India-Forums

Laagi Tujhse Lagan
Laagi Tujhse Lagan

Kindred bondage? (Page 4)

kabeeraspeaking IF-Sizzlerz
kabeeraspeaking
kabeeraspeaking

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 11:01am | IP Logged
It's always interesting for me to see people take out the list of naively mean actions committed by Roops and pose that as a reason for why she 'deserves' or doesn't deserve something...if Dutta, a murderer, can attain redemption and a shot at beautiful things in life (Nakku), why not her? Confused Why does she suddenly become evil, irredeemable and undeserving of second chances? And clearly so when she has so many times shown that she does have a conscience. We're always game for appreciating Dutta's complexity, but can't see the layers Roops has? Confused This revelation is just alien to me...that there are more dimensions being inferred with regards to Madhu's character than Roops', just because the former is 'caring' and 'good' and 'deserving'...

Madhu...I have nothing to say about her character because she is just plain, wallpaper boring. She brings nothing new to the show and only sticks out like a sore thumb because of the awkward way in which she addresses and acts among our canvas of characters. Her character introduction is hands down the worst of all entries in LTL till date...blame it on the writers if you will, but that doesn't change the fact that she is an inconvenient snooze fest and mannequin. When they decide to give her more substance and purpose, I'm open to see what they can possibly make of such a case of miscasting and drabness. They haven't till now though, so I'll call a spade a spade and can't pretend to imagine the supposedly amazing depth to her.

As it is, Madhu is far, far, far secondary in the list of characters who need screentime in order to develop their grief re: Dutta. If there's anyone who absolutely and unquestionably deserves it, it is Baaji Rao. So there again, I can't lobby for such a frivolous character to get footage when someone like Baaji, with the intensity and emotions that he has, is being sidelined.

And lastly, as far as the drunk-dinner scene is concerned, call me stingy in giving credit but the way I see it, MR single-handedly turned that scene to gold. He is the one who elevated Madhu's character just by association. If Dutta shared his inner-thoughts with Madhu that night, it was only because a) he was completely and entirely drunk b) she was a stranger and he didn't know her enough to evaluate the repercussions of such an admission on her. If Roops had been in her place, maybe he would have lovingly talked to her, but he never would have said all of those things because he would think it too copious to unload on his baby sister. That doesn't mean that Roops is unworthy or somehow incomplete for Dutta...it just takes into account their previous relationship. Something which Dutta and Madhu don't have.

Edited by make-believe - 22 January 2011 at 11:03am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

sikkaishasub_rosaHumaGincandescenceMrsKhanAreYaar

Elysia IF-Rockerz
Elysia
Elysia

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 11:09am | IP Logged
It's always interesting for me to see people take out the list of naively mean actions committed by Roops and pose that as a reason for why she 'deserves' or doesn't deserve something...if Dutta, a murderer, can attain redemption and a shot at beautiful things in life (Nakku), why not her? Confused Why does she suddenly become evil, irredeemable and undeserving of second chances? And clearly so when she has so many times shown that she does have a conscience. We're always game for appreciating Dutta's complexity, but can't see the layers Roops has? Confused This revelation is just alien to me...that there are more dimensions being inferred with regards to Madhu's character than Roops', just because the former is 'caring' and 'good' and 'deserving'...

In order to be redeemed, one must make the right choice and stick to it. Roops changes colors. One day, she regrets what she's done, and next she's scheeming with her sisters again. How does that make her deserving of redemption?

Yes. If she decided that she'd no longer support Kala in her evil plans and actually attempted to make up for her bad deeds, then I'd be open to her getting a chance at redeeming herself. I hope that'll happen soon.

Also, it doesn't matter that she has a conscience if she doesn't put it to good use by making the right decisions. It's like saying: "Oh, I really do hate killing kittens, it makes me feel sad, but I'll keep doing it anyway."

Edited by Elysia - 22 January 2011 at 11:11am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

*dewdrop~pearl*MrsKhan

shashi-roops Senior Member

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 11:09am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

kabeeraspeakingincandescenceAreYaar

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 11:10am | IP Logged
Originally posted by make-believe

Madhu...I have nothing to say about her character because she is just plain, wallpaper boring. She brings nothing new to the show and only sticks out like a sore thumb because of the awkward way in which she addresses and acts among our canvas of characters. Her character introduction is hands down the worst of all entries in LTL till date...blame it on the writers if you will, but that doesn't change the fact that she is an inconvenient snooze fest and mannequin. When they decide to give her more substance and purpose, I'm open to see what they can possibly make of such a case of miscasting and drabness. They haven't till now though, so I'll call a spade a spade and can't pretend to imagine the supposedly amazing depth to her.

As it is, Madhu is far, far, far secondary in the list of characters who need screentime in order to develop their grief re: Dutta. If there's anyone who absolutely and unquestionably deserves it, it is Baaji Rao. So there again, I can't lobby for such a frivolous character to get footage when someone like Baaji, with the intensity and emotions that he has, is being sidelined.

