Karan on stage! -indya.com

Armu4eva Coolbie
Armu4eva
Armu4eva

** Super Coolbie **

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 10:23pm | IP Logged
Telly actors get on the stage.
Buzz up!

TV actors Ashiesh Roy, Shweta Gulati and Karan Mehra were part of the cast of the play Wife Time Trouble of which a special show was held at the annual National Defense Academy entertainment fest, Pune. It was the debut stage performance for Shweta Gulati who currently stars in Gilli Gilli Gappa on SAB TV.

She replaced Barka Bisht who played the role originally but could not be part of this performance as she was in Kolkata. We speak to Asheish Roy who reveals that he had to give up being a part of the reality show Zor Ka Jhatka hosted by Shah Rukh Khan to be a part of this play.

Ashiesh reveals "I had signed Zor Ka Jhatka but had to back out because I would not be able to make it in time for the play. People say I am crazy to give up a sow that is being hosted by Shah Rukh Khan and shot in Argentina; it would have been my first reality show. The play was a prior commitment and plus the show was for the defense forces so I did not think twice. We enjoy the luxury of doing reality shows because of the jawans on our border. My colleagues and me are planning to do another show at the NDA in March".

Speaking about the play Asheish says "The story is about lack of communication between couples after marriage and also lack of tolerance. The message is highlighted through a divorced couple who comes back together. It is a serious message but told in a light hearted and entertaining way. It is filled with tongue-in-cheek humour".

Ashiesh who himself is busy with his TV show Mrs and Mr Sharma Allahbadwale, is all praise for co-actors Shweta Gulati and Karan Mehra. He says " I know Shweta well because we have done two TV shows together. We prepared the play in 6 days and Shweta and Karan would attend the rehearsals after completing the shooting of Gilli Gilli Gappa and Behenein respectively. We drove down to Pune for the show and were completely fatigued but still managed to put up the performance in front of 2000 cadets after which we received a standing ovation".

The actor also shares a funny incident "Some of the cadets were punished for laughing too loudly. I was surprised to hear about this but I was told that they have to control themselves and maintain discipline. It fills you heart with pride when cadets enjoy your performance, this feeling beats the TRP's of TV".

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

..Akaisha.._Divya_

JAYA_09 IF-Rockerz
JAYA_09
JAYA_09

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 10:36pm | IP Logged
i think he is behenein karan mehra he is not yrkkh karan mehra.
Armu4eva Coolbie
Armu4eva
Armu4eva

** Super Coolbie **

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 10:37pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by JAYA_09

Erm...dunno... nothings specified in the article Confused
Tafseer IF-Sizzlerz
Tafseer
Tafseer

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 11:38pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by JAYA_09

haan its not Naitik aka Karan Mehra....
this article says about Karan Mehra of behnein......
Rachu.m Goldie
Rachu.m
Rachu.m

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 12:02am | IP Logged
Ya even i think it's not naitik but anyways thanks for sharing
..Akaisha.. IF-Sizzlerz
..Akaisha..
..Akaisha..

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 12:50am | IP Logged
thanks for sharing..!

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top