Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Abhi-Ash Named Power Couple + Pics! (Page 27)

gilmores IF-Stunnerz
gilmores
gilmores

Posted: 23 January 2011 at 1:26pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Alessya

Originally posted by chocolover89

Yes of course Ajay is only a slightly better actor than Abhishek. Kajol is a mediocre actress who has no films worthy of acclaim. Bunty aur Babli is a hit only because the great Aishwarya Rai danced in it. Dhoom 2 could have been Ash's biggest BW hit without Hrithik Roshan in it. And Madhuri is a limited dancer. Wacko 

And I'm being "proved" wrong about what exactly?

No. You said Ajay-Kajol are the best contenders. You said Ash didn't have a BO success in Hollywood other than PP2. You didn't know whether the No.1 Power Couple was for Bollywood or India. You said WAF was average (according to BOI it was but not according to other sites). You believed MNIK was the highest grossing Indian film overseas. It was actually Enthiran.

You were wrong. So yeah I did prove you wrong.
I said BO-wise, the Devgans had more power than Rai-Bachchan. Oh so she had 1 more success..yayyy for her. Wacko 

Her hollywood career is no great guns and even she knows it. 2 out of like 5-6 films to work at the BO. That is not a good Hollywood career. If the power couple is for India, they're even less worthy of it. India is not made up of Bollywood. Like I said Mukesh Amabani has more power than the entire Rai-Bachchan clan. BOI is the most trusted site for BO figures, WAF is average according to it. So I go by that. What other sites are you referring to? IBOS? The one that says MNIK earned a whooping 30 crores less than other websites? LOL Anyways, I already explained this, media claims that movies flop when in reality they don't. Media says TMK, AA, KI, Housefull are flops. In reality, the first 3 are semi-hits and the last is one of the top grossers of the year.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Nuktaacheenkoolchicksheee

~*simran*~ IF-Rockerz

Posted: 23 January 2011 at 2:03pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

qwwwNuktaacheensheeeruky786

ibelieveinpink IF-Stunnerz
ibelieveinpink
ibelieveinpink

Posted: 23 January 2011 at 2:05pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ~*simran*~

Still at it? Sigh, do we spend this much effort in studying? LOL

And please no bashing. Kat's not even related here.

ROFL Bless you!!!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

qwwwNuktaacheensmariesheee

ruky786 IF-Stunnerz
ruky786
ruky786

Posted: 23 January 2011 at 2:18pm | IP Logged
Sorry Simran. I don't know why I did thatD'oh

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

WhipCreamPantie

Nuktaacheen IF-Dazzler
Nuktaacheen
Nuktaacheen

Posted: 23 January 2011 at 3:34pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by chocolover89

Originally posted by ruky786

Wow man over 30 pages now Aish and Abhishek are the centre of attentionROFL
This must be the first time an Abhi-Ash topic went past 3-4 pages LOL Chalo they finally got some sort of publicity on the forum LOL

Nuktaji, I only said the Devgans in terms of Bollywood BO revenues..not based on their endorsements and other things..Plus their "power" is a little more balanced imo..both contribute something. In Abhi-Ash's case it's only Ash. Abhi's career has been on a downward spiral for the last 2-3 years..And I do believe Ash's is also nearing her end..

yes, on which point, i agree with you...!   i clicked 'like' to your post too... kya yaar, meri likes ki koi value hai ke nahin... LOLLOL 

rest, if you talk in terms of box office only, then yes, for devgans 'power', is obviously more balanced... but since we are talking about the power couple, you do have to consider how much they earn (ash is one of the highest paid actresses as of now) plus their endoresements as well.... and of course, which brand they endorse also matters...!  

rest, whether ash is nearing 'her end' of career, is all everyone's opinion... and all i have to say to that, is time will tell... she does has good offers by big directors, even now... so as of now, she is going strong...!
tina59 IF-Sizzlerz
tina59
tina59

Posted: 23 January 2011 at 4:28pm | IP Logged
For me " Power" or the word " star" refers to those people who are able to draw attention to themselves wherever they go or appear or automatically get attention coz their name is mentioned means " power and star value"

It could be criticism or postive comments, yet the very fact that we take the time to read and write abt them in length for innumerable pages means they have a " star value " to them.

Coming to ash, she def qualifies in the above mentioned criteria. She has been in the industry for several years, made a name for herself, draws attention both in india and abroad, recognized abroad and acknowledged by hollywood stars and brands, popular all over india, has managed to survive in the industry for the most part without the help of " bollywood power players or group" namely the khans, kapoors etc.

acclaimed directors like mani ratnam, slb, shankar have cast her repeatedly . Looking at all this, ofcourse she has power and can be considered a powerful star.

akshay kumar gave flops all over yet people cant deny he is a power player, same goes to kat and salman as well considering he hasnt won an award for the last 20 odd years he has been in the industry.

Ajay-kajol are good actors and a wonderful actors but for me they do not have that star power that pulls u to them...theres something called charisma or power that should pull u to them 

maybe thats why they gave the couple " power couple". Abhishek is still in the industry doing films as a lead inspite of the innumerable dismal flops, he still has endorsements, one cant ignore that either.

as a couple they can be called a "power couple" it doesnt matter if one has more power than the other, as a couple they work

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Nuktaacheeneraser

WhipCreamPantie IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 23 January 2011 at 6:55pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ruky786

chandaursitare Senior Member
chandaursitare
chandaursitare

Posted: 24 January 2011 at 1:07am | IP Logged
That was the best debate I've read on this site. 

Kudos to Alessya for hanging in there. Thumbs Up

Go to top