Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Abhi-Ash Named Power Couple + Pics! (Page 8)

smarie IF-Rockerz

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 3:22pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

ladygagaNuktaacheenKim75koolchickdesigal90

ladygaga IF-Dazzler
ladygaga
ladygaga

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 3:27pm | IP Logged
Aishwarya rai was called the "The most bankable Indian star in Hollywood" that survey didn't include bollywood it was just about hollywood and since she is the one of the few mainstream indian actresses who has worked in hollywood.. that is why she was up there.. I guess after Slumdog millionaire Anil kapoor would the most bankable Indian star in Hollywood considering the world wide gross of SDM is  $ 377910544! Aishwarya rai's stint in hollywood was so horrible that poor girl had to return back to mainstream cinema and do movies lik Action replay... and robot to get her popularity back.. but alas.. she fell on her face with those attempts also.. if we talk just about Bollywood.. since it is a bolly forum.. She had colossal flops like Guzaarish, Action Replay.. average robot.. and another clossal flop ravan.. And let me not even get started on Abhishek.. The whole bachcan family has prominently featured in the FLOP lists of the year.. so i dunno which power are they even talking about!

Edited by ladygaga - 22 January 2011 at 4:03pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

NuktaacheensmarieKim75koolchicksheeedesigal90

turqoisedress IF-Stunnerz
turqoisedress
turqoisedress

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 3:33pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Alessya

Originally posted by chocolover89

In the North (where Rajni is not considered big and Ash is a "bigger" star) people didn't care much for Robot--so where was her starpower then?

As I explained, Sivaji - a blockbuster film from the team of Rajni, Shankar and Rahman was barely able to collect 1 crore in Hindi. Robot, with an additional team member, Ash, made about 35cr in the North. Also, her international pull was evident with it being the highest grosser overseas. So all this being done thanks to the heroine of a film is pretty much a big deal, which no other Indian actress cannot do.

Originally posted by chocolover89

Also I didn't realize Robot is the highest grossing film overseas. I believe that record is held by MNIK for 2010.

Here it is, the record of 3 Idiots was broken by MNIK and MNIK's record was broken by Enthiran. http://www.newsofap.com/newsofap-27407-35-rajinikanths-endhiran-collects-61-crores-overseas.html

About Sivaji, I think Smarie explained pretty well why it didn't make money..

But I don't don't think people watched the movie because Ash was in it..tbh she was quite unbearable in the movie and I shut it off within 30 minutes because of her only.

The thing is I don't think Bollywood counts Endhiran/Ravanan as a hit for Ash because it was a blockbuster in the South. The Bolly version, Robot/Ravan, didn't make much of an impact. So Ash had 4 releases in 2010- 3 flopped miserably and the other is an average. Where is her star power? Star power is measured more on the hits an actor gives and less on their acting ability. That's why Katrina is called a superstar not an actress. She is on par with our heroes to pull in the crowds but she can't act at all imo. Obviously everybody will have some flops in between but a 75% flop rate in 1 year is quite bad.

ladygagaNuktaacheenKim75koolchicksheeedesigal90

smarie IF-Rockerz

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 3:35pm | IP Logged

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

NuktaacheenKim75koolchick

ladygaga IF-Dazzler
ladygaga
ladygaga

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 3:55pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Alessya

Originally posted by smartie_pants

exactly my point....INTERNATIONAL AUDIENCE...actors in hollywood.....ash being on tht list is because of her "superhit" international films like mistress of spices, bride and prejudice, the last legion and pink panthar 2......more ppl know her internationally because shes done holly films...unlike srk or aamir who havent....but their films still manage bigger opening collections overseas despite them being unknown to the "international audience"(3 idiots, OSO, MNIK, ghajini)....dosent that speak way more of their starpower than hers?

its evident tht the list is based on actors in hollywood...and its stupidity to include aamir, srk etc in tht category...

at the end of the day, shes an actor working for indian cinema...and down in her homeland, she is not that influential anymore...

Okay, so according to you she's done international flops. But she still is more bankable than SRK, Aamir etc. Huh? 

FYI, check any site, Bride and Prejudice and The Pink Panther 2 made enough money to be called successes. PP2 was also among the Top 10 Hollywood films of 2009. And she did receive a lot of critical acclaim for Provoked. She didn't get listed way up there just like that, y'know!

And the supposed "international audience" that gave big opening collections were no one else but desis. In fact, it was the desis who had voted for them. Otherwise, they wouldn't even feature in the list... forget being above Kal Penn!

She is an Indian actress. Does English, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu and Bengali films. You cannot question her success and achievements. It is unparallelable.

First of all its good to live in the present na.. if some say that she isn't that powerful in the present then whats wrong with that.. What else are people supposed to say after 3 colossal flops and an average.  She is a Bollywood actress to us first, so we judge her work in bollywood first and foremost.. and as of now.. she had an unimpressive 2010.. with no major hits or any pathbreaking performances.. for how long can she bask in the glory of "the most beautiful woman in the world"... or for how long are we supposed to praise oh.. she did 3  movies in hollywood.. which weren't that impactful btw.. no one is gonna take anything away from her past glory.. but as of now 2011 in bollywood.. no one is raving much about her coz of her countless flops and unimpresive performances last year.. why is it so hard to digest??

Edited by ladygaga - 22 January 2011 at 3:56pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

NuktaacheenKim75koolchicksheee

sheee IF-Sizzlerz
sheee
sheee

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 3:55pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ladygaga

Aishwarya rai was called the "The most bankable Indian star in Hollywood" that survey didn't include bollywood it was just about hollywood and since she is the one of the few mainstream indian actresses who has worked in hollywood.. that is why she was up there.. I guess after Slumdog millionaire Anil kapoor would the most bankable Indian star in Hollywood considering the world wide gross of SLM is  $ 377910544! Aishwarya rai's stint in hollywood was so horrible that poor girl had to return back to mainstream cinema and do movies lik Action replay... and robot to get her popularity back.. but alas.. she fell on her face with those attempts also.. if we talk just about Bollywood.. since it is a bolly forum.. She had colossal flops like Guzaarish, Action Replay.. average robot.. and another clossal flop ravan.. And let me not even get started on Abhishek.. The whole bachcan family has prominently featured in the FLOP lists of the year.. so i dunno which power are they even talking about!
I totally agree.
smarie IF-Rockerz

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 3:57pm | IP Logged

ladygagaNuktaacheenKim75koolchicksheeeturqoisedress

sheee IF-Sizzlerz
sheee
sheee

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 3:58pm | IP Logged
Guys ignore her. She is never gonna stop.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

koolchick

Go to top