Daarji's Redemption? Really?

Posted: 13 years ago
Geet missed her family on her wedding. Very natural. My heart goes out for her.

So, Maan decides to bring Geet's family back for her wedding. Very sweet of him.

But dear CVs. You had to get Daarji back of all people! 

Daarji is worse than Brij. Brij is young and hot blooded. He is misguided by the elders like Daarji himself. Daar ji was the experienced, mature patriarch of the family. And yet, he was the one who condoned the acts like honour killing. He was the one who used to give those atrocious punishments to Geet. Canning and putting burning coal on her hands. He was the one who wasn't even going to let her father have her body for shraaddh, when they thought she was dead.

Morally Daarji is a bigger villain than Brij.  Legally he should have been a co-accused in Geet's case against Brij.

For those, who haven't seen the earlier episode, here is a quick overview of Daarji's atrocities and faults

Not allowing her father to verify the background of Dev and his family - http://www.startv.in/video/?9_3_Mahinder's-worry

Blames Geet for Dev's desertion even before her father could comfort her - http://www.startv.in/video/?20_4_Geet-is-questioned

Punishment with burning coal - http://www.startv.in/video/?27_2_Darjee's-punishment (Handa khaandaan ki izzat ke saamne teri zindagi bhi koi maayne nahin rakhti)

And now he comes, drops a few tears, I-am-sorry-Puttar and he gets the right to do Geet's kanyadaan. ðŸ˜¡ Maan touches his feet? Really? Blah!

This Daarji track is disappointing in other ways too. It takes the cliched route of Indian telly-world. The family members will do all kinds of atrocities against the protagonist and yet keep coming back in the fold with a "we-are-a-family-afterall" ka emotional blackmail. Doing such things takes the zing out of a story like GHSP, which had taken bold approach to things in past.

--

Yes, I understand that Geet needed her family. And getting her family back would be a good touch. But then get her parents! They were spineless and did not protect their child. I hold it against them. But at least they were shown helpless and were not criminal towards her. If the actors were not available, change the actors.

But Daarji to emotionally support Geet and do her kanyadaan. He doesn't have the f****** right!! ðŸ˜¡

I am disappointed, really disappointed.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shweta13 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
I completely agree to tis but the point depicted here is , He was the rrot cause of all Geet's torture and if he is in place , other thigs will fall in place too, her parents never had courage to go against him , so Maan has appraoched to such a person who wil change the seed and sow the new1.

Anys we always tend to forgive elders for their mistakes once they come with their love and blessings.

Infact i also agreed to Nandita's post that this should be riht given to Adi or Manchanda or dadi but at this hour geet misses her family and the eldest id Dharji who can only take a U turn in the family.
@Shweta - I guess I am a lone wolf here ðŸ˜†

Yes - I know we forgive elders, but for what kinds of mistakes? I would forgive an elder, if the mistake was on division of property, if the mistake was that he was opposed to inter-caste or inter-religious marriage and hence coming in the way of her grand-daughter's happiness and other such things.

But a mistake of attempt to murder!! No way. Old age only makes you more guilty, not less. I don't think the CVs are giving out the right message at all with this!
smrite thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
i don't know if darji really regretting his decision or not time will tell
Originally posted by: smrite

i don't know if darji really regretting his decision or not time will tell

SBB showed him apololgizing. FB pics have him embracing Maan-Geet.

But I hope he has just come to get Brij out and is pretending. That would be more suitable for his character.
KhatamKahani thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
I agree with you completely.  I had made a post on this yesterday. But the main complaint on the board was Arjun/Annie, so it only generated a few responses.  I was kind of surprised that more people weren't as offended by the Darji factor as I was.  

Darji's "redemption" is as bad, if not worse.  I was disgusted when I saw the pic of Maan with folded hands before Darji, and the pic of Darji hugging them.  Anyone else in her family could have come, but not him.  Either they show them sneaking away from him, having the guts to finally stand up to him, or the loser is too weak (or dead) to do anything anymore.

He ordered Brij to do everything he did.  Brij was always shown as listening and respecting Darji.  He was the one who ordered Geet to put charcoal even before the marriage.  He was the one who knew Geet wasn't dead and ordered Brij to finish the job.

Who is the reason behind of all Brij's "khandaan ki izzat?"  Why did the police officer tell Darji that he would question Darji as well, later.  Because everyone knew Darji was behind the whole thing.  I understand his not being in jail, as there's not direct proof, and Brij is not going to rat anyone out.  

