Critics' Corner # 4 Feb 4th epi pg 142 - Page 36

Posted: 13 years ago

@aditee

hein? what do you mean by where my opinion comes from?๐Ÿ˜•

@ zennn

What aditee said is right.

Not only that here situation is different.

Husband confronting wife about spending a night with another guy and he loves his wife.

he is like sandwiched between his love and his doubt.

Sometimes subtle acting does justice to the scene.

My two cents

Originally posted by zennnn

@aditee

hein? what do you mean by where my opinion comes from?๐Ÿ˜•

Where did you come to the conclusion that I thought KT's today's acting was at par with the post proposal scene or even better than the post proposal sceneConfused

Not once have I said that in my review today๐Ÿ˜ƒ

In fact my review today talks to the point

So I am really surprised why you would bring up "general opinion of us loving KT" into today's assessment๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Quite unlike you!๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Edited by aditee - 13 years ago

@aditee

acha! now i get it. sorry yaar, i am a bit slow today๐Ÿ˜ณ just came back from a wedding. you know aditee, honestly the deal is is that when YM is good, people are not as generous with praise. many times i have seen them praise kt equally even if all he did in an episode was roll his eyes. i am one of the biggest KT fans on the forum. but just like i don't like to under appereciate, i don't over apperciate either. ad, please don't take this personally, the kt's dewannis comment was a joke for Goodness sake!

EDITED:

and the fact that 'it is unlike' me should prove it is a sincere and fair observation on my part๐Ÿ˜ณ

Edited by zennnn - 13 years ago
Nope! Not at all

But I feel SOME YM lovers tend to get a little too defensive.

Who so ever's acting impresses me I appreciate it.
I try to be fair. I dont HAVE TO
But I do

KT's looks definitely appeal to me

I dont let it color my opinion of his acting or any indiscretions off screen (tho talking about it is taboo I expressed my disappointment over how he spoke of his "co actor" recently)

I was the first one to call out his Sallu imitation
People chewed me up

So I wont defend myself on how much I like both equally........... or not

Its an immature observation if someone thinks becoz I gush about KT's looks I will blindly ONLY gush about his acting

I dont!

Edited by aditee - 13 years ago
Originally posted by SPN_JD_Addicted

Shantanu at the time of accidental engagement just realised his love for Khanak.He was upset and confused himself.So he reacted as he always does.As of yesterday,he loves her,trusts her,secure and believe in the love they have for each other and may be for once he thought about the person involved too and how devastating it would be for them.His initial reaction of anger and grabbing the phone and his disbelief was portrayed beautifully.I am married and let's just say if anything happens I trust my husband to listen to me and comfort me instead of pointing the finger at me.Isn't that what a couple does though inside they might feel differently abt it.Being there for your partner.

Though he comforted her,he still is disturbed.Though we weren't shown the face of the man,cos of the presence of Sunny in their lives and from the pre-cap its obvious that Shantanu thinks it might be him.

I am waiting to see how it pans out today.I don't think he would forget this that quickly and start his usual masti(hope so)and the awkwardness would be great to see.Though I love to see him angry,for better or for worse I think he changed a bit so it might be frustration and self-doubt

As for him being cool at the press conference,the CT's as usual couldn't get everything right.

in blue: I second that... whatever be the case, its natural to have the devils in your mind play games... but still for a relationship to work unless you have see it with your own eyes, one should never point a finger at the other.. the day it happens, the "relationship" is going to sink deep into the sea!
Anu

They havent been married fror 20 years
They hardly know each other
Its like they are extremely physically compatible but other than that emotional compatibility is still being worked on

How can we expect trust to show up blindly yaar

It takes time!

From a fictional standpoint, if he trusted her then all she wud do wud be wearing those ugly shiny suits and handing him the guitar and being his plaything. This show cant seem to find a meaningful presence on air for her

@aditee

oh! so you think i am a YM lover now?๐Ÿ˜† ok. if i think an actor is good and they deserve to be praised, i'll say it ad. it's as simple as that. she was very average today. didn't i say that too? when she's good i say it. when she's not, i say it. and i do the same for KT.

in my eyes, both of them are equally good because one lacks qualities as an actor that the other has and vice versa. i am not a KT or a YM lover as you call it. yes an appereciative audience of their acting skills. they are good and there are no two ways about it.

Edited by zennnn - 13 years ago
Originally posted by aditee

Nope! Not at all
But I feel SOME YM lovers tend to get a little too defensive.
Who so ever's acting impresses me I appreciate it.
I try to be fair. I dont HAVE TO
But I do
KT's looks definitely appeal to me
I dont let it color my opinion of his acting or any indiscretions off screen (tho talking about it is taboo I expressed my disappointment over how he spoke of his "co actor" recently)
I was the first one to call out his Sallu imitation
People chewed me up
So Iwont defend myself on how much I like both equally........... or not
Its an immature observation if someone thinks becoz I gush about KT's looks I will blindly ONLY gush about his acting
I dont!

wow! is that what you think about me? i think this discussion is clearly heading in the wrong direction ad. i did not imply or say any of those things. let's just end it here. sorry i brought it up๐Ÿ˜ณ
My take on today's episode: ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ to KT...

one good thing the CVs of RBO have never changed is the quickness with which they reach the point.. unlike other serials where they round and round and round.. I seriously thought it would take atleast another week or so for Shanak confrontation...but within a day was real quick...
I hope ketka effect was more like a passing cloud.. and they continue in their typical RBO style...

Today's episode was Shanak, Shanak and Shanak... wow it was pleasure to watch the two...
starting with Khanak expressing how worried she was that Shaan didn't respond to her call oblivious of other Khandelwal members being around... Best was Shaan asking where Khanak was.. that was sooooooo sweet....
Then his chatter about the press conference, his excitement like a typical first timer to media exposure... and then his expression change when he sees her red dupatta... classic...
Though I didn't understand what the taanpura was doing on the terrace, there again his worried expressions were so realistic... the emotions a husband would go through was so well brought out.. and how Khanak without going all sob asks him to pour it all out.. was amazing... thats the kind of relationship Shanak should have...
Finally the dialogues were good today... not the typical sugar coated for the heck of it lines... and  Shaan being honest ( atleast thats what it seemed from this episode) that any husband would worry when they see such a thing was so genuine..
If not forgetting back to the golden days of RBO, I atleast hope its going to be silver.. sorry for the PJ!!
and the ending was like nazar-butta kind of thing with Rahul in his ishytle shiny green shirt and Sunny... guess they will fight for Sam... please let that happen and any game with Shanak involved too much..