Rang Badalti Odhani

India-Forums

Rang Badalti Odhani
Rang Badalti Odhani

Critics' Corner # 4 Feb 4th epi pg 142 (Page 12)

aditee IF-Rockerz
aditee
aditee

Posted: 26 January 2011 at 7:10am | IP Logged
Bad planning, poor writing, extremely poor execution of the entire Rock On track!

Only Shaan has been seen with the guitar, and by the mike
If not we would not have a clue, he even belongs to a "boy" band

Not one scene of him rehearsing with Sam, and Duck, talking about the melody or lyrics........ having arguments over when/how the antara should be played or what the BG music should sound like

Not one scene of them showed them practice together

Not one scene showed  a serious sensible recording studio or music equipment or taping devices (Instead of doing press notes and taking pictures with SEL, SWJ should have requested permission to shoot for a half hour in their state-of-the-art recording studio, and made the three idiots change outfits 5 or 7 times and recorded clips of them singing or playing in there and she could have used it all of last month.)

Not one mention of how many songs there will be in the album

"Rahul gaane likhta tha" we were told So who wrote the songs for this album?

Why didnt the whole team go for the auditioning, photo shoot and press meet?

Why didnt they go when Shaan was off doing a "world tour"

Serious flaws!

Stuffing a plot or track down our throats is one thing but they havent even cut it up to the right size, its whole and uncooked and stale

Edited by aditee - 26 January 2011 at 7:27am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

vaish_123kubareLimitLessFan

aditee IF-Rockerz
aditee
aditee

Posted: 26 January 2011 at 7:20am | IP Logged
RBO has basically become a "route numberless" bus

Its a love story, rich poor divide, saas bahu, other woman, "boy" band, clueless/aimless/ambition less rich spoilt brat-wants to-be-singer, ex-friend-wants-revenge, ex-friend-loves to-paw his girlfriend, random-friend-falls for brat's bhabhi, music-concert to bi-polar Dad-wanting wanting-divorce-from-wife- wants-son to contribute- to- business one-day-congratulates-singer son the next-day to ex-friend resorts to serious-criminal-moves-to separate-brat-from-his wife story

In between all that brat makes love on the street after being gone for a handful of hours!

Edited by aditee - 26 January 2011 at 7:23am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

vaish_123kubareLimitLessFantogepe30

-SYS- IF-Dazzler
-SYS-
-SYS-

Posted: 26 January 2011 at 7:37am | IP Logged
Hahaha skimmed over the past few pages-the opening scene and the 'age' factor seem to be dominating [Am I the youngest one around here?=D]

I think the point is that the only reason we- the people who didn't go gaga over the scene- didn't like it was the fact that it was all show and no substance. Had it been supported with some heavy emotion the previous few days which all culminated in something physical it would have been more palatable. Umm apart from the whole at the main gate factor-which was pretty creepy. Especially in todays world.
Oh and the fact that one did wonder if it is possible to romance while shivering so obviously.Is it is it is it?

Anywayyy I'm not excited about the concert.Yesterday's pre-cap didn't build up the anticipation. Uff what I would give for pre-caps of the past which had me waiting desperately for the next day!
I might end up missing today's episode and thus the discussion. 
Either way-anyone here who hasn't read my SS, go do it!And comment!

Yes-I seem to have learnt from the bestLOL

Oh and a big thanks to all those who did-my thanks will be found in one of those pagesHug

Edited by -SYS- - 26 January 2011 at 7:41am

vaish_123kubareLimitLessFan

roadsidejunkey Goldie
roadsidejunkey
roadsidejunkey

Posted: 26 January 2011 at 9:54am | IP Logged
any thing worth  watching  in todayz episode????
tvrasika IF-Rockerz
tvrasika
tvrasika

Posted: 26 January 2011 at 10:04am | IP Logged
@ Deepa
Acting-wise, nothing unusual... i wud watch for YM's expressions...

The song will be shown tomorrow.

