without Annie.  Piyush ''..at least''is a credible actor but Nikunj is the biggest weakness in the show.  One of the main requirements of an actor is the ability to connect with the viewers, whether your character is good (Geet) or evil (viewers love Naintara''..even though she is evil through and through).  Nikunj has not been able to 'connect' with her audience at all.  In comedy scenes''.she is Ok''..nothing spectacular.  But in her serious or love scenes'..she just cannot emote and dialogue delivery is non-existent.

Having said that'..there may have been valid reasons'.'.other than the 6 day schedule''..why AA were introduced.  Some that come to mind are Abhinav's tantrums and wish to leave to leave the show, Karishma's health issues, Star One's insistence on parallel tracks, budget issues (hence low-paid unknown actors being employed) etc.

But the turn that the story has taken'.'.is unacceptable.  Repeat of events that happened to Geet are unacceptable.  Redemption of characters such as Dev, Darji, etc is not plausible.  Ideally, Geet's mum and dad'.who had always loved her without reservation''should have been brought back for her wedding for Kanyadaan (change of actors would have been acceptable'.if original actors were not available.)  If the whole show is going to be about redemption of every negative character without just punishment''..then we are ignoring how normal people perceive reality and justice ''..and then whole show goes for a toss.

The cvs spent all their energy, resources and money into building Maaneet into a 'dream world' type of couple'..and we all bought the fantasy story.  But just in one fell swoop'..they shattered the dream '.'by showing''. AA CON''...right in the middle of what was going to the highlight for us''..the viewers''.knowing that their viewers hated (yes'.hated in not inaccurate a word to use here) the couple.  Their DREAM WEDDING has truly turned out to be a nightmare for us viewers.

You can see the response to this episode yourselves'.'.just from the comments and/or fall in participation of comments on the wall in FB.

The question now is''...what damage limitation will the cvs employ to salvage some of the past glory of the show.   Will throwing zillions of Maaneet scenes be enough or will the death of Annie bring salvation'.not just for the cvs, PH and Star One but for the viewers too.

Edited by palmbeach1238 - 22 January 2011 at 8:54am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

pippa

pippa IF-Rockerz
pippa
pippa

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 11:46am | IP Logged
This has to be the best and most articulate post on the subject. There were many posts on the same topic but none hit the nail on the head with such accuracy!

I'm truly surprised that you didn't get a single response for this.

You've said everything I wanted to but was unable to.

Yes, Maaneet is priceless, it's creation a work of art. AA on the other hand is dross. I simply don't understand how the PH and the channel could show them side by side...and everyday, too.

About Nikunj....I had no issues with her appearance at the start though I didn't like her dress sense or her acting...but I felt her dialogue delivery was good....but she is sadly lacking in every department where her scenes with Arjun are concerened.

As for Darji's redemption, I too would have prefereed the parents who truly loved her and not Darji who never cared for her. But, as I said in my on post about him, I feel it's fitting that he came and gave his blessings as he was the root cause of all of Geet's problems.

And Geet's parents are so terrified of him that they willingly gave her up for dead and decided never to think about her again. Unless Darji decided otherwise, no one in the Handa family would dare to hold out an olive branch.
Now that he repents and accepts Geet wholeheartedly, the rest of the family will follow. My only issue is that they too should have been at the wedding.
Hope the cvs have a convincing explanation for this...though I highly doubt it.....my gut feeling says that this is the last that we'll see of Darji and the Handas!!

Edited by pippa - 22 January 2011 at 11:48am

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top