Saath Nibhaana Saathiya

India-Forums

Saath Nibhaana Saathiya
Saath Nibhaana Saathiya

Viewers of SNS just think for a while (Page 3)

Sargesh Goldie
Sargesh
Sargesh

Posted: 23 January 2011 at 3:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by loveanime

Originally posted by Sar56gesh

Originally posted by WintersBloom

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee you have said the same thing over and over, others tellyaddict, Ambrosia have answered you kindly, it's our personal choice what we watch don't force us to justify why we like it and keep on criticising our viewer choice, you go watch SGP or YRKKH and enjoy there, bas leave us alone.

yes i will if u wnt to got stcik to saazish, pardafaash, raaz khulasa, wierd expressions and specially YELLOW TEETH OF URMILA then no one can't help u

i think you are missing the basic point, who thinks when they are watching entertainment. we are thinking in school, at work, at home, even when sleeping, every time all the time your brain is working because that is life, so one gets tired only some hours in a day you can stop thinking that is when watching soap operas. every show is entertainment, that is all. i get confused and frankly more amused and little bemused when people start equating to reality and what we should learn, why it is sending the wrong message blab blab ohhhhhhhh dear lord nothing absolutely nothing should be learned from watching soaps. if you want answers to questions and problems go to your parents and friends in your life my dear don't learn from watching tv. those who do get influenced from watching tv hahaaaaa do such people really exist??? i am sorry i don't think well educated, open minded, sensible and grounded people are that easily influenced, and if one is they are probably lacking something upstairs. i know cvs do this whole promotion thingy where they say our show is all about reality, a strong person blab blab fighting for this and that, it is every person's tale it is all hogwash i tell you, it is a even bigger joke than bush trying to give a speech. basically all it is stop your brain from working for 20 mins and just watch it for purely entertainment. and why someone likes a particular show in philosophy they are all the same, only the real purist of soap world would know the difference.

I agree with u that shows r made only for entertainment not reality.
But enterainment turned to boredom when u see same things again and again. I know it is not ur 1st serial that u r watching u may have seen many of serials before also. Are u not bored with that dramas only with manipulation, scheming all times. I have seen many subdued bahus like gopi. Now its became ur mentality to remain in that old stories and lifestyle only . Can't u welcome shows containing differency from other show with new storyline.

After a long disscusion i have go throug that episodes with high trp's. What i found that cv's are just circling arround playing ringa ringa roses and presenting some HISTORICAL LEGENDS which are shown by other serials.
See how episodes are badly scripted, not even a damdaar dailogue by anybody. Koki have said thosand times to kinjal 'tu mere liye mar chuki he'.

But i admire something is there wich attracts u to watch. The way of storytelling is also something different like we have seen in serials lots of girls pregnent before marriage but not that girl who have done fake pregnency drama to get marry to her bf but getting married to another. There is so much complexity in the show. I also impressed by gopi's acting as a dumb ,by koki's and urmila's wickedness and dialogue delivery . I am totally confused abt this show. Is it good or worst one. Is this show getting popularity becoz of lead acterss and supporting cast or its concept or due to present track or due to new type of scheaming and plotting shown, or due to its slot. This show always remain a mistry for me that why it became so popular?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

SangeetaHimani

Sargesh Goldie
Sargesh
Sargesh

Posted: 23 January 2011 at 4:17pm | IP Logged
The main summary of this 1-1 pages whole disscusions is that SNS is at 1st position in TRP CHARTS
'Ye baat pet me hazam nahi ho rahi hai'

Edited by Sar56gesh - 23 January 2011 at 4:19pm

SangeetaHimani

SangeetaHimani Groupbie
SangeetaHimani
SangeetaHimani

Posted: 24 January 2011 at 2:43am | IP Logged

The main summary of this 1-1 pages whole disscusions is that SNS is at 1st position in TRP CHARTS
THere does not seem to be anycreativity in the show ... everyting is borrowed & very slow except of course Kokila, whom they have now started showing as loosing the battle.
MAy be SNS is top one b'coz there no alternative at that time slot.

Sargesh

Sargesh Goldie
Sargesh
Sargesh

Posted: 24 January 2011 at 3:26am | IP Logged
Originally posted by SangeetaHimani

THere does not seem to be anycreativity in the show ... everyting is borrowed & very slow except of course Kokila, whom they have now started showing as loosing the battle.

MAy be SNS is top one b'coz there no alternative at that time slot.

thanks for supporting me u can experss more views abt this show.
-tellyaddict- IF-Sizzlerz
-tellyaddict-
-tellyaddict-

Posted: 24 January 2011 at 4:13am | IP Logged
@Sar56gesh....

I was trying to not to put more views but ur post
"The main summary of this 1-1 pages whole disscusions is that SNS is at 1st position in TRP CHARTS
'Ye baat pet me hazam nahi ho rahi hai'"

made me to write more...

U asked on page 2 regarding changing trends on TV....so I just wanted to put some light on "changing Trend" and below is my Long Post with a definition of Changing Trends and how successful and failed they are....

