India-Forums

Laagi Tujhse Lagan
Laagi Tujhse Lagan

Kindred bondage? (Page 3)

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 10:32am | IP Logged
@Elysia: So basically all your arguments about Madhu are based on that one single scene when she fed him....what about all that came before that? The way her character entered the show and overnight started planning DN's second wedding? Is there no such thing as ESTABLISHMENT of character in a GRADUAL form? That too for such a supposedly important character. Overnight she's in love with everyone and expects everyone to love her.....Maybe it's just me but that doesn't quite cut it when it comes to "caring" in my books....rushed emotions without a sense of establishment are superficial in my books. And where there is superficiality, I don't find anything to be genuine....ergo, I don't find her character to be genuine.

Secondly, your other criteria for judging Madhu is strictly based on comparing her to the evil trio? So just cuz she's not "evil" like the other three, she automatically becomes genuine? Why is this "genuineness" to her only being seen in comparison to K-L-R? Why are they the only benchmark to judge? Why not look at her character with individual standing? What does Madhu have to offer as an INDIVIDUAL among these characters in the show? Please mention something OTHER than the fact that she cares for Dutta....we've been beaten over the head with that great thought by Madhu herself announcing it 24/7.

As for your question....what makes me think that she keeps childishly demanding for Dutta's love? LOL now if only I had the time to dig through the last 3 months of episodes and find every moment when she's been running after Dutta crying "bhaiyya bhaiyya" or running after AS crying "mumma mumma".....but sadly I don't have that kind of patience....least of all to dig through to find Madhu's scenes of all ppl....if you were following the forum in those months, you would have seen plenty of posts and updates pointing out the same.

I guess you've found a wealth of depth in Madhu based on that one and only scene where the creatives bothered to try and delve a bit into her motivations and thoughts as a character....and to set the record straight, I did like that scene a lot too and wondered if maybe they will finally move in a good direction with Madhu's character but honestly they haven't....and given the fact that BEFORE and AFTER that scene, there was no movement for this character in any sense brings her back to superficial level to me....her attempts to be a bouncy "cupid" with Baaji for DN by making Nakku give Dutta breakfast....sorry that doesn't make me jump and say "Yay Madhu, you're the greatest".....if they gave her more scenes like GENUINE conversations with Dutta, maybe it would help but other than that, I don't see anything in her character.

And btw for Roops....in that moment, the storyline was at a different place.....but anyways, the general consensus in this forum does not want to consider Roops as a character from a redemption angle....redemption is only reserved for Dutta since he has a pure soul inside....Roops is a spoilt, evil brat....she doesn't deserve anything in this show.....Madhu is "genuine", "positive", "deserving" all cuz of ONE scene....hmmm

Edited by nureat01 - 22 January 2011 at 10:36am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

sub_rosaHumaGincandescencekabeeraspeaking

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 10:35am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Elysia

Originally posted by nureat01

I find it interesting that in the case of Madhu, we are expected by some ppl not to say anything about the character since it is all the "creatives's doing", but when it comes to Roops, then it's fine to say whatever cuz apparently then the "logic" of "let's only blame the creatives" doesn't seem to apply.....very interestingLOL

To be honest, I feel that the CVs gave Roops depth at one point (when she began to feel remorse for what she had done to Bhao), but the actress didn't manage to play the substantial parts in a convincing way. She didn't manage to bring across the conflicted emotions and pain that Roops must've been feeling at the memories of what she'd done.

Thus, I think, that they changed her back to being "evil".

See that depends on varying viewpoints, you seem to feel that the actress didn't play those portions of Roops convincingly.....I happen to think otherwise....I thought she did pretty well and I found her to be far more genuine in those bits than I've managed to find Madhu till date....she especially did very well in that scene when she is consoling Baaji........maybe also cuz I see far more potential in the Roops character development arc than Madhu's one-dimensional jaap of "Please accept and love me, o pyare bhaiyya".

Well the creatives seem to think the same as you, hence the thrusting of Madhu into this show.....so good for all the Madhu fans I guess.LOL

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

sub_rosaHumaGincandescencekabeeraspeaking

shashi-roops Senior Member

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 10:40am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

kabeeraspeaking

Elysia IF-Rockerz
Elysia
Elysia

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 10:42am | IP Logged
 Roops character has different shades .. some times she is positive some times negative.. even though she is shown evil ..

Indeed. She does have more than one shade to her character. But I don't find her portrayal of them all that convincing - except when she's portraying the childish, fun, or evil side of her character.

she is caring sister of Dutta ..

If she cared about him, she wouldn't want to poison his life. 

She is juggling between kala and dutta... both mean  world for her.. may be kala has taken care of her more compare to AS and Dutta has treated her like a kid.

Yes, she is juggling between Kala and Dutta. Does that justify her actions? No. No matter how hard it's been not knowing her father, no matter how conflicted she is between her siblings or how immature she can be, she does have an intellect and can think for herself - or she wouldn't have started regretting what she'd done to Dutta in the first place. She's in a difficult position. Nonetheless, she has the opportunity to make the right choice. She has decided not to.

Madhu : Some times soni singh's expressions will be very vague... difficult to tolerate her on screen...

