Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Abhi-Ash Named Power Couple + Pics! (Page 5)

ibelieveinpink IF-Stunnerz
ibelieveinpink
ibelieveinpink

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 6:52pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by qwww

She found MM after all these years in bollywood and now refuses to wear anything but him. I am tiered of her wearing MM designs with loads of velvet. Since she has no style sense  she needs to hire a stylist of her own pronto.  I agree with the others that say she looks frumpy these days. With a face like that she doesnt need much help but man does she try to drag herself down. She needs to dress her age and no that does not mean drowning in oversized anarkalis or wearing velvet blouses.  Come on Aishwarya you can do better.

i so agree....i love her more in sabya's saris...i knew this would happen but it only a matter of time! The velvet is getting old and MM is so redundant....she still looks amazing, but I still think she can look much better! I think she should wear the saris her brother and sis in law gift her b/c they do a better job of picking clothes than she does!!!

Salma2 IF-Dazzler
Salma2
Salma2

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 3:51am | IP Logged

^sorry Ravan was a FLOP and Robot too in bollywood.

Overall ROBOT made huge money in south india.

desigal90 IF-Stunnerz
desigal90
desigal90

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 5:21am | IP Logged
Robot's credit goes to Rajnikanth. Since you're defending abhi and ash being a powercouple, would the film have a similar fate if it had Abhishek and Aish?

And Abhi and Ash being invited to Oprah has little to do with their couple and everything to do with Aish's popularity internationally. You can replace Abhishek with ANYONE and the result woudl still be the same. They woudl still be invited to Oprah.

A true powercouple actually balances each other out in terms of superstardom. Here Abhi lies in Aish's shadow.

And if you speak of brands, other powercouples have had  very successful ventures as well. I personally know most about saif and kareena and know they endorse Airtel together (huge brand), and separately kareena has about 14 brands total, Saif around 10 or 11.

Edited by desigal90 - 22 January 2011 at 11:11am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

ladygagacricketfan1preity*zintaperfectlyflawed

Dastaan23 Goldie

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 9:45am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Nuktaacheen--ania--Meena1

Nuktaacheen IF-Dazzler
Nuktaacheen
Nuktaacheen

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 11:01am | IP Logged
Originally posted by SidRidARSHFan

Originally posted by Nuktaacheen

Originally posted by SidRidARSHFan

Is it me or does Aishwarya only opt for very VERY traditional indian clothes!! I mean I have no seen her wear anything glamorous she looks like a housewife now instead of a actress. Shes gorgeous and thats for sure without doubt, but if shes someone's wife and bahu then be it dont come in showbiz, if you do then dress a little trendy!!! I am so tired of seeing her in granny dresses and saris seems like a wedding outfit every time!!

Also I am not against indian clothes!! they represent our country, so many leading actresses opt for such glamorous indian outfits, but aishwarya just looks like shes going to weddings!!

This is my opnion!! so please dont bash me :)

she doesn't need to dress up in glamorous clothes for no reason... she does wear western outfits too, when the occasion calls for it, like during Cannes and her ramp walks... i guess she's more comfortable with traditional clothes...

and honestly, why does her being in showbiz dictate that she has to dress more trendy...?  just because she is someone's wife and bahu, why should she stay at home... just because she wears traditional clothes....?  Confused   times have changed, haven't they....

why are we so inspired by hollywood and the western society...??   wearing western clothes and trendy outfits makes you more glamorous... people can be just as glamorous in traditional outfits too.... TongueTongueTongue 

rest it's your opinion... if you don't like her repeating traditional outfits...!   Tongue   not bashing you, btw... just put my views forward, for your points...!!  

Either you havent read my post properly or your just assuming from what I wrote!!!

Did you see me mention hollywood or western clothes anywhereSmile To be trendy you dont neccessarily have to dress "english" or wear short clothes. Anyone can be trendy and fashionable and if you check out the way Kareena Kapoor, Katrina and even Karishma who is the mother of two children wear Indian outfits you will see what I mean by "trend" and "glamour"

I am proud of Indian clothes and think every actress should represent out culture and they do in their trendy ways.

And also the reason she should dress trendy is because of her proffession, If i work in a office I wouldnt be going in trainers would I? why because I like to wear them!! hmmm I'd still get critsed just liek the way aishwarya does because she is a public figure regardless of what she is in her personal life no would bring that in their career, and so I have every right to voice my opinion about her like anyone else does.

Also dont get so worked up, I have nothing against her, shes an actress and as we are on the forum I am giving my opinion!!

