Laagi Tujhse Lagan
Laagi Tujhse Lagan

Kindred bondage? (Page 5)

kabeeraspeaking IF-Sizzlerz
kabeeraspeaking
kabeeraspeaking

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 11:29am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ZubyDutta

Why does a post about Madhu alone turns into a marathon comparison between her & Roops? The first page of this thread should be read carefully again.The discussion was about how the CVs missed the bus in building up an interesting avenue just like they missed the bus building up many other interesting avenues.Nowhere did the original thread starter or some that responded said Madhu is a good girl so deserves the best whereas Roop being evil does not deserve redemption or anything beautiful. Roop was mentioned as part of the ET.It was merely mentioned that its good for D to have atleast one genuine sister amidst three other uncaring ones. Pretty naive the way the discussion was dragged into other irrelevant areas.

Taking part with glee in every plotting of Kala which has resulted in untold misery for Dutta is "a naively mean action committed "Shocked Now this revelation is alien to me. Those were actions of a conscientous person?Acts committed against a brother by his "baby sister"? The scenes of enticing Baji were those by a girl "torn" between siblings? Saturday has turned out to be a day of "revelations" for me.

Thanks for pointing out that civil discussion which can flow any which way on a forum is naive to you. I posted on Page 4 with my views after seeing your post on Page 2 about all the 'heinous' things Roops has done. Let's not get carried away in pointing fingers and actually remember what we ourselves posted to elucidate such discussion and maybe then claims of naivety won't prematurely figure into your posts.

Enjoy the revelations and digs :bigwave:

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

HumaGincandescenceAreYaar

-Carrie- IF-Rockerz
-Carrie-
-Carrie-

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 11:35am | IP Logged
No.That was in response to somebody else's post.After the person began abt Madhu & Roops.I do remember what I've written in my posts,thank u very much. My first response to the thread is on page one. Digs are not my speciality.They are somebody else's.Dont make it personal.There is no need.
Elysia IF-Rockerz
Elysia
Elysia

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 11:38am | IP Logged
Originally posted by make-believe

Originally posted by Elysia

In order to be redeemed, one must make the right choice and stick to it. Roops changes colors. One day, she regrets what she's done, and next she's scheeming with her sisters again. How does that make her deserving of redemption?

Yes. If she decided that she'd no longer support Kala in her evil plans and actually attempted to make up for her bad deeds, then I'd be open to her getting a chance at redeeming herself. I hope that'll happen soon.

The confusion and flip-floping that comes in making those right choices has been portrayed by Dutta's character too, just as Roops has Smile It is a crucial part of redemption, and above all, once again, she has been shown to have a conscience and love for Dutta at a intrinsic, child-like level, many, many times. Yes, the writers changed their mind somewhere along the road, but it still doesn't take away from the fact that she is very much still deserving of redemption. Nothing she has done so far is so vile that it cannot be justified by way of human error.

Anyways, Roops wasn't the point of your thread and everything I had to say about Madhu has already been said in my post. After reading what you have written on the previous page about finding no fault in the artificiality of Madhu's character re: bonding with everyone or wanting attention or her unwarranted and extreme enthusiasm at a time of someone's death, all I can say is that you seem to be inferring and erasing at choice. Whatever works for you Smile

Nothing she has done so far is so vile that it cannot be justified by way of human error? You don't think that's inferring and erasing at choice here? Let's rewind: She was a part of the scheme that entailed poisoning Supriya in her sleep (and that's just one of the schemes that she's been a part of). Being a bystander is just as bad as being the culprit, in my opinion. There are human errors and then there's plain cruelty.

It's not enough to say that "she has a conscience and love for Dutta". In the end, it's the actions that count. When she realizes what she has done - once and for all - and makes the right choice, I'll say that she deserves to be forgiven. That's my standpoint.

If you remember, Madhu didn't have a close relationship with her father. Kind of like with Dutta. Is it unnatural of her to not be overly emotional by his death when she barely had a relationship to him? He came to visit her twice a year and otherwise just sent money. I do agree that it's weird that she doesn't at least grieve somewhat. But I think that the CVs wanted the story to move forward, because of the wedding and FR. They didn't give her character the amount of time needed to be introduced rightly.
AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 11:38am | IP Logged
Oh GOD....is my post on the first page being cited as a "comparison" post b/w Roops and Madhu? Hey bhagwaaaaaaaaaan *headdesk*....if ppl can't even understand the point I was making in that post....about how the WRITERS flip-flop b/w giving screen time to the two characters then truly there is nothing left to say.....ppl love to come up with their own interpretations here to turn things personal and then try to act all innocent. Amazing.

HumaGincandescencekabeeraspeaking

kabeeraspeaking
kabeeraspeaking

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 11:51am | IP Logged

Nothing she has done so far is so vile that it cannot be justified by way of human error? You don't think that's inferring and erasing at choice here? Let's rewind: She was a part of the scheme that entailed poisoning Supriya in her sleep (and that's just one of the schemes that she's been a part of). Being a bystander is just as bad as being the culprit, in my opinion. There are human errors and then there's plain cruelty.