And lastly, as far as the drunk-dinner scene is concerned, call me stingy in giving credit but the way I see it, MR single-handedly turned that scene to gold. He is the one who elevated Madhu's character just by association. If Dutta shared his inner-thoughts with Madhu that night, it was only because a) he was completely and entirely drunk b) she was a stranger and he didn't know her enough to evaluate the repercussions of such an admission on her. If Roops had been in her place, maybe he would have lovingly talked to her, but he never would have said all of those things because he would think it too copious to unload on his baby sister. That doesn't mean that Roops is unworthy or somehow incomplete for Dutta...it just takes into account their previous relationship. Something which Dutta and Madhu don't have.

Excellently putClapClapClapClap Welcome to the "maybe" gangWinkLOL

Especially love what you pointed about the dinner scene.....another thing that many ppl here like to forget in being blown away by Madhu's "honesty" and "loyalty" as a character, she has NO HISTORY to speak of with Dutta.....yet she tries to act like she suddenly understands him like no other....IF....a BIG if that is, the writers had even bothered to handle Roops's redemption possibilities properly, the evolution of her relationship with Dutta had a lot of scope too.....Madhu on the other hand expects to go from 0 to 60 in under a second.....amazingLOL...

sikkaishaHumaGkabeeraspeaking

-Carrie- IF-Rockerz
-Carrie-
-Carrie-

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 11:18am | IP Logged
Why does a post about Madhu alone turns into a marathon comparison between her & Roops? The first page of this thread should be read carefully again.The discussion was about how the CVs missed the bus in building up an interesting avenue just like they missed the bus building up many other interesting avenues.Nowhere did the original thread starter or some that responded said Madhu is a good girl so deserves the best whereas Roop being evil does not deserve redemption or anything beautiful. Roop was mentioned as part of the ET.It was merely mentioned that its good for D to have atleast one genuine sister amidst three other uncaring ones. Pretty naive the way the discussion was dragged into other irrelevant areas.

Taking part with glee in every plotting of Kala which has resulted in untold misery for Dutta is "a naively mean action committed "Shocked Now this revelation is alien to me. Those were actions of a conscientous person?Acts committed against a brother by his "baby sister"? The scenes of enticing Baji were those by a girl "torn" between siblings? Saturday has turned out to be a day of "revelations" for me.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

KavitaDRPooja_219

kabeeraspeaking IF-Sizzlerz
kabeeraspeaking
kabeeraspeaking

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 11:20am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Elysia

In order to be redeemed, one must make the right choice and stick to it. Roops changes colors. One day, she regrets what she's done, and next she's scheeming with her sisters again. How does that make her deserving of redemption?

Yes. If she decided that she'd no longer support Kala in her evil plans and actually attempted to make up for her bad deeds, then I'd be open to her getting a chance at redeeming herself. I hope that'll happen soon.

The confusion and flip-floping that comes in making those right choices has been portrayed by Dutta's character too, just as Roops has Smile It is a crucial part of redemption, and above all, once again, she has been shown to have a conscience and love for Dutta at a intrinsic, child-like level, many, many times. Yes, the writers changed their mind somewhere along the road, but it still doesn't take away from the fact that she is very much still deserving of redemption. Nothing she has done so far is so vile that it cannot be justified by way of human error.

Anyways, Roops wasn't the point of your thread and everything I had to say about Madhu has already been said in my post. After reading what you have written on the previous page about finding no fault in the artificiality of Madhu's character re: bonding with everyone or wanting attention or her unwarranted and extreme enthusiasm at a time of someone's death, all I can say is that you seem to be inferring and erasing at choice. Whatever works for you Smile

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

sikkaishasub_rosaHumaGincandescenceMrsKhanAreYaar

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 11:22am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Elysia

Also, it doesn't matter that she has a conscience if she doesn't put it to good use by making the right decisions. It's like saying: "Oh, I really do hate killing kittens, it makes me feel sad, but I'll keep doing it anyway."

The evolution of conscience isn't something that is so black and white and can be taken on such a SURFACE level....

To see the potential to Roops as a character and the layers to her, one has to delve beyond the surface...her history of being under Kala's thumb, spoilt by everyone in the family.....you expect it to be so cut and dried as Roops waking up one day and declaring that she's positive and blindly loyal to Dutta and all will be sunshine and daisies?ConfusedLOL

Characters are driven by motivations and circumstances on many levels....not everyone is as single-dimensional as Madhu that they only have one purpose to their lives which they go around blatantly declaring.

When given a chance, Roops WAS being shown to repent and try to redeem herself during the DP track, but you have mentioned previously in this thread that you didn't care much for that then either since you don't find the actress competent enough, so what would NOW make you suddenly want to give Roops a chance for redemption if they even were to consider giving her that scope in the show again?

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

sikkaishaHumaGincandescencekabeeraspeaking

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 11:26am | IP Logged
Originally posted by make-believe

The confusion and flip-floping that comes in making those right choices has been portrayed by Dutta's character too, just as Roops has Smile It is a crucial part of redemption, and above all, once again, she has been shown to have a conscience and love for Dutta at a intrinsic, child-like level, many, many times. Yes, the writers changed their mind somewhere along the road, but it still doesn't take away from the fact that she is very much still deserving of redemption. Nothing she has done so far is so vile that it cannot be justified by way of human error.

WORD! The writers are currently playing around with nearly every character in this show.....hey but atleast some of them show ANIMATION beyond a single point existenceWinkTongueLOL

sikkaishakabeeraspeakingincandescence

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Laagi Tujhse Lagan Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index