Critics' Corner # 4 Feb 4th epi pg 142 - Page 10

Posted: 13 years ago
Hahaha skimmed over the past few pages-the opening scene and the 'age' factor seem to be dominating [Am I the youngest one around here?=D]

I think the point is that the only reason we- the people who didn't go gaga over the scene- didn't like it was the fact that it was all show and no substance. Had it been supported with some heavy emotion the previous few days which all culminated in something physical it would have been more palatable. Umm apart from the whole at the main gate factor-which was pretty creepy. Especially in todays world.
Oh and the fact that one did wonder if it is possible to romance while shivering so obviously.Is it is it is it?

Anywayyy I'm not excited about the concert.Yesterday's pre-cap didn't build up the anticipation. Uff what I would give for pre-caps of the past which had me waiting desperately for the next day!
I might end up missing today's episode and thus the discussion. 
Either way-anyone here who hasn't read my SS, go do it!And comment!

Yes-I seem to have learnt from the best😆

Oh and a big thanks to all those who did-my thanks will be found in one of those pages🤗
Edited by -SYS- - 13 years ago
any thing worth  watching  in todayz episode????
@ Deepa
Acting-wise, nothing unusual... i wud watch for YM's expressions...

The song will be shown tomorrow.

My take on today's epi-coming up....
The Concert was - JUVENILE to say the least..
Very badly executed.......A concert never looked more fake....Even though I abhorr K-shows......I think they cudve taken a tip from that Kaisa Yeh Pyaar Hai show......the 2-3 times I have seen that show...The concerts were shown really well....! That was shown flamboyantly without looking like trash...

Today all that screaming by so called fans and Shaan's entry and his speech...It cudnt have looked more fake...

And are we to believe that Rahul was just like that called on stage and yet he was In-tune with all the drumming and with the song...Ofcourse none of the other so called band members practiced either....but still.......Wasnt Rahul supposed to left music for the last 5 yrs?? He must b a genius to pick it up soo well from where he left 5 yrs ago and play at a concert without even a single rehearsal....Tussi Gr8 ho sirjee !!!!!!!!!!!
Edited by togepe30 - 13 years ago
Couldn't bring myself to watch the episode.Just watched ShaNak scene where she says All the best and his look and the hug was good and so was his expression when she was leaving.Shantanu in that shiny attire and boots,no thanks!And the setting looks so cheap!
Jan 26, 2011:

Shaan has still not seen the MMS! Ufff..... am guessing that this will be taken till saturday.

Shaan-Khanak scene- cute, as is usual. Cant believe they gave Khanak such a garish costume. Caught some scenes of the next-door -neighbour show and the second lead there, the hero's sister, has a fab salwar suit! Why is our Khanak being treated so badly? 😭

Yashu was the star for me today... her saying 'besht of luck', her infectious smile while standing in the front row, her dialogue delivery in her scene with Duck and Sam- she never falters, does she? She is the only one who has consistently given her heart and soul in every scene, with all actors. Even KT falters when he is not acting with Yashu. But Yashu, u go girl... am proud of you👏

KT did well in the scene where Khanak leaves after wishing Shaan luck... watch out for that sigh he heaves... soooooooooo like Shaan!

Why we like KT and YM- because they understand Shaan and Khanak! Not many actors get their characters.

The concert vs MMS- i belong to the minority in feeling that the concert is not the highlight for me... because so much of news has already leaked out... the real highlight of this track should have been the concert but sadly won't be, because of the MMS. News is that Rahul himself will confide to Shaan abt the MMS and that's how the band will break up!😲

Apparently, the track to follow will be about Khanak again trying to unite this band! Uff! Really tiring that would be!

Anyway, back to the concert....for me the surprise element is all but gone... am just waiting to see KT's expressions in the song bcos he is usually very very good! Shaan calling Rahul, Rahul coming on stage, thanking Shaan, none of those scenes leave an impact because they seem hurriedly done.

The K family: Love'em... OMG... Finally saw Rushad! Eyes watery😭 Sunil looked so cool in the flower shirt! Love this group. This is what they shld focus on....

