Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Abhi-Ash Named Power Couple + Pics! (Page 6)

desigal90 IF-Stunnerz
desigal90
desigal90

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 12:15pm | IP Logged
The opening Robot got is proof enough that it wasnt the actual content or graphics or whatever that pulled hte crowds in intially. Rajni is HUGE in the South. Its liek if Kareena stars in an Aamir film, and even if she has a role from start to finish, I know that with a star like Aamir, he's responsible for the box office status. Replace Rajni with some other actor, and you would not even get close to the collections of Robot that you have today. Would the content still be the same? Sure. Would peoepl have flocked like crayz on the first day? maybe not.
 If you must talk of Aish's own starpower, what happened with Action Replayy, Raavan and Guzaarish? Isnt it too huge a coincidence that you use Robot to state her box office pull (which happens to have the biggest star in the South), and ignore all her flops in the same year where she had a bigger role?

Edited by desigal90 - 22 January 2011 at 12:16pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ladygagaeraser

Neha435 IF-Dazzler
Neha435
Neha435

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 12:41pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Alessya

I agree with Nuktaacheen.

Originally posted by SidRidARSHFan

Is it me or does Aishwarya only opt for very VERY traditional indian clothes!! I mean I have no seen her wear anything glamorous she looks like a housewife now instead of a actress. Shes gorgeous and thats for sure without doubt, but if shes someone's wife and bahu then be it dont come in showbiz, if you do then dress a little trendy!!! I am so tired of seeing her in granny dresses and saris seems like a wedding outfit every time!!

She dresses appropriately. Internationally, she wears western clothes (the so-called trendy clothes). :P In India, she wears Indian. It is not like she used to roam in bikinis before she got married. She was well dressed before too. Always made it a point to cover up. She still does it.

However, she should stop wearing Manish Malhotra. His creations are too loud and in-your-face and sometimes gaudy and OTT too. So hopefully she will change her designer.

Errm maybe you should go back and read my discussionsErmm I am not repeating anything i said all over again, go back to page 4!!! I havent spoken about bikinis nor western clothes!!
eraser IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 12:42pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

qwwwNeha435Nuktaacheenruky786

desigal90 IF-Stunnerz
desigal90
desigal90

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 12:56pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by desigal90

The opening Robot got is proof enough that it wasnt the actual content or graphics or whatever that pulled hte crowds in intially. Rajni is HUGE in the South. Its liek if Kareena stars in an Aamir film, and even if she has a role from start to finish, I know that with a star like Aamir, he's responsible for the box office status. Replace Rajni with some other actor, and you would not even get close to the collections of Robot that you have today. Would the content still be the same? Sure. Would peoepl have flocked like crayz on the first day? maybe not.
 If you must talk of Aish's own starpower, what happened with Action Replayy, Raavan and Guzaarish? Isnt it too huge a coincidence that you use Robot to state her box office pull (which happens to have the biggest star in the South), and ignore all her flops in the same year where she had a bigger role?

Nope, you're mistaken. Robot was an out and out commercial entertainer. So was Action Replayy.

Raavan and Guzaarish do not belong to such a genre. Robot received great reviews from day one, so the great opening also made way for good weekdays. If not for the reviews the craze would have fizzled out. Action Replayy got bad to average reviews and hence didn't run.

Raavan didn't have good Indian reviews to begin with, though it was acclaimed internationally. Hence, despite a very good start, the collections fizzled out after the weekend. Whereas Raavanan started on the same note too, but it received very good reviews and hence was a superhit. Guzaarish had great reviews, but it had an underwhelming response just because there was no Munni or Sheila in the film. And the budget was too high to begin with. 60crore for an art film! It was never meant to be recovered even with the greatest of reviews - and eventually that was what happened.

Paa, another movie involving an illness - it was made on a small budget of 15cr. It collected about 36cr. It was called a hit. Guzaarish, made on a budget of 60cr, made 42cr. So despite reaching out to more people than Paa did and despite getting even better reviews, the film was not a conventional box office success - though it did make an additonal 25cr just through music and satellite rights.

Now that you are stressing so much on Aamir, tell me what was the opening of his latest flick "Dhobi Ghat"? Taare Zameen Par too had an underwhelming opening (and the fact that it was opening against a Bollywood masala film called Welcome was not helping). What about Mangal Pandey? Fact is, people believe trailers more than anything or anybody else.
But look at Aamir's ratio. Out of 6 films, if 5 are blockbusters and 1 takes a less than happenning opening, that shouldnt be held against him. Because of Aamir, even Peepli Live became successful. If not for brand Aamir attached to this film, do you think Peepli would even have made hafl a splash it did intiially?

Mangal Pandey was before Aamir's stature today.
Guzaarish is an out and out SLB film, but Aish and Hrithik failed to bring in the crowds. THe fact is, you're emphasizing Aish's starpower far too much, and using the wrong films to prove it. And with Robot I'm just emphasizing the opening, becuase believe it or not, openings make a huge difference. TMK, despite being a PATHETIC film managed a semi hit status. You know why? Initial box office pull, thanks to Akki and Sheila ki jawani. Same with Kambakkht Ishq.

Which is why I am just restating what i said earlier. You cant use Robot to defend Aish's starpower or pull. Its Rajni or the special effects.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

qwww

Neha435 IF-Dazzler
Neha435
Neha435

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 12:59pm | IP Logged

Haha, noo. That bikini part was added by me. It was just a part of my explanation.

But I still disagree with you. Dressing like a behenji does not mean you should not be in showbiz.  Amrita Rao was one of those behenjis earlier. She was respected. She got film offers with substantial roles. And then suddenly you have this modern makeover where she turned into a bimbette. Not only she was forgotten but people said she looked hotter with more clothes on.

LOL its okay to disagree with meSmile See my point of view comes from the actresses I see wearing the most stunning outfits, they're not neccesarily open they're traditional indian saris and dresses, but maybe cause shes opting for manish malhotra i feel shes a bit behenji type, I am just talking about differeciating "proffession" with "family". She maybe in the industry longer but Karishma entered before her and I personally think Karishma has a great style!! It has nothing to do proffesion or family or wearing open clothes, I am merely talking about "FASHION" something that is big if you working in a film industry!! But its our own opinions I disagree to yours and you to mine but I still stand by my oneSmile
smarie IF-Rockerz

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 1:00pm | IP Logged

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

ladygagaKim75koolchickdesigal90

WhipCreamPantie IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 1:40pm | IP Logged

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ibelieveinpink

WhipCreamPantie IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 1:46pm | IP Logged

Go to top