Compared to Roops or Leela, Madhu (in my opinion) nails emotional scenes. It's not about tears streaming down her face to show her grief. In the scene with Dutta, for instance, she had tears in her eyes, but they didn't spill. Her voice shook and there was emotion in it. I'm not saying that she is perfect in every scene, but compared to Leela-Roops in emotional scenes? Madhu nails it.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

notsorry-Carrie-

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 10:46am | IP Logged

Madhu : Some times soni singh's expressions will be very vague... difficult to tolerate her on screen...

Compared to Roops or Leela, Madhu (in my opinion) nails emotional scenes. It's not about tears streaming down her face to show her grief. In the scene with Dutta, for instance, she had tears in her eyes, but they didn't spill. Her voice shook and there was emotion in it. I'm not saying that she is perfect in every scene, but compared to Leela-Roops in emotional scenes? Madhu nails it.

LOL Madhu nails those scenes?LOL Yeah we really are looking at this from DRASTICALLY different point of views since Soni Singh's acting as Madhu really seems to appeal to you while I think the complete opposite....she overacts in many scenes going extra hyper with the character

The actress playing Roops has done a pretty good job in the emotional scenes I feel.....the scene with Baaji is a classic example....no overt tears rolling down her face like you're saying....Roops is inherently a childish character so even when she's emotional or doing anything else, that character trait remains....when Madhu tries to act child-like as the "youngest sister", it just ends up looking artificial.

Edited by nureat01 - 22 January 2011 at 10:47am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

sub_rosakabeeraspeakingincandescence

shashi-roops Senior Member

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 10:47am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
Elysia IF-Rockerz
Elysia
Elysia

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 10:58am | IP Logged

@Elysia: So basically all your arguments about Madhu are based on that one single scene when she fed him....what about all that came before that? The way her character entered the show and overnight started planning DN's second wedding?

Lol. When did she plan his second wedding? LOL That was already in the works. All she did was say that she didn't get why Nakku called him Saab and AS intervened, planning to call the pandit and everything.

No, all my arguments aren't based on that one scene, but it was an essential scene regarding their relationship. In fact, it was the most essential scene between them, in my opinion.

Is there no such thing as ESTABLISHMENT of character in a GRADUAL form? That too for such a supposedly important character. Overnight she's in love with everyone and expects everyone to love her.....

That's your interpretation of her. I don't see it as her wanting everyone to love her overnight. That's a bit extreme, don't you think?

Maybe it's just me but that doesn't quite cut it when it comes to "caring" in my books....

Maybe.

Rushed emotions without a sense of establishment are superficial in my books.

How was there no sense of establishment? When Dutta found out who his real father was, there were emotions that awakened inside of him. Just like there were emotions awakening inside of him when Madhu came in and AS established the fact that she was his sister.

Secondly, your other criteria for judging Madhu is strictly based on comparing her to the evil trio? So just cuz she's not "evil" like the other three, she automatically becomes genuine?

Gosh. My conclusion is also based on her actions, like I've mentioned already Smile

Why is this "genuineness" to her only being seen in comparison to K-L-R? Why are they the only benchmark to judge? Why not look at her character with individual standing? What does Madhu have to offer as an INDIVIDUAL among these characters in the show? Please mention something OTHER than the fact that she cares for Dutta....we've been beaten over the head with that great thought by Madhu herself announcing it 24/7.

Um, how about that she's honest and respectful without having any bad intentions?

As for your question....what makes me think that she keeps childishly demanding for Dutta's love? LOL now if only I had the time to dig through the last 3 months of episodes and find every moment when she's been running after Dutta crying "bhaiyya bhaiyya" or running after AS crying "mumma mumma".....

That's an exaggeration, but okay. Let's say that she's been doing that a lot. Is that so weird? Considering the fact that she's been alone for years and now suddenly she has a whole family from which only three or four people actually want to communicate with her?

.... I don't see anything in her character.

Your loss. Well, okay, all depending on how you look at it Smile

And btw for Roops....in that moment, the storyline was at a different place.....but anyways, the general consensus in this forum does not want to consider Roops as a character from a redemption angle....redemption is only reserved for Dutta since he has a pure soul inside....Roops is a spoilt, evil brat....she doesn't deserve anything in this show.....Madhu is "genuine", "positive", "deserving" all cuz of ONE scene....hmmm
Again with this "one scene" thing. Lol. Like I said, let's just agree to disagree on this one Smile

Elysia IF-Rockerz
Elysia
Elysia

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 11:01am | IP Logged

LOL Madhu nails those scenes?LOL Yeah we really are looking at this from DRASTICALLY different point of views since Soni Singh's acting as Madhu really seems to appeal to you while I think the complete opposite....she overacts in many scenes going extra hyper with the character

The actress playing Roops has done a pretty good job in the emotional scenes I feel.....the scene with Baaji is a classic example....no overt tears rolling down her face like you're saying....Roops is inherently a childish character so even when she's emotional or doing anything else, that character trait remains....when Madhu tries to act child-like as the "youngest sister", it just ends up looking artificial.

Yes, indeed. We have different taste Smile

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Laagi Tujhse Lagan Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index