My take on today's epi-coming up....

roadsidejunkeyvaish_123kubare

togepe30 IF-Stunnerz
togepe30
togepe30

Posted: 26 January 2011 at 10:32am | IP Logged
The Concert was - JUVENILE to say the least..
Very badly executed.......A concert never looked more fake....Even though I abhorr K-shows......I think they cudve taken a tip from that Kaisa Yeh Pyaar Hai show......the 2-3 times I have seen that show...The concerts were shown really well....! That was shown flamboyantly without looking like trash...

Today all that screaming by so called fans and Shaan's entry and his speech...It cudnt have looked more fake...

And are we to believe that Rahul was just like that called on stage and yet he was In-tune with all the drumming and with the song...Ofcourse none of the other so called band members practiced either....but still.......Wasnt Rahul supposed to left music for the last 5 yrs?? He must b a genius to pick it up soo well from where he left 5 yrs ago and play at a concert without even a single rehearsal....Tussi Gr8 ho sirjee !!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by togepe30 - 26 January 2011 at 10:32am

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

woosterroadsidejunkeyvaish_123saaazadventure_gurl.Dilwale.kubarebones88

SPN_JD_Addicted IF-Sizzlerz
SPN_JD_Addicted
SPN_JD_Addicted

Posted: 26 January 2011 at 10:47am | IP Logged
Couldn't bring myself to watch the episode.Just watched ShaNak scene where she says All the best and his look and the hug was good and so was his expression when she was leaving.Shantanu in that shiny attire and boots,no thanks!And the setting looks so cheap!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

kubare

tvrasika IF-Rockerz
tvrasika
tvrasika

Posted: 26 January 2011 at 10:49am | IP Logged
Jan 26, 2011:

Shaan has still not seen the MMS! Ufff..... am guessing that this will be taken till saturday.

Shaan-Khanak scene- cute, as is usual. Cant believe they gave Khanak such a garish costume. Caught some scenes of the next-door -neighbour show and the second lead there, the hero's sister, has a fab salwar suit! Why is our Khanak being treated so badly? Cry

Yashu was the star for me today... her saying 'besht of luck', her infectious smile while standing in the front row, her dialogue delivery in her scene with Duck and Sam- she never falters, does she? She is the only one who has consistently given her heart and soul in every scene, with all actors. Even KT falters when he is not acting with Yashu. But Yashu, u go girl... am proud of youClap

KT did well in the scene where Khanak leaves after wishing Shaan luck... watch out for that sigh he heaves... soooooooooo like Shaan!

Why we like KT and YM- because they understand Shaan and Khanak! Not many actors get their characters.

The concert vs MMS- i belong to the minority in feeling that the concert is not the highlight for me... because so much of news has already leaked out... the real highlight of this track should have been the concert but sadly won't be, because of the MMS. News is that Rahul himself will confide to Shaan abt the MMS and that's how the band will break up!Shocked

Apparently, the track to follow will be about Khanak again trying to unite this band! Uff! Really tiring that would be!

Anyway, back to the concert....for me the surprise element is all but gone... am just waiting to see KT's expressions in the song bcos he is usually very very good! Shaan calling Rahul, Rahul coming on stage, thanking Shaan, none of those scenes leave an impact because they seem hurriedly done.

The K family: Love'em... OMG... Finally saw Rushad! Eyes wateryCry Sunil looked so cool in the flower shirt! Love this group. This is what they shld focus on....

The attire: I have never been to any such concert. What genre of music wud u call that song? Is it Rock or Pop (like Indipop)? Do people attending Pop concerts also wave hands like that? and pop stars in India also wear such shiny clothes?

Precap- The song, and the 4 'friends' doing a joint appearance.... my take- am looking forward to what happens afterwards.

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

NDDgirlroadsidejunkeyvaish_123-SYS-jyothi1989SPN_JD_Addictedadventure_gurl.Dilwale.kubareLimitLessFan

Go to top