Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

India-Forums

Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee
Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

#Devil's Den# Nightmares do come true ;) (Page 101)

MarshP IF-Rockerz
MarshP
MarshP

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 4:42pm | IP Logged

So once I was done blowing off steam I wrote. I only wrote because I opened den today Ouch It's not easy being diplomatic. ROFL

Let me start by saying that the episode as a whole was not horrible. There were good parts, some ok parts and one gigantic flop. But of course like in any case, it is the blunders that take the limelight. The episode was good but it is overshadowed by that one ill-timed scene.

The first scene was magical. It was an epitome of Maan and Geet's relationship. It was funny, romantic, and sensual. Geet was her innocent self, with Maan in his best seductive avatar. Geet is focused on getting ready for the rituals and is initially oblivious to her hubby- to-be's not so saintly intentions.  This man sure knows the art of foreplay via wordplay. Asking her to change clothes in front of him, saying that he would not object, tsk tsk tsk!  But trust Gee to resist Maan's seductive ways. It is this tug of war that makes their relationship a treat to watch. Coming back to the episode, Maan tries to trap Geet, but it is him whom gets trapped. He is completely under her spell when she uses her mouth to untie the rope. She knows that she got him right where she wanted, distracted, so that she can free her other hand. Isn't it refreshing to see such a clever heroine? Post marriage, it would be interesting to see a role reversal with Geet being the aggressor in intimate moments. We live in the 21st century; it's not too much to ask.

Pinky and Adi scene was very endearing. Finally, we got to see a glimpse of the much desired Adinky. The rest of the office staff is also always welcome on screen. Now on to the rituals, Maan's love for Geet is evident in his eyes as his looks at his bride. The look Maan and Geet shared while sitting on the mandap was a reflection of their relationship. While, Geet was very much a blushing bride and Maan her groom, there is a comfort level between them that only comes from knowing the other more than one's self. They don't back out of an opportunity to tease one another. It's such a refreshing aspect of their relationship. When time comes for the Kanyadaan, Darji, returns to the picture. Although Geet is troubled by his presence Maan remains calm. His calmness suggests that he was somehow behind Darji's sudden appearance at the wedding. If he did such a thing, that is very considerate of him.

Now on to discuss the much talk about Arjun and Annie. While it is true that the viewers are not too fond of their romance, we had come to accept it at least to some extent as a fact of GHSP. The audience is smart and we understand the need of secondary characters to support the leads. However, the CVs should not take this for granted and try to force feed the audience Arjun/Annie scenes. What made today's episode a hard pill to swallow is just that.  Interspersing the much awaited Maan and Geet marriage scenes with Arjun and Annie marriage and consummation scenes was not a smart move. It not only irked the audience to a great deal, but also was quite insulting and disappointing coming from the CVs. This is not the way to treat the loyal audience that has stuck by you for past 8-9 months.

Arjun/Annie marriage and consummation at a first glance looks like history repeating itself; Arjun is another Dev and Annie is another Geet. However the truth is Arjun is not Dev, because unlike Dev he actually has principles. Just a week ago Arjun told NT that he would not use an innocent girl as a pawn in his revenge plot against Maan. However, here he is today, marrying Annie to use her against her brother. While I do not condone his actions by any means, I see this as a temporary lapse in judgment; a lapse of judgment with dire consequences. He will repent his actions once he learns the truth about NT or maybe even sooner. No matter when it happens, Arjun's conscience will make him regret his actions. As for Annie, she is not Geet; she was not forced into a marriage that she didn't want. Instead she married someone whom she loves and who she believes loves her in return. However, the fact that she chose to marry and consummate her marriage during her brother's wedding rubs the audience the wrong way.

Finally, I just wanted to add that we might not agree with every single storyline the CVs throw at us, but we need to trust that CVs know what they are doing. It may seem like a daunting task to trust the CVs at times such as today. But at the end of the day, it's their show and they call the shots. That being said, the viewers' opinion matters a great deal, it certainly does when it comes to the longevity of the show. Let's hope CVs make better decisions in the future. It is their job that is on the line.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

polly23-sumaiya-panchjun5shaliArwen.

polly23 IF-Dazzler
polly23
polly23

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 4:44pm | IP Logged
 @ Arwen right now i m having my semester break but  my will start from following weeks then  i won't able to come to den so often Ouch
@ Shali nehhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii ROFL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

shaliArwen.

Infinitedreams IF-Stunnerz
Infinitedreams
Infinitedreams

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 4:46pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Arwen...

Muniza ... u know Piyush is really good but since most of his scenes are with NM and she just cannot act LOL it sort of brings down his performances as well LOL i feel sorry for him ROFLROFLROFL

EDIT:
Zee ... if ur dance is related to something off screen than keep it away from Den LOL

I am tooo agree with you Piyush is good actor, and he is brilliantly playing the character Arjun, but just cause of that girl his performance gets doom.....I feel sorry for him as well, bichare ko uske saath ishq ladana padhta hai.....

Muniza

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-sumaiya-shaliArwen.

Arwen. IF-Sizzlerz
Arwen.
Arwen.

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 4:48pm | IP Logged
polly around ur bed time start watching a movie which u absolutely love (or a good suspense movie u havent seen before) and viola within a couple of days u cd have the breakfast-lunch routine ROFLROFLROFL Remember this for ur Easter break ROFLROFLROFL

@Marsh ... awesome take Smile Bad timing and bad acting of one actor and it became one big FLOP!!!

polly23MarshP

-RushTrip- IF-Rockerz
-RushTrip-
-RushTrip-

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 4:49pm | IP Logged
I so love the title guys...

guess...it takes..all kinds...!!!

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

polly23-sumaiya-Arwen.shaliInfinitedreams

Infinitedreams
Infinitedreams

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 4:49pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by shali

muni....do expect some lusty looks that Nes and Arjun gone exchange....ooohhhh and if she is in for more....maybe some Deadin a corner...

@Arwen....me was hoping to see Msk in that white sherwani....suited him well...

Come on yaar itna torture na de, i hope they wont show us those lusty looks between the pheras and allDeadDead....

Muniza

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

shali

Arwen. IF-Sizzlerz
Arwen.
Arwen.

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 4:50pm | IP Logged
Rush HugHugHug

wassup??? Big smile

@both Rush and Muniza .... the girl who came up with the title .. Marsh is here LOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

polly23-RushTrip-shali

Infinitedreams
Infinitedreams

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 4:52pm | IP Logged
@ Marsh - Toooooo good title, loved it ClapROFLROFL......

Muniza

MarshPshali

Go to top