But Darji is also responsible.  I don't see how he can be forgiven, if Brij can't.  I know Geet has mentioned Darji before while mentioning her family.  But why in the hell would Maan even think of bringing Darji. Bring her parents, aunt and unce or siblings.

And now, I'm supposed to smile and be happy with this guy coming in and repenting.  And all is fine?  No.  He knew exactly what the consequences of his actions would be.

People bring up Dev and his repentance as an example. Well other than the fact that I still think he should be punished, Dev is never going to be forgiven by Maan or Geet.  Never.  And in terms of outright knowing what the concequences would be for Geet, Dev was too much of a dumbass and loser to ever actually think about it.  

Dev did his con, thought of how it would help him.  Slept with her in the moment (which still doesn't make it right).  He didn't have the direct knowledge of his how his actions would affect Geet.  He was too self absorbed to even think about it.

But what about Darji.  He knew exactly what his orders were. He knew exactly what the end result for Geet would be--her death.

Who in the hell thought of this GRAND idea of Darji's acceptance?  It sickens me. So much that I couldn't watch the episode yesterday, and I really don't know how I can get myself to watch today's either.  

This sickens me even more so than what they seem to have done with Arjun's character.
Edited by likarsh - 13 years ago
br200910 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Daaaaaaaarrrrji..............???????????????😕

Patha nahi kya karenge............. NATAK---YA..Sach mrn Sudhar Gaye...???😕

Very well said likarsh.

In fact as I think more about it, I find that he not only destroyed Geet's life, but also Brij's. Brij is young and is going to be in jail for his crimes. And who gave him the upbringing that makes him think that he is right in killing girls? Daarji, of course!

Dev's redemption is also not acceptable. Thankfully there at least Maan and Geet have not been shown to have forgiven him. So, I hope CVs will come back to his punishment sometime in future.

Daarji's story is such a bad depiction - I don't even know what to call it. Unfortunately. audience is also mostly giving in to the emotional blackmail CVs are throwing their way.
KhatamKahani thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sharmishtha01

Very well said likarsh.

In fact as I think more about it, I find that he not only destroyed Geet's life, but also Brij's. Brij is young and is going to be in jail for his crimes. And who gave him the upbringing that makes him think that he is right in killing girls? Daarji, of course!

Dev's redemption is also not acceptable. Thankfully there at least Maan and Geet have not been shown to have forgiven him. So, I hope CVs will come back to his punishment sometime in future.

Daarji's story is such a bad depiction - I don't even know what to call it. Unfortunately. audience is also mostly giving in to the emotional blackmail CVs are throwing their way.

If I'm not wrong, Darji was also well aware of Brij killing Channi, right?  The rest of the family didn't want to believe it and were surprised at the allegation, and when Brij finally admitted to it.  But not Darji.

And yes that the audience is giving into it.  I can't even begin to wrap my head around this.  I just can't.  I also can't believe that this isn't getting that much of an outcry at all.

I have never been so disappointed and utterly disgusted with this show.  Sickening.  People want to talk about Arjun and Annie ruining the show?  This has ruined it for me.  

I don't even know how I can watch Manneet wedding, according to what I'm reading.  WHY?  

Will Darji go and confess or turn himself in?  Like I said in my post above, the cop said he would question Darji later.  The only reason he is free is because there's no direct evidence against him. And Brij won't rat anyone out.

So is Darji ready to confess to a person of authority?  Is Darji going to take some blame and responsibility for Brij?  Since he's now "repented" will Darji go and try to make his beloved grandson see the light?

Maan goes to Darji?  Why?  Why didn't he try to contact her parents, instead.  If they were too scared of Darji, then I don't know.  Convince them to defy him or something. It shouldn't be that hard.  Their daughter is now being married to a rich business tycoon.  And besides Darji has lost his standing and power.  There is not much reason to be afraid of him.

Edit. I'm not blaming Maan. Rather I'm blaming the CVs to have Maan even think of going to and bringing Darji.
Edited by likarsh - 13 years ago
abina03 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
 I have the same doubt. if daarji   came  out of guilt  why he didn't  bring other family members? geet's  father loves her &even helped her to escape from HP&provide shelter in delhi.such mein daal  mein  kuch  kaala he.may be cvs  saved money??????????? lets wait& see. I  so  happy today finally  Maaneet tied the  knot. lets celebrate