Shahid refused to do '7 Khoon Maaf': Vishal Bhardw

-Anjaani- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago

Shahid refused to do '7 Khoon Maaf': Vishal Bhardwaj

Mumbai, Jan 22 (IANS) When Priyanka Chopra has seven co-stars in her forthcoming film '7 Khoon Maaf', the question arises why isn't Shahid Kapoor, who shares an amazing onscreen chemistry with her and is reportedly her offscreen love, one of them? Well because he refused, revealed filmmaker Vishal Bhardwaj.

'Shahid refused to do the film. That time he was preparing for the role in his father's film and for that he needed a particular get up, so he didn't have time to get a new get up for this film,' Bhardwaj told reporters at an event in the Radio City office here.

'7 Khoon Maaf' is based on Ruskin Bond's short story, 'Susanna's Seven Husbands'. The seven male leads in the thriller include Naseeruddin Shah as the oldest husband, John Abraham and Neil Nitin Mukesh, Irrfan Khan, Annu Kapoor, Naseeruddin Shah's youngest son Vivaan Shah as the youngest husband and Russian actor Aleksandr Dyachenko.

The director also revealed that Priyanka was his original choice for the role.

'Priyanka was my original choice for the role. She is the finest actor of her generation right now. Whe I worked with her in 'Kaminey', I realised how under-utilised she is. She has so much talent in her. As a director I had so much trust on her that I felt that no one else can essay this role as brilliantly as she would do,' said Bhardwaj.

The film is slated for a Feb 18 release.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Anjaani- thumbnail
I thought kareena was the first choice, but why did kareena said that she couldn't do SKM in one of her interview?? Anyone knows??
RandomSquared thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
i dont think kareena was ever offered SKM...i remember vishal offered it to priyanka like right wen kaminey released or something. 
Katalicious thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Yes Vishal! She is the finest actress today 😛
But I'm glad Shahid didn't do SKM cuz I don't want him to be just another guy😊

What interview did Kareena say that in?
Edited by KatForeva - 13 years ago
ladygaga thumbnail
Vishu should have played her 8th husband in SKM, and he should marry her in real life... all the time going gaga over pri pri.. he is obsessed with her. 😆 Edited by ladygaga - 13 years ago
sheee thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: lovePC

I thought kareena was the first choice, but why did kareena said that she couldn't do SKM in one of her interview?? Anyone knows??

I don't know.
-Anjaani- thumbnail

Originally posted by: KatForeva

Yes Vishal! She is the finest actress today 😛

But I'm glad Shahid didn't do SKM cuz I don't want him to be just another guy😊

What interview did Kareena say that in?

in this one at 5:03
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5AOpceuCog[/YOUTUBE]
Edited by lovePC - 13 years ago
MissIffiy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: lovePC

that was when Kareena was on crack remember ðŸ˜‰ 7KM wasnt offered to her she said I WASN"T offered Rajeenti & 7KM because of Ranbir 
Edited by MissIffiy - 13 years ago
-Anjaani- thumbnail

Originally posted by: MissIffiy

that was when Kareena was on crack remember ðŸ˜‰ 7KM wasnt offered to her I think she was talking about kaminey 

🤣 Ok so she did messed up things right?

MissIffiy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
lovePC edited my post after seeing ur video