Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Abhi-Ash Named Power Couple + Pics! (Page 21)

Salma2 IF-Dazzler
Salma2
Salma2

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 11:54pm | IP Logged

IBOS??????? ROFL

That pro- bachchan site, paa is a super hit or BB there and so as all Bachchan's movies.

Big B, post the articles of that site on his blog.

Once the owner claims, Teen patti is a threat to MNIK, hence they should change the date.

The site is run by a Bachchan fan and he is a member of india fm too. That site is ridiculed by all bollywood fans, less said is better.

None in trade considered IBOS as a source,it's a joke and there was a time site is filled with anti-Muslim articles, Less said is better about that pathetic  site.

That site has so ridiculous box office statues for each and every film, their gross status of movies recently made me vomit. Last year they declared Abishek bachchan in top 2 or some thing in box office power. Less said is better.LOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

MaSqUeRaDeNuktaacheeneraser

MaSqUeRaDe Goldie
MaSqUeRaDe
MaSqUeRaDe

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 11:57pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ladygaga

@ Alessya Oh come on.. if you are underperforming in the recent history then how can you be considered as powerful in the present.. you gotta be doing well in present too.. You are very easily calling Kajol a mediocre actress.. and also naming Ajay and Abhishek in the same line.. then i guess there is nothing much i can do.. to even try to make a point.. And I am sick of Ash fans giving me lectures on Choker bali, Raincoat blablabla.. you guyz are just short of calling the best actress in the history of Indian cinema.. chalo woh bhi keh do.. Aishwarya is the best actress.. and Abhi is the best actor of bollywood.. LOL Whatever, its useless to argue against such biased rants where everyone including Ajay and Kajol are untalented.. their boxoffice status in 2010 doesn't even count.. btw here's the list of top actors 2010 BOI.. abhi and ash are nowhere to be found!! and Kajol and Ajay are up there at number 2 and 5

.. par aako issey kya lena dena.. you continue with your bol bachchan.. lol... And its very easy for people to easily call Kajol's performances mediocre.. coz she has been the part of many mainstream blockbusters..and films which are part of popular culture..and those movies till today enjoy the legacy bigger than that of anything that Ash has ever done.. And Kajol was an equal part of those love stories.. she didn't have a 2 min role.. she is a great actress and is much better than Ash who is ripped apart for her wooden and plastic acting.. even til today after spending a lot of time in bolly.. Anyways enough from my side now..its useless to argue.. when you are going on and on about your bol bachchan while discarding rest of the bollywood.

ClapClapClap

yeah right Ajay and Kajol are untalented and medicore while ash-abhi are supremely talented actors on the face of earth ROFL..I dont even consider Ash an actress to begin with..She cant emote any emotion with perfection and less said about her dialogue deliver the better..Kajol is screechy ok! so what about Aishuuuuuuu's super horrendous voice modulation skills Ermm..Only cuz she keeps delivering duds after duds her fans think she is  critically acclaimed and aam junta not intelligent enough to appreciate her skills LOL..Kajol or Bebo are lesser mortals who can only deliver blockbusters ..Every one who dont bow down to Ash and her plastic acting dont deserve to watch movies ROFL

Edited by kattyluv - 23 January 2011 at 12:00am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Nuktaacheen

MaSqUeRaDe Goldie
MaSqUeRaDe
MaSqUeRaDe

Posted: 23 January 2011 at 12:11am | IP Logged
whatever! I would consider it a crime to mention Ash in the same line as Sri/Mads/Tabu/Karisma/Kajol or Bebo LOL..forget her being called best actresses..Ofcourse I will make a fool out of myself if i debate with ppl who think BnB was a hit due to Kajrare song and Abhi-ash are more talented than ajay-kadz Tongue..its better for me to stay out of this aishuuu and her parivaar mahanata topic ..why i need to laugh at myself when  thanks to some blind fangirly irrelevant arguments i read here ,,it was enough for me to have a good laugh this morning..
turqoisedress IF-Stunnerz
turqoisedress
turqoisedress

Posted: 23 January 2011 at 12:12am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Alessya

Perhaps you thought that way but there are people who have different opinions that the 50-year old aunty. Dhoom had no Hrithik but worked wonders. The film was greatly produced and had ample smooch scenes, bikini scenes, great music, trendy clothes, cool lingo etc to attract the youngsters. It defo would have worked if Hrithik wasn't there. Or even better perhaps, who knows!

