Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Abhi-Ash Named Power Couple + Pics! (Page 24)

Salma2 IF-Dazzler
Salma2
Salma2

Posted: 23 January 2011 at 5:26am | IP Logged

http://www.newsofap.com/newsofap-27407-35-rajinikanths-endhiran-collects-61-crores-overseas.html

lol, is that a source? forget about being an official source. some z grade blog and unknown site. I hoped to get atlast an IBOS linkLOL but alasss, you can see tons of small unknown sites like this in net with false statements.

even if that is true, it's still far behind than MNIK and  3 idiots collection, overseas. 3 Idiots made more than 70 croes and MNIK made more than 90 Croes and still running overseas.

Robot  collected 9 croes overseas, and that is biggest for a south indian movie. Robot got a limited release compared to bollywood biggies , but compared to south indian flicks the number of prints were more than their previous flicks.

Robots overseas collections

source: BOI / ifm /rediff and all sources including international boxoffice sites.

you are really neglecting the difference in collection of BOI and IBOS.  Even any one can see the difference and of course teven a child can understand, Bachchan's film only get increment and all others are deducted. and verdicts too.

You can have different opinions over who is better, who is beautiful, but not on box office facts. I don't know whether you live in India, but the truth is, in south india, we don't have a system to get figures, because the areas do not have technology. Any ways, I agree it being a big hit in south. but the ones who know box office theories should know few other facts too.

That is in North india, NET = HALF OF GROSS, because of the tax.. So if any movie collected 100 croes, 50 croes is the NET. From that, approximately 30 croes for the distributor and rest for the cinema owners.

In south, there is no tax, so If a movie made 100 croes, distributor get the most. 

I don't want to argue on this any more. You can live in a denial, but the truth is Robot MADE ONLY 9 millions ud in international market. BECAUSE that is not an opinion, that's a fact. Official indian sources and international sites like boxoffice mojo. On the other hand, it's just general knowledge about occupancy and print count in film trade business.How come a movie get released with such few prints make 8 croes in  a day. Even if its 100% full, still there is a max limit where print count earn. I don't know why you refuse to believe official sources, where do they have records of all releases and so on. Then if you want that's fine too.

Edited by Salma2 - 23 January 2011 at 5:44am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Nuktaacheen

ibelieveinpink IF-Stunnerz
ibelieveinpink
ibelieveinpink

Posted: 23 January 2011 at 5:39am | IP Logged
OMG....this is the longest debate I've ever seen!!!

Nuktaacheen

CunningLinguist IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 23 January 2011 at 6:08am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Nuktaacheen

-iktaara- IF-Dazzler
-iktaara-
-iktaara-

Posted: 23 January 2011 at 7:04am | IP Logged
Ermm

Nuktaacheen

Posted: 23 January 2011 at 7:31am | IP Logged

Nuktaacheen

Posted: 23 January 2011 at 7:54am | IP Logged

Nuktaacheen

Nuktaacheen IF-Dazzler
Nuktaacheen
Nuktaacheen

Posted: 23 January 2011 at 8:31am | IP Logged
kajol did have a fabulous year in 2010... she had a hit in MNIK, and an average in WAF...!  TongueTongue

but yes, as i said earlier, the combined fact that ash earns a lot more for her movies (she had a lot of releases) and their brand endorsements probably put them ahead of the Devgans...!!

and fact is... IBOS is definitely biased towards the bachchans... and they hate srk, btw... TongueTongue  no wonder, they called MNIK a flop or average or whatever they called it...!!  LOLLOL   in any case...

if you just talk about box office, then obviously ajay-kajol score over abhi-ash... but if you take into consideration, how much their earning potential is, ash-abhi obviously score over ajay-kajol, more so because of ash...!!   TongueTongue

so really, i don't see how one side is 'wrong', and the other is 'right'... both have valid points... and sorry to say, but both of you are overlooking certain things to prove your point....!  TongueTongue  

but it's a fun debate, minus the 'i'm right, you're wrong' stances... there's really no need to get personal like that... TongueTongue  and supposedly, i'm pretty smart, lmao, so i thought i'll point it out...!  LOLLOL

eraser

WhipCreamPantie IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 23 January 2011 at 10:26am | IP Logged

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

eraserruky786

Go to top