Doordarshan which is the First channel on Indian Television started on September 15th, 1985 and till now Indian Tv has completed more than 25 yeras with all sort of different TV shows, with different concepts, different stories and getting different result.....

it started with shows on DD like "Hum Log", "Nukkad", "Buniyaad", "Hum Panchhi Ek Chaal Ke" and many more where each and every character was a Next Door Character for viewers, story was based on Middle Class families their Day to Day life and its small small problems, how the character dealt with those issues and how viewers related themselves with all those things....and it Became a Trend Then.....

after this there was a time when Mythological shows Ramayan, Mahabharath and Jai Shree Krishna made people watch the On Screen their Mythological Epics even when each and every indian already read and heard abt them more than 1000 times in their lives.....still they watched Ramayan with same Respect and Love...........
small example..people never let slippers inside the room where the TV set was placed at the time of Ramayan on TV.....they put Garlands on their TV set as soon as Ramayan starts.
same goes for Mahabharatha....when Lord Krishna was abt to give Geeta Ka Gyan to Arjun....each and every one listened it like first time ever in their life....
thats called Trend change.......from Relateble character to Relatable Stories...

Next comes the time when 2 shows on DD not based on Middle Class created a Presence..."Swabhimaan" and "Junoon"....
Swabhimaan....was the first show on TV which started the Trend of Scheming, plotting against family members and story based in A Bing Mansion, High Class Life Style....
Junoon....show which was based on Revenge and how two influential people were determined to take revenge.

and cant forgot to mention another BIggest show in Television history..."Shanti" which changed the Mindset of A Viewer.....when each and every viewer was related themself with Shanti's and her Mom's character and wanted both of them to get "Insaaf" as soon as possible.....and still i think Shanti was the Trend setter when it comes to A Show based on Social issues.......

till this time Cable Tv Channels were not in a big position...but then there was a time when shows like
 "Koshish - Ek Aasha"--story of a lady how she deals with a Husband who is not perfect and mentally challenged personality......

"Kyunki Saas bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi"....A Story of Joint family and  One Lady Tulsi is Axis of the family and how she manages to deal with each and every problem of the family...but again a show based on Rich Family, who has all the Facilities, big Cars, big business.

Again a change in trend......

"Kasuati - Zindagi Ki" one more show which changed the trend...as it was the first Huge Show based on "2 Lovers and how their life moves"

Cant forget to mention few more shows:
Kusum, Kaisa Yeh Pyaar Hai, Kahi To Hoga and many more.

And after than there was a time of Reality Shows like KBC, Sawaal Das Crore Ka,
and specially Singing and Dance Reality shows.......and this again enough to prove the change in trend and the taste of Indian viewers.
But trend setter for Singing Competion will always Remain "Meri Aawaz Suno" where we got Sunidhi Chauhan as the winner of it.
for Dance Reality Show...Trend Stter will always be "Boogie Woogie"

Now the "2008" show u mentioned......u need not to tell the name and I got it just by the way u described it....
and believe me that show is still A Trend Setter in TV shows...i never watched it bit when I got to watch it with my Room mates I was so impressed with the Different treatment to the story and how "Day to Day problems are shown in A Really Relate able Way"

After this a Show called "Chhoti Bahu" was again a trendsetter which was based on A Love Story of 2 individuals and also how their love story is so close two "Radha- Krishna (all time eternal lovers of indian mythology" and also this show proved that no time slot is bigger than the solid story and Impressive Screenplay as 07:30 PM time slot was hit coz of it only.

Then comes "Aapki Antra" another Hit Show of the channel which became scapegoat of channel's hunger for high TRP....this shows success proved "Trend Depends on how to Place the Story in front of viewers, and how viewers will like i"
Antra is one of my All Time fave show.....as every time the small girl was in trouble I cried like a small kid.

And now comes SNS.....
now i dont think i need to tell what Trend Change means to a Indian Viewer...its all about how u relate urself with what is shown on TV thats it..........
SNS is different coz of Different Treatment to the character of "A Saas - Kokila"
no one ever saw A Saas like her on TV before......she is strict but caring, she is harsh but loving, she scolds her DIL but for her well being as she wants her to not to be a Puppet of her Maami and cousin.

Gopi as a character....which is as naive as a cow and still there are many girls in india who can relate themself with her and wants her to get all happiness in life.

Rashi another character which gives u a funny feeling whenever u watch her on screen, even when she is plots and schemes against Gopi we know the plan will gonna backfire and increases our sympathy towards Gopi.

Aham's character very real being Momma's boy, A business man and how he is still thinks of his mom before than anyother thing in his life.

