India-Forums

Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee
Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

CVs have ruined Arjun

KhatamKahani IF-Stunnerz
KhatamKahani
KhatamKahani

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 9:47am | IP Logged
Yes, I know, I know most hate Arjun Annie.  I'm not really keen on them, either--though I think a better actress would make me like them.

But Arjun had a lot of potential.  I don't know why they would have him go down this path. Really?  Wasn't there any other idea they could come up with?  How are we supposed to believe Arjun is really a man of principle after this?

Or have the CVs completely changed the character arc of Arjun?  Ironic. Dev manages to become a redeemed character; while Arjun, an interesting character whose misguided want of revenge is actually understandable because he's been misled, turns into another Dev.

They couldn't have come up with ANYTHING else?

Edited by likarsh - 21 January 2011 at 9:48am

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

saunmirakdg129mingaHot_Indo_ChillyMg777aanyakunatblackb28

omkars Groupbie
omkars
omkars

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 9:56am | IP Logged
I totally agree with you.  The character sketch of Arjun has not been done properly by the CVs.  They are trying to show that a bad sister will always have a bad brother in spite of the speech given by Geet that zaroori nahi hain ki naintara jaisa hi ho uska bhai.  They are shaking the faith of Geet had on Arjun.  Mard ka  bachha zaisa arjun ko war karna chahiye tha.  I am observing lot of repetition first with pregnancy of Geet and again the same story with Annie.

Please voice your thoughts  
kdg129 Senior Member
kdg129
kdg129

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 9:59am | IP Logged
tho, maybe it might turn out they didn't go all the way...no?
like, they showed that scene Dead to make the audience think they did, but they didn't?
but ya, i thought they would do good by Arjun's character. argh. but i like how they use irony with the names.
Dev (lord, god), Arjun (i don't have to tell u this one) --> gaddhes. Angry
Maan (ego, respect) --> GODLY!! LOL
KhatamKahani IF-Stunnerz
KhatamKahani
KhatamKahani

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 10:01am | IP Logged
I was hoping against hope until today that it wouldn't be the obvious.  I was hoped that at least maybe he will marry her but will stop himself from sleeping with her. Or something.  

Great.  So what's the moral of this? As much as some may hate that Geet and Dadima trusted him, that was what was good about Geet.  Her belief in humanity.

Also, at that time he was a genuinely good guy. Did he have some intentions, yes.  But he stopped himself from carrying it out. So Geet was right.  

So what do they now intend to show.  NT's brother is no different to her?  Why?  

I am so disappointed in the show now. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

kdg129

kiranamit22 Newbie
kiranamit22
kiranamit22

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 10:03am | IP Logged
Originally posted by likarsh

Yes, I know, I know most hate Arjun Annie.  I'm not really keen on them, either--though I think a better actress would make me like them.

But Arjun had a lot of potential.  I don't know why they would have him go down this path. Really?  Wasn't there any other idea they could come up with?  How are we supposed to believe Arjun is really a man of principle after this?

Or have the CVs completely changed the character arc of Arjun?  Ironic. Dev manages to become a redeemed character; while Arjun, an interesting character whose misguided want of revenge is actually understandable because he's been misled, turns into another Dev.

They couldn't have come up with ANYTHING else?

i do not like that man , and he was,is and will be a villan for me, i hate him and never liked him.
KhatamKahani IF-Stunnerz
KhatamKahani
KhatamKahani

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 10:06am | IP Logged
Originally posted by kdg129

like, they showed that scene Dead to make the audience think they did, but they didn't?
but ya, i thought they would do good by Arjun's character. argh. but i like how they use irony with the names.

Maybe you are right.  Maybe we will find out that they didn't go all the way. How I hope that he stopped. At least then there would still be something left to the character.

A marriage starting out on revenge is bad, but it's not really something that's unusual among soap lead pairs.  So though while I'm not happy with that either, at least I can bring myself to live with it.

And ironic about the names. Except Arjun when they created him, was meant to be a man of principle, even though a grey character.  What is their plan with him now?

kdg129

kdg129 Senior Member
kdg129
kdg129

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 10:12am | IP Logged
Originally posted by likarsh

Originally posted by kdg129

Maybe you are right.  Maybe we will find out that they didn't go all the way. How I hope that he stopped. At least then there would still be something left to the character.

A marriage starting out on revenge is bad, but it's not really something that's unusual among soap lead pairs.  So though while I'm not happy with that either, at least I can bring myself to live with it.

And ironic about the names. Except Arjun when they created him, was meant to be a man of principle, even though a grey character.  What is their plan with him now?

let's hope we're both right! Big smile
i don't know, i've developed an unhealthy trust in the CVs (tho it's not complete, i still doubt them). cuz i trust that they're gonna make it seem like the show's going ape-s*** then they're gonna give us one slap-in-the-face-ha-ha-i-told-u-so episode or something like that. huh, is should make a graph showing a trend in the show. Brows
KhatamKahani IF-Stunnerz
KhatamKahani
KhatamKahani

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 10:40am | IP Logged
I have a weird faith in the CVs too.  I really didn't think they would make Arjun behind the doctor's advice for abortion.  

And till today I was hoping that we would see the slap-in-the-face-ha-ha-i-told-u-so.  I thought what it seemed to be leading up to wouldn't be the case. 

And now the doubt had kicked in. But I guess I will wait and see where it's going. Perhaps the slap in the face ha ha i told you so episode regarding this storyline is still to come. 

Edited by likarsh - 21 January 2011 at 10:47am

kdg129

Go to top