I respect your opinion, not having an arguement but hopefully a civil discussion Smile

nah nah, i did read your comments, but i guess i got thrown off by your bolded comments, specially the one i highlighted in red now....!!   Tongue   so i just wondered, that is it necessary that if you don't wear trendy clothes (i thought you meant western by that, to be honest... but i see what you mean), you should not be in showbiz, which just seemed like an odd statement... if someone is someone's wife and bahu, and dresses not so trendy (as per your words), why should they have to stay away from showbiz....?  Confused   

rest as i said, is your opinion that you don't like the way she dresses... and of course, just like everyone else, we all can voice, whatever our opinions may be... but it's also on open forum, and we can all have a civil debate too over our points of views...!   and as i said, i don't mind if someone has an issue with the way the stars dress or criticise them on their dressing style....!  Tongue  ash isn't my favourite, btw...  but i find it odd (apologies for the lack or a more proper word in my vocabulary) that she should stay away from the movies, because of the way she dresses...!  there are plenty of actors too who dress horribly... but i've never read that they should stay away from movies too because the way they dress... i guess it's the feminist in me who finds such statements a bit harsh, directed only towards our actresses...!!   TongueTongue

her dressing sense doesn't stop the offers coming apparently, so i guess that she doesn't really care about that... who knows, what her perspective is...!  

in any case... i guess we all look at the situations differently...!!
desigal90 IF-Stunnerz
desigal90
desigal90

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 11:13am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Alessya

Raavan's credit goes to Rajnikanth? I suppose you meant 'Robot'. But I will have to disagree.

If Raavan was a hit, you'd say credit goes to Mani Ratnam or Abhishek. If it's a flop it's her fault. If Robot would have been a flop, you would say she delivered a flop, but you wouldn't say Robot's flop status credit goes to Rajnikanth. Would you?

Rajnikanth's film before Robot, was a film called Kuselan. The film had entailed losses and was a big flop. So much so that Rajni had to return his remuneration to try to cover the losses of the film. So if you thought a film would run just because it has Rajnikanth - you're wrong. Robot ran because of its excellent quality of production. It had a very engaging screenplay and a very good job by the ensemble cast. That is the reason it is the biggest blockbuster.

About Abhi being in Ash's shadows, I already said Aishwarya's contribution to them being the No.1 Power couple is 80%. Abhishek pretty much doesn't contribute anything. But still, their combination edges out any other couple in the film industry.

About brands, the number of brands does not matter. But the quality of the brands they endorse does. In any place, quality is preferred over quantity.
Yeah that's what i meant Smile
But no, I still dont see how Rajni doesnt get full credit for its success. I think it pretty much a given. Its like me saying kareena has a hand in 3 Idiots success. She has nothing to do with its success. Thats all aamir and raju hirani.
And no, I wouldnt blame Aish if robot had flopped coz i knew that it was one film riding on Rajni's shoulders.
Neha435 IF-Dazzler
Neha435
Neha435

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 11:27am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Nuktaacheen

nah nah, i did read your comments, but i guess i got thrown off by your bolded comments, specially the one i highlighted in red now....!!   Tongue   so i just wondered, that is it necessary that if you don't wear trendy clothes (i thought you meant western by that, to be honest... but i see what you mean), you should not be in showbiz, which just seemed like an odd statement... if someone is someone's wife and bahu, and dresses not so trendy (as per your words), why should they have to stay away from showbiz....?  Confused   

rest as i said, is your opinion that you don't like the way she dresses... and of course, just like everyone else, we all can voice, whatever our opinions may be... but it's also on open forum, and we can all have a civil debate too over our points of views...!   and as i said, i don't mind if someone has an issue with the way the stars dress or criticise them on their dressing style....!  Tongue  ash isn't my favourite, btw...  but i find it odd (apologies for the lack or a more proper word in my vocabulary) that she should stay away from the movies, because of the way she dresses...!  there are plenty of actors too who dress horribly... but i've never read that they should stay away from movies too because the way they dress... i guess it's the feminist in me who finds such statements a bit harsh, directed only towards our actresses...!!   TongueTongue

her dressing sense doesn't stop the offers coming apparently, so i guess that she doesn't really care about that... who knows, what her perspective is...!  

in any case... i guess we all look at the situations differently...!!

Nah your still not understanding what i am talking about LOLLOL maybe my writing skills are not upto mark!! I havent spoken about her having a right to work or not work in the movies. I am just PURELY commenting on her style of clothing and what she currently dresses intoBig smile So that has nothing to do with hollywood or whether a woman has a right to work or not.

Anyways, healthy debates are fun and we had a good oneSmileThumbs Up

Edited by SidRidARSHFan - 22 January 2011 at 11:28am
koolchick IF-Rockerz

Requested Self ban

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 11:32am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

eraser

Go to top