The attire: I have never been to any such concert. What genre of music wud u call that song? Is it Rock or Pop (like Indipop)? Do people attending Pop concerts also wave hands like that? and pop stars in India also wear such shiny clothes?

Precap- The song, and the 4 'friends' doing a joint appearance.... my take- am looking forward to what happens afterwards.

Apparently, the track to follow will be about Khanak again trying to unite this band! Uff! Really tiring that would be!

wat, ek horror track khatam nahin ki dusri shuru 😆
@ Gaayu

I have been to a zillion rock, pop and even sang in some concerts

people wave ,,, like crazy,,,,yell like crazy

people do not wear horrendously looking shiny clothes unless it was part of an act-- like there was some choregraphy involved

and the music and sound  is always always in snyc....

the only thing even remotely 'palatable' in this visual was cute ehsaan...😃

@Vandooo...could not agree with you more,.... if anyway the stringless kite that this story has become is taking cues from eekthooo then why could there not have been more clean and snazzy with the concert look

all right everyone,,,outta here...ciao.,..happy discussing

hey all!🤗

i am back! well not quite. am very busy with studies. spending most of my free time at the library so haven't been able to catch up with the forum much but been watching the episodes though. my presentation went very well btw😃 thanks so much everyone for praying for and wishing me.

So, all of us were watching, loving, enjoying RBO when suddenly one day:

Rock On Track Is Introduced:

shaan turns into a 'dude' and kind of a jerk for his wife.

khanak turns into a doormat and her husband's orderly.

shaan's relationship with khanak becomes directly propotional to his music. when it disturbs him, he leaves his wife on a possible SR. when he is happy about it, he romances his wife in the rain outside on the road. so music and shaan's friends pretty much now define his and khanak's marriage.

Sunny Track Introduced:

sooraj look alike! dulwadi FBs! Rock on track redemption? uh.........Not!

i have figured out why this sunny track did not work. for the simple reason that it was just a mere addition to the rock on track itself. see unlike what we all thought, the rock on track was never sidelined. far from it. if the CVs intended seriously to use the sunny track, they would have shown shanak being and dealing together rather than him being at the studio all the time preparing for the big concert. but how could they? it was after all more about the band now than shanak. so i guess it made perfect sense.

i mean even the only good thing about the sunny track which was khanak's turmoil was also merely done to show its 'effect' on the concert. EVERYTHING in this track was done in consonance with the rock on one. in short, the rock on track was there, is still there and would remain their in Rang Badalti Dosti.......oops sorry i mean Rang Badalti Odhani.

Rock On Track Ends With Concert?

i think not! like i said. far from it. abhi tu yeh shuru hoa hai guys. after the concert, the mms comes out. instead of shanak misunderstanding or their story, we would yet again get a friends breaking up 'tragedy'. so rock on continues if only in spirit.

i like most of us had assumed or rather hoped that after the concert the story would come back to shanak, even if we get a misunderstanding or whatever. it would be RBO again and not RBD. but unfortunately, now i think that the friends track will continue with all its vigour and even the MMS issue would be woven into and around it somehow.

P.S.

oh and for all those who don't want khanak to try to reunite the friends, let me ask you one thing. is their any other way for her? how else would or could she be incorporated in the story if not like this. there you go! another reason why the band/dosti track should end or atleast be kept as a sub plot. at least this way we get to see the pratagonist about whose life the show is supposed to be about!
Edited by zennnn - 13 years ago
@ Zennn
Welcome back! U have exams going on now? Gosh... hate them exams! But good luck to u:) am sure u will do just as well as you did in the presentation.

As for your post, very well-said. The music band/friends' track/whatever the name is, is very much there... and probably won't go away... nattyc, the woman who interviewed KT and YM, said Rahul isn't going anywhere. Some people here are also saying Manish has been handpicked by SWJ. Which means, he is around...

My question is, what is Sunny doing in the montage then? Is that a 'mirage' too?