Rang Badalti Odhani

Critics' Corner # 4 Feb 4th epi pg 142 - Page 82

tvrasika thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
@ Yumna
The general version believed is the wikipedia version.. that Ram knew Sita was innocent but just wanted to make sure no one wud say anything against her later on...

The 'trial by fire' plot is a common one in many myths in India because of the value placed on a woman's modesty/chastity etc... A chaste woman is believed to have enormous power. But power has to 'renewed' constantly, so to speak... I guess that's why our TV heroines are always going thru this trial non-stop...

Am waiting for a show where the lead heroine will not face accusation of infidelity as a problem in life... but talking abt price-rise and inflation as a problem would not provide the drama an 'agnipareeksha' episode does...

When they showed Khanak giving money to Sunny and asking him to leave, I talked about the 'accusation' track. This is what I had in mind... a woman having any kind of transaction with a strange man, without her husband's knowledge will, 99% of the time, lead to her fidelity being questioned. It's a familiar trope in Indian drama.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-SYS- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Oh. It said that not everyone believed in the banishment version so I wasn't sure.
BUT in this case Shaan isn't giving in to others.In fact we have seen the opposite throughout RBO.Shaan always thought Khanak was right and when he started falling in love with her he started taking her side quite openly against his family.
Here the reason for Shaan pushing her away are his own insecurities coming to the surface. I've always thought that this isn't really a matter of his lack of trust in her but also his insecurity as regards her love for him. And as for trust-I still think it takes time for develop and that Shanak as a couple haven't really been through anything that would strengthen their bond to the extent of unfailing trust in each other.
-SYS- thumbnail
@Gaayu
Its not an uncommon theme actually. Trial by fire in India, blame of Original sin in Christianity. 
Just because women are weaker physically men seem to take it for granted that all blame lies with them.In fact when we look at statistics its usually the men who stray and not women but as soon as the woman is even seen being a bit friendly with a man-she gets labelled as an adultress or what not. 
tvrasika thumbnail
@ Yumna
Banishment version? U mean, Uttar Ramayan? Can u send the link u r reading? I will send u a PM explaining this matter further...

Re Shaan' insecurities, what they are tryng to show, as I understand, is that a man has more problem accepting a woman who has had a relationship before, than a woman would have, of a man in the same situation. So, for Khanak, Shaan being in love with Natasha before being in love with her, in not so much as issue. But Suraj is a problem for Shaan and Sunny brings it to the surface....

Daebak thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
This content was originally posted by: tvrasika

Re Shaan' insecurities, what they are tryng to show, as I understand, is that a man has more problem accepting a woman who has had a relationship before, than a woman would have, of a man in the same situation. So, for Khanak, Shaan being in love with Natasha before being in love with her, in not so much as issue. But Suraj is a problem for Shaan and Sunny brings it to the surface....

Hmmm....thats sum food for thought....I agree completely😊
-SYS- thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: tvrasika

@ Yumna
Banishment version? U mean, Uttar Ramayan? Can u send the link u r reading? I will send u a PM explaining this matter further...

Yup.Thats what I meant by insecurities. I think we discussed here once before how Khanak has always been more secure in Shaan's love for her than Shaan has been about Khanak's love.Even though by society's standards it should be vice versa.
Daebak thumbnail

Anyone managed to come up with an explanation for the weird Coming Up and Precap that we got yesterday???

Y did Shaan not react?? Do you think he refuse to believe Khanak even after Rahul told him all?? Coz of what he saw at the balcony? That cant be possible right?? It wud be stupid of him to do that !

But how did he not hear what Rahul said ...coz Rahul certain said it all..Thats why Khanak said that "Thank You" dialogue right?

Was he too shocked/drunk to realize?? Will he regret after he gets sober?πŸ˜•

@Krishna - Me will come and pull your ears infront of your kiddo's if you dont stop just "liking" every post and not commenting !!
Edited by togepe30 - 13 years ago
kubare thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
@Gaayu and Yumna lovely discussion...missed it as was with my kids....πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

@Vandhu darling was liking the post only as one hand was occupied with little one....πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Yes Gaayu you said it his insecurities indeed more then him trusting her indeed...
Yumna yes it could have been completely opposite....but then Khanak is more sure , stronger where as Shaan has always been....confused...

@Vandhu..the precaps were discussed a few pages back...the first precap is last and the last precap i first....We will find out all today though in few hrs...πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
tvrasika thumbnail
@ Yumna
Sent u a PM. Yes, it is a common theme world over, women having to prove again and again their fidelity/chastity/purity whatever....

Khanak is in a bit of a disadvantage bcos Suraj is dead. How can she prove she loves Shaan more than she loved Suraj? She cannot. He is not there. Does not exist.

That's why Shaan (and the larger society/audience) expected Khanak to keep away from Sunny, to prove her affection for Shaan. If Sunny looks like Suraj, thats good enough... Khanak still has to keep away....

Shaan however proved to Khanak he loves her more than he ever loved Natasha. He chose not to divorce Khanak and did not marry Natasha. So he has had it easy actually....

Sunny's character is just a metaphor.... it's all abt Shaan's fears.
Edited by tvrasika - 13 years ago
Daebak thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: kubare

@Vandhu..the precaps were discussed a few pages back...the first precap is last and the last precap i first....We will find out all today though in few hrs...πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Yes me too thinks the same !!
Maybe she says she is leaving first then rahul says what he was gonna say before Sunny made an entry....He was gonna tell the truth ...with "Jo main ab kehne ja raha hoon...." and bang...Sunny entered..calling Sam !!🀒
But then when she said that to Rahul after he tells the truth then why didnt Shaan react???????? He was just sitting there !🀒 No Anger??? Too drunk?? Editing glitch??πŸ˜•