Ash's 'main career' is not BW.  She started out in Tamil cinema. Did Hindi, Bengali and English films too. Just because she's based here doesn't mean her life is dependent on it. Yes, every actor has hits and flops in their career and Ash's movies since 2006 - Dhoom 2, then Guru, then Jodhaa Akbar, then Sarkar Raj, then Pink Panther 2... all were successes. So after delivering 5 hits, she gives 3 flops and 2 hits in the next year and then her power goes away? Ha! There is little to make sense of this.

I agree with Abhishek factor though. He was never lucky. He's a star perhaps because he has the surname Bachchan. He's a good actor too... it's just that he was always unlucky.

Abhi-Rani were a popular couple but their films never ran - be it Yuva or Bas Itna sa khwab hai or Laaga Chunari Mein Daag. BnB were their only hit and a major credit went to Kajra Re. I don't even think we have to debate on this. It is pretty much GK I guess.

Dhoom worked yes (it was also the better movie). Dhoom 2 was even bigger though. Btw, the director of Dhoom 2 also went and said the movie would be nothing without Hrithik (his words not mine).  It was a huge controversy because Amitabh Bachchan got super pissed off.

But she is mainly known as a Bollywood actress no? As for HW movies, the only one that worked was Pink Panther.

Btw you have only listed her hits since 2006. She also had the colossal flop Umrao Jaan and the list of HW movies that flopped (except Pink Panther 2).

What I am saying is her power is fading. The Bachchan brand isn't that big anymore. 2010 was a bad year for them. As a couple Abhi-Ash were big when they got married and for the first year after their marriage or so..

Nuktaacheen

TheDilettante IF-Rockerz

Posted: 23 January 2011 at 12:14am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

qwwwNuktaacheen

turqoisedress
turqoisedress

Posted: 23 January 2011 at 12:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by TheDilettante

Interesting debate. 

Is it India's No.1 Power Couple or Bollywood's? If it is India's then did they consider couples outside Indian film industry?

Are we analyzing only power couples from Bollywood?

I must say that Alessa has a point as Rai-Bachchan brand is powerful. Whether their movies are hit or flop, they get paid a lot, still in high demand and they rake in lot of moolah through endorsements.

Pataudi-Kapoor come close second. I don't think Devgans command stardom or power together.

Why not Aamir Khan and Kiran Rao? Aamir Khan's superstardom is indisputable. Kiran Rao was Associate Producer of blockbusters like Taare Zameen Par and Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na. Now Co-producer of Peepli Live and Director/Co-Producer of Dhobi Ghat. May be next year.

@Of course they didn't. It's Stardust.

About the Devgans, my point was BO-wise, they should be more powerful than the Bachchans.
Aamir-Kiran are good also.

TheDilettante

TheDilettante IF-Rockerz

Posted: 23 January 2011 at 12:27am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

qwwwNuktaacheen

turqoisedress
turqoisedress

Posted: 23 January 2011 at 12:45am | IP Logged

Originally posted by chocolover89

Interesting debate. 

Is it India's No.1 Power Couple or Bollywood's? If it is India's then did they consider couples outside Indian film industry?

@Of course they didn't. It's Stardust.

If it's India's Power Couple then do Rai-Bachchan stand a chance in front of Mukesh-Nita Ambani and many others? I doubt.

Stardust should just call it Bollywood Power Couple. IIFA awards are called India's Academy Awards and they don't even consider regional cinema. Why regional, they don't even consider good Hindi cinema. It's pure Bollywood entertainment that they call International Indian Film Academy (IIFA).

India is not Bollywood.

Rai-Bachchan beating Mukesh-Tina is a joke. Heck Mukesh Ambani is more powerful than Rai-Bachchan will ever be in their careers.

IIFA is a joke. It's basically the Bachchan family awards. Or was atleast.

Go to top