India-Forums

Chhoti Bahu.. Sindoor Bin Suhaagan
Chhoti Bahu.. Sindoor Bin Suhaagan

Ranking calculation.

sia_lovely IF-Rockerz
sia_lovely
sia_lovely

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 10:12am | IP Logged

Hey guys........this is something i found on the Main IF page. I think this has been posted once by someone in this forum (sorry dont remember who?) But this is how the ranking seems to be calculated.

FAQ: How this ranking points are computed?

Please note that the numbers in the table above are presented in points after calculating them in relative terms compared to other celebrities so don't be confused on how it says Fans to be 350 (thats the maximum weightage) when they have more or less. So for example if Karan Singh Grover has maximum number of fans at 2463 so that is considered as the maximum weightage Point 350 (considered 100%) and from there we start calculating other celebrities like Harshad Chopra has 1638 fans and so it gets 149 Points (which happens to be near 70% of Karan Singh Grover). 

Similarly if Shilpa Anand got the maximum number of views and our max weightage point is 225 and if Harshad gets 56 points for views then it means that Harshad is getting almost 25% views of what Shilpa Anand got.

Same thing goes with Comments and other parameters. From time to time we would be optimizing our weightage system and will add more parameters to make this ranking system more better. We are even working on a way to add Show TRP points also as one of the various parameters in determining the popularity of the actor for the week.

So according to this......the points are calculated on a comparison basis. Like they said if a specific actor has the maximum Fans, other actor's Fan numbers would be compared to this Actor leading the pack.

The 4 things taken in to consideration, according to the above article, when calculating the ranks are.......

1) Views
2) Buzz
3) Comments
4) Fans

Right now the actor leading the FANS department is Gurmeet Choudary (Geet's leading actor) with 3000+ Fans........so acc. to comparison......you can understand where our Avinash stands (400+ fans)! Shocked Disapprove So i guess first and foremost it is necessary that everyone who hasnt joined Avinash's Fanclub......please join it. Ditto for Rubina, who's just behind him. I know maximum of us would have joined the club by now........but i can see many new members joining the forum recently......so i urge the new members to join the Club, if not joined until now. Big smile

Second thing is the comments that we make on the articles posted.....or the Fanpage of the Actor. So yes, as Radev2010 said......we need to keep commenting Thumbs Up  (Out of curiosity i checked the article on another lead pair.....this article was posted along with "CB countdown" but already the number of comments have reached 300+!!Shocked) So as and when we get time, we need to comment Big smile

Third thing is the Buzz.....i believe is the TellyBuzz articles is what they are telling. Here i have a doubt. Even those actor on whom many articles havent been posted, is seen on the top 10. How? Confused Probably because the actor has many Fans? I dont knowConfused Hope someone can clarify. Nevertheless whenever there is any article we need to comment!

And then, comes the Views........So even the number of times the articles has been viewed makes difference (didnt know abt that!Confused). So even if you cannot comment (since the max time is only 4 for each member) we can still click to view the article Big smile and that will get counted in for out AVINA! Big smile The above said article with more than 300+ comments, have been viewed 31,000 times!!! And the current article on CB Countdown has only 12000+ views! Unhappy 

Hope it helps.Smile

Please if you all knew this all the way, and if this was of no use then i am sorry. Just thought of writing it.......Big smile 

Edited by sia_lovely - 21 January 2011 at 10:13am

The following 17 member(s) liked the above post:

N025DAIRY25PutijaChalhovAnsa786laxmislaxmi_avinafananusha34radhika5radha_bilahari..yajnaseni..Devika.Smiley-786bholabearNiHa24ashna26misti73radev24

PutijaChalhov Coolbie
PutijaChalhov
PutijaChalhov

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 10:26am | IP Logged
Sia thanks for the details and explanationBig smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sia_lovely

abhilasha_dream IF-Rockerz
abhilasha_dream
abhilasha_dream

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 10:33am | IP Logged
sia thanks for the info, i did nt knw abt it..

sia_lovely

Smiley-786 IF-Dazzler
Smiley-786
Smiley-786

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 10:46am | IP Logged
Thanks for sharing this details sia ...

sia_lovely

anusha34 Goldie
anusha34
anusha34