So in short What Trend means is:
how Production houses are ready to take risk of showing something different on TV and how Viewers accepts it. If viewers accept then "It becomes a Trend Setter" and if they dont then "show called to be a Failure"
and thats y SNS is a trend setter at 07:00 PM as people are in love watching this show.....for Koki, Gopi, Aham, Rashi, Kinjal and the day they will get bore SNS will be closed w/o any second thought....and some other show will take its "title of TRP Leader at 07:00 PM time slot"

Also u asked "whether people will watch another show with the same story as we are watching right now"
Then my answer will be...It Depends on the Hold of our current show on us.If new show will have something different to offer alongwith the Same Concept then whats wrong in giving it a chance and if we will not relate in future we cam stop watching it at any moment, no one GONNA Ask "why we started a show and why we stopped now"

Hope u got ur answer.....again sorry for long post but I could not resist myself putting "Definition of Trend and Trend Change"

Edited by -tellyaddict- - 24 January 2011 at 4:45am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

LoveMJsimran15

Sargesh Goldie
Sargesh
Sargesh

Posted: 24 January 2011 at 5:07am | IP Logged
Thank god i got someone keen observer and analyser of tv shows. What u wrote is totally true. The trend setter in 2008 was none other than Balika Vadhu.
This show gave the way to rural backdrop and social issue based serials. With great actors and great screen presence i proudly refer it to 'Quality Show' . The storyline is like we are flowing in a river. The dailogue are just touched the heart. We can see jhalak of this in most of the serials of today . Its formulas are used in them may be rural backdrop, and Daadisa typed characters, child lead actors.

U forgot BIDAAI also a trend setter of introducing concept of Two main leads which ur mahaan serial saathiya also follows.

By seeing this show i feel like serial of 10 years ago. Kokila's character is different but what abt others see parag, chirag, jigar etc they used their mouths shut and reminding the atmosphere of balaji serials.

But ur serial is not overall bad it can be affordable for timepass but you don't expect best actor or actress award to main lead and any other supporting actress
except best vamp as urmila or kokila becoz their acting as a vamp is far more better than gopi or ahem
-tellyaddict- IF-Sizzlerz
-tellyaddict-
-tellyaddict-

Posted: 24 January 2011 at 6:52am | IP Logged
@Sar56gesh....

M not just a keen obseever of TV shows....m Crazy for TV shows and can talk abt them w/o thinking abt time......

and It seems like u got the Meaning of Trend and Trend Setter....
regarding Bidaai...I dint forget it...i just dint mention it and many other shows just to know whether u have any other in ur list.....but u came up with "only one" i.e. Bidaai.

I dint mention:
Pavitra Rishta: coz it was the first show which was a Hindi Version of A Super Hit Other Language Show, and the trend was followed by Many Other shows these days.

Uttaran: where the show was a Adapated by a Novel and was Hit in "TRPs".

Na aana Is Des Laado: First show in TV with A Strong Female Charcater in Negative Way, also he show was based on "Girl Child's Death"

Mohe Rang De: first show on TV with Patriosm at Prime Time (on DD we had Yug a show but it was only in afternoon slot)

So in these terms Bidaai was trend setter only in one term as It was An Adaptation of A Movie on TV. Parallel leads were already shown in "Kalash, and Kabhi Sautan Kabhi Saheli"

And MY MAHAAN SNS is not just following Bidaai, its a Good Mixture of many other Show on TV, including uttaran.

Regarding awards, do u think any production house starts any show is ONLY FOR AWARDS.....I dont think so. As they start a show for Financial Profit which comes through high TRPs on a time slot.. and awards are just additional bonus and gives them recognition. and if Awards should be the Only Criteria of a "Good Show" then not more than 5 serials should be On Air.....which got awards.

And if A Channel, Production House dont keep Awards As the "Aim" to starts a show then how can we think of only awards instead of watching a show, admiring its chemistry, loving its small small moments........it will be waste of time just keep thinking abt Awards and other useless stuff instead of Story.......

SNS specific.....
U can say SNS is just affordable and time pass as u never see such similar characters in ur life (here comes how a viewer can relate to the show) but for us its something very real and near to our lives....so u cant question its "Entertainment Factor" which is high on the scale for us while almost 0 for u. and still see the impact of the "Time Pass show on u" that u are here discussing all the aspects of SNS isn't it more than enough to Prove Its Hold on viewers Negative or Positive.

"There is a saying in hindi: Badnaam Huye To Kya Naam Na Hua"

So SNS is impacting u in this way while for us its our only Show to watch on TV.

U feel like 10 years ago while watching show...may be u are too modern to or to small to understand a Life after marriage in such big house.......that too of a gal who "was an orphan, bullied by her cousin, a puppet of her Maami's hand" for us this show is abt "A Story of A Normal Middle Class Girl who did not get anything in her life till marriage and how she is able to get everything later"

regarding acting.........Only "Kokila" rocks SNS....no second thought in it.
As I love watching Kokila and all other viewers too which is As clear as a crystal with the TRPs of every week....and if CVs are getting TRPs more than anyother show with a Lot of active characters then whats proved Again SNS has something which makes it better than other shows.

Edited by -tellyaddict- - 24 January 2011 at 7:23am
MARHABAA Senior Member
MARHABAA
MARHABAA

Posted: 24 January 2011 at 6:56am | IP Logged
LOL is amazing for someone who thinks the whole serial is a waste of time to then sooo much time discussing it !
Like I said before ITS ONLY ENTERTAINMENT ,its not rocket science thats difficult to cope withWink .
If you dont like it switch over or switch off ..at the end of the day there is no accounting for the public taste of the viewing masses 

Enjoy !

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

saomom-tellyaddict-

Go to top