It's not enough to say that "she has a conscience and love for Dutta". In the end, it's the actions that count. When she realizes what she has done - once and for all - and makes the right choice, I'll say that she deserves to be forgiven. That's my standpoint.

Fair enough. Those are your interpretations and standards for the characters and you are completely entitled to it! As it is, we seem to be very different viewers of the shame show, so there's no point going in circles when we're understanding and looking for things on completely different planes.

If you remember, Madhu didn't have a close relationship with her father. Kind of like with Dutta. Is it unnatural of her to not be overly emotional by his death when she barely had a relationship to him? He came to visit her twice a year and otherwise just sent money. I do agree that it's weird that she doesn't at least grieve somewhat. But I think that the CVs wanted the story to move forward, because of the wedding and FR. They didn't give her character the amount of time needed to be introduced rightly.

She can be unemotional when it comes to the death of someone she doesn't know, but at the same time overtly emotional and expressive when it comes to living with people she doesn't know? Doesn't fit into a logical behaviour pattern, right?

At the last sentence...yes, that is exactly what most people who don't like Madhu have qualms with. She is unestablished and cannot just be thrown into the storyline even now without some base work. And they don't have time for secondary characters at the moment, so it doesn't seem likely either. Much better to focus on Baaji than any of the other Patils, because his is a state which will evoke instant connection and emotions...which is exactly what they need right now...some life in an otherwise falling storyline.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

sub_rosaHumaGincandescenceAreYaar

Elysia IF-Rockerz
Elysia
Elysia

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 12:01pm | IP Logged
The evolution of conscience isn't something that is so black and white and can be taken on such a SURFACE level....

To see the potential to Roops as a character and the layers to her, one has to delve beyond the surface...her history of being under Kala's thumb, spoilt by everyone in the family.....you expect it to be so cut and dried as Roops waking up one day and declaring that she's positive and blindly loyal to Dutta and all will be sunshine and daisies?ConfusedLOL

Characters are driven by motivations and circumstances on many levels....not everyone is as single-dimensional as Madhu that they only have one purpose to their lives which they go around blatantly declaring.

When given a chance, Roops WAS being shown to repent and try to redeem herself during the DP track, but you have mentioned previously in this thread that you didn't care much for that then either since you don't find the actress competent enough, so what would NOW make you suddenly want to give Roops a chance for redemption if they even were to consider giving her that scope in the show again?

Yes, indeed, people here are turning things personal.

I wanted to discuss the character and relationship between D/M, but obviously things got a bit out of control and we ended up in a Team Madhu and Team Roops situation.

I never said or claimed that I don't find the actress who plays Roops competent. I said that she didn't act convincingly in the emotional scenes. That doesn't mean she's incompetent. It's a harsh word considering how I find her very convincing otherwise.

Yes, you're right that Roops has been under Kala's thumb. She's been spoiled and conflicted. But if she can understand that she did wrong to Dutta, if she can realize that and regret, then I believe that she's capable of understanding what the right thing is as well. I do understand her character. I understand where she's coming from and that she can't simply go from bad to good overnight. There's a lot more I could say about her and we'd end up in a longer discussion, but I'm not interested.

I wanted to discuss Madhu and her relationship to Dutta and how I hope that the CVs will give it a chance and develop things there in the future. That's all.
AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 12:08pm | IP Logged
@Elysia: Honestly it is up to you to see who turned things personal in this thread. Going back to the first page, I personally did not bring in Roops as a comparison point....I only elaborated more on that when you repeatedly mentioned Madhu's positive traits in comparison to Roops/Leela.....and that is where the discussion went from there....when the comparison was first brought in, it was bound to evolve from there.

My very first post in this thread pretty much summed up all I had to say about Madhu's character.

I guess the one thing we can all agree on is that the creatives are not exploring many avenues of character evolution for various characters...be it Madhu or Baaji or anyone else. We all have different interpretations of those based on our viewpoints.....fair enough.

Lastly, I'd like to add that it would be for the best interest of this forum if certain ppl stopped reacting so extremely to any criticism of Madhu and turning it into some kind of imagined personal attack.....certain ppl are in love with Madhu cuz she's "positive and caring"....fair enough...but that doesn't mean that everyone has to sing her praises. There are valid points to be raised about the half-baked characterization of this character.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

sikkaishaHumaGincandescencekabeeraspeaking

kabeeraspeaking
kabeeraspeaking

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 12:08pm | IP Logged

No.That was in response to somebody else's post.After the person began abt Madhu & Roops.I do remember what I've written in my posts,thank u very much. My first response to the thread is on page one. Digs are not my speciality.They are somebody else's.Dont make it personal.There is no need.

Pretty naive the way the discussion was dragged into other irrelevant areas.

So your response had a role in 'dragging' the discussion into irrelevant areas too, right? And then you go on to deem other posts that reply to the very same discussion (which you were a part of yourself) as naive. Very convenient.

There is no need to get personal indeed, by use of words such as above, and neither any for us to interact. Good day to you!

HumaGincandescenceAreYaar

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Laagi Tujhse Lagan Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index