I'm here because of Salman Khan: Sonakshi Sinha

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 13 years ago
I'm here because of Salman Khan: Sonakshi Sinha

Mumbai:At a time when it has become pretty clear that actor-politico Shatrughan Sinha's daughter Sonakshi is frontrunner for most awards in the country for best debut, the doting dad makes sure she never forgets one thing ever — and that's to stay grounded!

"I feel proud to accompany my daughter on the stage when she's receiving an award. I have always advised her to be level-headed and keep her feet on the ground," says the doting father.

The newbie, on the other hand, admits that there couldn't have been a better platform for making her debut on screen than Dabangg. "I want to thank Arbaaz Khan (producer) that he thought that I could fit into the role opposite Salman, and of course, director Abhinav (Sinha) for holding my hand and treating me like a younger sister while I was still learning the ropes of acting," says Sonakshi.

But the actor is quick to add that the biggest contribution to her career in Bollywood will always be that of her co-starSalman Khan. "I am here because of Salman. He discovered and convinced me that I'm the one he's looking for. I owe a lot to him and am glad now that he made me find the actor in me," she adds.

Sonakshi, it is learned, plans to take to charitable causes in a big way, and is considering to take up the cause of promoting Women's education in India.

"Sonakshi might associate herself in a bigger way with Wave, an NGO that is working towards the welfare of women from the lower stratum of the society. Wave works in close association with two other NGOs, Muskaan and Nanhi Kali for this whole endeavour, and is actively working towards garnering funds for them. They are currently working towards helping to build a school for the girl child, and it is expected that Sonakshi will be a part of the endeavour in a big way," says a source.

good for her..
but hope she dont show cold shoulder once she gets other film offers
completely agree @sallufanno1

I just hope she does great films
That's really sweet of her to give credit where it's due.