Sensational South

Peep In - Your Suggestions Required!

Aahaana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 13 years ago

Hey friends ⭐️,

How are you doing allπŸ€—?  Hope everyone had a good Pongal/ Makar Sankranti πŸ₯³! 

Well, as you may have observed, we have tried to impliment various activities in the forum via MOTW, GOTW and DOTW to boost up the section activity. The forum is fairing well with regards to the activity, however, we feel that we could attempt various more things to boost the activity further.  The DTs (Radha and I) have planned a few big events planned for the section (few surprises are on its way for you all). 

We have four regional cinema industries under one roof, and our ultimate goal is to have our members following the different cinema industries to mingle with each other πŸ₯³.  Due to the language barrier, it is understandable that one tends to mingle in particular industries.

In the meantime, we wanted to get suggestions from our members as to what sort of activities they would like to have on our forum?  May we request you guys to provide suggestions/ideas/feedback as ways to increase members activity and masti.

We also considering moving the section to the homepage, so it can easily be accessed and also be noticed by many others who are not aware of the existance of our sensational south section. 

Last bu not the least, we have thought about having a News Letter in our forum on a weekly basis, and would like your opinion on this as well πŸ˜ƒ; so here is a tentative plan for the news letter, and we would really appreciate to get your feed back on this:

Sensational South News Letter

~Banner of the Week~
Request members to make banners (500 px by 150 px) and send them in
~Gossip Corner~
 Just few lines on the latest happenings in each industry (the hot and happening) 
~Movie Releases of the Week~
Briefly mention the names of the movies that are being released in that particular week, along with the hyperlinks to the threads dedicated to the movies in our forum

~Sensational South Activity~
A list of activites taking place in the forum for that particular week  
~Members Pick~
Movie of the Week - Well discussed movie in the forum for that particular week
Song of the Week - most liked song in the forum based fromthe  music thread
Scene of the Week
Comedy of the Week

~Development Teams Pick~
Member of the Week
Comment of the Week

So friends, hope all of you will help us to make our forum more lively and a funplace to be on πŸ˜Ž.

Regards,

Aahaana and MP_Radha

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ammoos thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

I love the Song of the Week idea.. πŸ‘πŸΌ

But Movie of the week will always be from Telegu or Tamil no.. Where are the mallus.. plz come outπŸ₯Ί
kavya.b thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
this is very interesting.....how abt voting for movie/song of the week in some pre-NL thread n may the same thing for scene n comedy of the week...all in the same thread
premeer thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Awesome ideas....liked them all...
While posting song or scene if we get translation or a brief description of what's going on....it would be easy to follow...this would overcome language barrier too..
isomers thumbnail
^^ I would like that. I'm not even perfect with my telugu, let alone a language I don't know.πŸ˜†

I love the new ideas! especially the song of the week!
Maybe we can have like special actor/actress of the week and do like a small cover up on them? We can alternate between the regions..(:
Edited by -Nitya- - 13 years ago
sand14 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
This is damn cool! I like the song of the week too, and yes we definitely need some sorta translations to help us know the song better.. a short translation will do.. and maybe provide more details on the song (same for movie)... Comment of the week is good, encourages more people to participate and comment... Star of the week is good too, we can get to know more about stars we dunno, like for me, i wanna know more abt telugu ones... πŸ‘πŸΌ
muffins2waffles thumbnail
Ohh brilliant ideas. But changing everything every week is hard, so how about we do every fortnight? (2 weeks) That way people could enjoy it longer.  I would love to do everything up there, but I have a few questions and suggestions if it's okay (:

For the Banner of the Week, we can maybe have a sign up sheet so people sign up for who makes the banner for that time period?

Also, we should alternate between the languages so no language is left out. For example, the first week, everyone votes on Mallu stuff, the next, Tamil, etc. or whatever order. That way every language has no choice but to get equal importance.

These are just suggs, no problem if you guys don't like them (:
muffins2waffles thumbnail
Oh, and can we have a banner contest soon? How about 2 imp. stars from every field are required?
Aahaana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Thanks for the suggestions friends...keep on posting with more suggestions.

@Aishi, banner contest will be up  Feb 1stπŸ˜ƒ

-Aicha- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I love love ALL the ideas :D they're really cool :D I esp. love the Song of the week ;)

Umm..a suggestion maybe..we could have a 'Review of the Week' or more like 'Movie of the Month' (Because, each week is a little too much, don't you think? AND for each region separately preferably), so if there is a movie that's really good and you would recommend it, then that can be up =) 

Just an idea :) Other than that, as I said, I love everything else :D and I would love to help :) 

-Sneha