DID Doubles Mazaa!!! - Page 2

Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by akanna

@Nishi -- Good to see you here! I also agree with ya regarding eliminations.. At times I cant help to wonder why not keep all of them until the finale, and then give each a score every week based on their performances, and then add it all up to the end, and then pick the one with the highest score - that way the most hard worked contestant will win.. Of course then Zee wont be able to make money from SMS votes!

Akanna di, So agree with you. My heart breaks when I see someone go. But it's so good to hear from you. I am still the same, didn't change at all, LOVE DANCING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!πŸ˜›πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜›

Nishi Prajapati

Originally posted by akanna

I created this thread in the old DID forum a couple of weeks back. So moving it to here, since the creation of this new forum was never announced there. Thank you mihir for letting me know! πŸ˜ƒ

Well, so far DID Doubles seems to be quite good.. Of course Zee has to maintain the standards of their reputed show.. Both Marzi and Rajeev appear to be superb dancers and choreographers!! Cant wait to see more works from them! And Geeta will be showcasing more from her stock because she will be having a tough competition with them!! Though the solo acts will be missed, I am still looking forward to the duo acts!! Marzi is already reminding me so much of Terence and his dance style!! Rajeev's style is kinda similar to Remo, but I feel Rajeev would bring a lot of newer styles to the show... I have to pick my favs after watching them for a few weeks first.. Right now, all seem to be at the same level.. Some of them have stood out in the auditions, hopefully they will keep their levels up...

What do ya'll say?? πŸ˜ƒ

Akku,

DIDD doesn't interest me as much although I do watch it as and when - too many to catch up with JDJ, CDD  all going on at the same time.  It is a nice variety for the viewerπŸ˜‰πŸ˜³

Seems like ur fave Jai is back on DIDD with Rajiv after JDJ.

All three mentors have strong dance contestants - it is a matter of finesse and choreography now.
That 'x' factor 'magic' which was created in the past seasons with dance is still missing.....

I skipped last week's.....somehow the magic is missing..DID's rating has dropped...I don't really look forward to any Jodi or participant's performance.....upar se GM's crap conversation... the jodi concept has put a limitation to some good dancers...Edited by Pradarshak - 13 years ago
Originally posted by TerenceKiToli12

Akanna di, So agree with you. My heart breaks when I see someone go. But it's so good to hear from you. I am still the same, didn't change at all, LOVE DANCING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!πŸ˜›πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜›
Nishi Prajapati

It was even worse to see eliminations on DID-LM show... They shouldnt have done that to little kids, but should have kept them till the end and the winner should have been selected based on the weightage of total score and votes...

Keep dancing Nishi, it's good for ya... Hope to see you come on the show soon... πŸ˜ƒ
Originally posted by SunBright

Akku,

DIDD doesn't interest me as much although I do watch it as and when - too many to catch up with JDJ, CDD  all going on at the same time.  It is a nice variety for the viewerπŸ˜‰πŸ˜³

Seems like ur fave Jai is back on DIDD with Rajiv after JDJ.

All three mentors have strong dance contestants - it is a matter of finesse and choreography now.
That 'x' factor 'magic' which was created in the past seasons with dance is still missing..... 

SB, so happy to see ya here! πŸ€—

Yes, I agree with ya.. The audition rounds and the initial weeks of DID-D were much more interesting for me, and I thought my interest will only grow... Because at the time I felt CDD was boring because they were showing the audition rounds.. But now I feel it's the other way - CDD acts are really good when DID-D ones have become repetitions of DID1 and DID2... And the worse thing is that I couldnt choose any of the pairs as my favs yet.. I like a few of them, but cannot call them my favs yet... Then some I liked first are not in my like list now!

Anyway I hope Jai will bring some spark into the show.. Totally agree with ya regarding finesse and choreography - exactly what I wanted to say too.. They are giving the wrong choreography to the wrong pair.. And I dont like too much sensuality in the acts - emotions are good when they are just emoted well through expressions and dance steps, but dont have to wear revealing clothes and expose everything... Plus some of the steps kinda cross the limit - the way the legs and hands are wrapped around the partner conveys different meanings... That's how item numbers look different in movies against the usual romantic duets...

Of course the 'x' factor magic is definitely missing!! That's why we feel some of the acts as repetitive and boring... But the "magician" is missing too!!! πŸ˜‰
Originally posted by Pradarshak

I skipped last week's.....somehow the magic is missing..DID's rating has dropped...I don't really look forward to any Jodi or participant's performance.....upar se GM's crap conversation... the jodi concept has put a limitation to some good dancers...

I havent skipped any so far, but the excitement of watching the repeat of each episode is long gone for me! Just watch once and dont mind getting up and walking away even when the dances are going on - it has come to that level now.. Before I used to glue my eyes on to the screen and didnt miss the two repeats of each episode..

Rating -- well, some people here are saying something different about it! LOL.. I really dont look at the numbers that are being published, but by going with the WOM or observing the general stats of viewers, I also felt the rating is going down.. The show started off with a bang though, and I loved the first couple of weeks... The magic is definitely missing, no doubt about it!! Though they talk about good chemistry between the partners, I dont see real chemistry among most of the pairs... And the pairing is also odd, usually one partner is too weak when compared to the other and that makes the stronger dancer to perform poorly.. Sad...

GM -- LOL... I dont know why he targets Jay and make him look like a fool.. It didnt work with Manish, so poor Jay looks victimised to me... And I dont like Shweta much!
I still could not connect to this show. I will wait for voting round.
Originally posted by Pradarshak

I skipped last week's.....somehow the magic is missing..DID's rating has dropped...I don't really look forward to any Jodi or participant's performance.....upar se GM's crap conversation... the jodi concept has put a limitation to some good dancers...
Same with me, I missed the last week too. Not able to connect to the show at all. Jodi concept is not apealing me, Kawwa chala hans ki chaal apni chaal bhool gaya. In JDJ, there is reason to have Jodi(celeb + dancer).
Its not easy to adapt to change. This is triple change to adapt to -  masters + concept + host. I'm finding it hard to connect to the show like I used to. I know that all three masters are doing their best, quality is high, show is competitive. But for me personally, the magic is missing. Maybe I will grow used to it later.
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Its not easy to adapt to change. This is triple change to adapt to -  masters + concept + host. I'm finding it hard to connect to the show like I used to. I know that all three masters are doing their best, quality is high, show is competitive. But for me personally, the magic is missing. Maybe I will grow used to it later.
Those magic were, Soumya, Remo and Terrence. Zee could retain the worst mentor from previous years. Marzi and Rajiv are good. Behavior and acting of contestants from bench also piss me off. Only positive left from last years is Jay.  Some people talk about ratings, I am sure rating will go down every week, already trend is showing.Edited by HakkaBakka - 13 years ago