India-Forums

Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee
Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

Khurana Khandaan ki izzat goes to get oil

surenkal Goldie
surenkal
surenkal

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 9:08pm | IP Logged

So what are you telling us? That they only way guys play revenge-revenge is by screwing their rival's sister. It all boils down to "khandaan ki izzat" , "purity of the woman" and all that crap. The woman is just pawn in this "the keeper of the izzat" business and one wrong move by her and all the "maan-samaan" of the family comes crashing down.CRAP that we have feeding our women for centuries and keeping the supressed. IZZAT come from good deeds not all this.

So big deal if Arjun slept with Annie—what are you going to show now---that the Khuranas are like Handas and will be upset and berate Annie because she gets pregnant and that they will be ashamed of her. Then how will they be better than the Handas…?

If you don't show that then this whole consummation between Annie and Arjun is meaningless. Mann has to get angry and feel that his khandaan's name has been blackened, else this track makes no sense. So Mann's character is going down the toilet too. He can be magnanimous when bad things happens to Geet because then he gets to play the knight in the shinning armour, but when it happens to Annie, he will only get to play big brother and then he will froth in the mouth.

Oh yes I forgot, maybe Mann is a little better than Brij Handa because he will not go after Annie with a Sword. Instead he will then play revenge-revenge with Arjun for "playing with his Khandaan ki izzat". Women are out of the equation and the show becomes all about the boys and their power games.

And of course you guys at the channel will not have the guts to show that Annie will abort her baby—a baby that is made not out of love but revenge that a SICKO decided to use her for. That is what sensible people would do rather than show that a 18-year-old unmarried girl with no means to support herself wanting to keep the baby.

Or else you will now show that Geet looses her baby and Annie has the baby and the baby is given to Geet—stupid clichd plot.

So once again this show is not about WOMAN POWER but about patriarchal society and how it views women and how it limits them. DISGUSTING.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

serialwatcher16jasraj123blackb28

priyachand IF-Rockerz
priyachand
priyachand

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 9:43pm | IP Logged
completely agree with ur views! such an outdated idea! i don't know n which age these writers are living! after showing a progressive heroine who fights for her identity, baby, we are shown a parallel track which is very ridiculous. They could have made revenge much more interesting than resorting to old fashioned filmi drama.

first of all Annie becoming pregnant at the first instance itself is unbelievable! (already we have Geet story like that, movies always says dis) i sincerely hope dey don't show such scenes bet AA to torture us!
Next Annie s not geet, she is so modern n today's girl. so what's stopping her from aborting her baby! Or is she going to become a crybaby n run to her loving bro?
we can't even sympathize with annie chr aftr d way she acts n her bro's wedding. i cannot see any sis missing her bro's rituals for making out wit a guy u just met few days back. one must be so desperate!
i thought Geet s different kind of serial. why do they have to resort to such cliched revenge idea? Arjun chr is completely wasted, aftr all d principles he was sprouting he ends us like a third rate villain.
and the worst was watching these scenes bet Manneet scenes (which are d only ones worth seeing)

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

pippa

Pramila.harish Goldie
Pramila.harish
Pramila.harish

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 11:12pm | IP Logged
I was just thinking if CV's could show us that once Anni comes to know the intention of Arjun, she should revert back to him (considering fact that Anni's thinking is modern way).  I wish she could teach Arjun, woman cannot be targeted, to fulfill the men's need and they could show us some glimpse of MSK's character in Anni being his sister. But I don't think CV's would do that, otherwise how they will drag story??.  We have already watched 9 months and went through pain of woman being ditched in Geet's character, now one more........ can't bear it.

pippa IF-Rockerz
pippa
pippa

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 12:04am | IP Logged
You've made some very valid points. I don't hold much hope for the future storyline but let's see if they are going to show Annie pregnant.

Arjun's plan is to bankrupt Maan right? So, he's likely to marry annie and get her share of the shares and then bankrupt maan thru his business.

What you said about it being more about Man Power and less about Woman power is bang on!

Once Geet decided to keep the baby....the reason for which I'm still searching....she really didn't have to do much to look after herslf. Once Maan arrived on the scene, she let him take over. Eg of Man Power.

He accepts her with baby and all. Eg of Man Power

He marries her and looks after them  Eg Man Power.
He even convince Darji to come. Eg Man Power
Arjun uses Annie. Eg Man Power
Arjun tries to ruin Maan via Annie. Eg Man Power
Oh yes, Maan saves Geet from EVERY situation. Eg Man Power.
He even has to decide who is to live Geet or the baby. Eg Man Power.
The izzat of his women can be protected by him. Eg Man Power.

So why on earth are the writers touting the nonsense about it being a story about how a woman takes her destiny into her own hands and fights for her right thru thick and thin?Angry

Edited by pippa - 22 January 2011 at 12:05am
nandinivarma1 Senior Member
nandinivarma1
nandinivarma1

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 2:42am | IP Logged
Originally posted by pippa

You've made some very valid points. I don't hold much hope for the future storyline but let's see if they are going to show Annie pregnant.

Arjun's plan is to bankrupt Maan right? So, he's likely to marry annie and get her share of the shares and then bankrupt maan thru his business.

What you said about it being more about Man Power and less about Woman power is bang on!

Once Geet decided to keep the baby....the reason for which I'm still searching....she really didn't have to do much to look after herslf. Once Maan arrived on the scene, she let him take over. Eg of Man Power.

He accepts her with baby and all. Eg of Man Power

He marries her and looks after them  Eg Man Power.
He even convince Darji to come. Eg Man Power
Arjun uses Annie. Eg Man Power
Arjun tries to ruin Maan via Annie. Eg Man Power
Oh yes, Maan saves Geet from EVERY situation. Eg Man Power.
He even has to decide who is to live Geet or the baby. Eg Man Power.
The izzat of his women can be protected by him. Eg Man Power.

So why on earth are the writers touting the nonsense about it being a story about how a woman takes her destiny into her own hands and fights for her right thru thick and thin?Angry

u meant maan power most of the time, didnt u???okay jokes apart...i think the cvs r going to show a showdown bet maan and anne...i felt it coming during the scene when maan blames arjun for bringing brij into the house and the way anne looked at maan and apologized later to arjun..so definitely if any abortion idea comes up she will ask her bro, if it is ur love, u can stand by her, but i cannot do the same thing...i think arjun might blackmail maan into handing over his business to him if he wants anne's kid to have a father etc...but these r all the scenes of so many third rated movies, am just wondering why the cvs of geet have to resort to all these...there r so many other tracks to take the story logically forward....but just keeping fingers crossed so that no MU happens bet maan and geet bcoz of this despo anne...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

pippa

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top