Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Abhi-Ash Named Power Couple + Pics! (Page 20)

ladygaga IF-Dazzler
ladygaga
ladygaga

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 11:10pm | IP Logged
More stuff... you are going around calling WAF a collosal flop.. when it hardly is....Here's the list of collosal flops of 2010

WAF is an average... stated by BOI.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

MaSqUeRaDeNuktaacheen

ladygaga IF-Dazzler
ladygaga
ladygaga

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 11:15pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Alessya

Originally posted by ladygaga

In case you forgot to read one of the articles that i posted.. its not an opinon but a fact.. said by the director of pink panther himself...

The Pink Panther 2, released at the beginning of this year, absolutely bombed by comparison. It only managed $35 million at the box office and was panned by the critics. That failure has effectively killed off any chance of more sequels, as director/producer Shawn Levy explained to MTV Movies.

"I think we've likely seen the end of this iteration of the 'Pink Panther' films. Obviously, the sequel did not strike the chord that the first movie did."

"There are theories as to why this one wasn't a hit. Sometimes, that's just how the cards fall."

"Steve Martin's Clouseau ' the joy of watching him play that guy ' was the reason I did the first movie, the reason I Executive Produced the second movie. Whether we make more 'Pink Panther' films or not, for me it was one of the truly memorable Steve Martin performances."

"I guess audiences just weren't feeling it this time around to quite the same extent."

http://snarkerati.com/movie-news/the-pink-panther-is-dead/

I have far more reliable sources -LOL

Nope I didn't look over it. the most trusted Hollywood box office site, BoxOfficeMoko confirms how much money it made http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=pinkpanther2.htm

Or even check Wiki, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pink_panther_2#Reception It made $75.871million just from the collections all over the world. And it made $6.3million for the homevideo rights - totalling $82.1million.

ITs budget is not given anywhere.. in that.. What more confirmation do you want when the director himself called it a flop and there are no sequals.. the movie is not considered anything great.. its considered as one of the worst movies of 2009... that list you gave.. is talking in terms of dvd rentals.. Face it.. If Ash was such a big bomb.. as you claim her to be in holly then.. she would have gotten more offers from holly.. but she had to come back to bolly.. coz she wasn't getting any offers there..And anyways.. you are still stuck talking about her past glory.. she had a terrible 2010.. but i guess you are going to keep on ignoring that.. well whatever suits you.. keep living in your lala land!!

MaSqUeRaDeNuktaacheen

ladygaga IF-Dazzler
ladygaga
ladygaga

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 11:17pm | IP Logged

More stuff... you are going around calling WAF a collosal flop.. when it hardly is....Here's the list of collosal flops of 2010

WAF is an average... stated by BOI.

Oh yeah, check this then http://ibosnetwork.com/newsmanager/templates/template1.aspx?a=22193&z=4 Just read the headline. It is enough. LOL

IBOS is a biased website bent towards bachchans.. thats why i guess you are a regular visitor.. BOI and bollywoodhungama are the best bolly websites for boxoffice and they have declared it as an AVERAGE!! IBOS has even declared MNIK as a flop.. when it is declared a HIT by everyone.. and it is a hit!

Edited by ladygaga - 22 January 2011 at 11:17pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Nuktaacheen

zainab25 IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 11:19pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Nuktaacheen--ania--eraser

eraser IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 11:23pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

NuktaacheenSalma2

turqoisedress IF-Stunnerz
turqoisedress
turqoisedress

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 11:25pm | IP Logged

I'm not just comparing their old movies but AbhiAsh's too. And power is not something which is gained and lost in one single year. Definitely not. If it works that way then it definitely not power. And yeah, 90% of Ajay-Kajol films together were BO flops according to BOI.

Since you asked what movies of theirs have done well together - Guru, Dhoom 2, Sarkar Raj are three. That sizzling Kajra Re song even made a below average Bunty Aur Babli into a hit.

Ajay had one of the best years in his career with 2 blockbusters, 1 hit, 1 average and 2 flops. This is a fact and nobody is denying it. He had a far better year than Salman or Sharukh or Hrithik.

But I don't buy the rest of what you say for a simple reason. You know what the cover of Stardust says? "No.1 power couple of India" not "No.1 power couple of Bollywood" So one's Indian movies come into the picture, not just Bollywood movies. That is when I include Aishwarya has had 1 all-time-blockbuster, 1 superhit, 1 critically acclaimed film and 2 flops.

Abhishek, I agree for the umpteenth time, didn't have a good year. Hopefully he'll have a good year in 2011 with many films of his up for release.

I meant their movies together as a couple. Dhoom is a brand like Golmaal and Pink Panther. It would do well anyways. Plus I think Hrithik had the biggest hand in Dhoom 2's success. The mass hysteria around his looks at the time was unparalleled. I remember in my theater, everybody started screaming the minute he entered, even this 50-year old aunty. Everyobdy I knew came out of the theater with just Hrithik's name on their lips. I don' mean that Abhi, Uday, Bips, and Ash had nothing to do with the success, but I do think that if you replaced Hrithik with someone else it wouldn't have worked as well.

Power certainly fades though. Ash's main career is in BW. If her movies start flopping there, it certainly says something about her power here. Yes it's great that she's 37 and still working, but her movies aren't working much anymore. Abhi, imo, never really had much power to begin with. He's been riding on his last name since he debuted and will until he retires.

I wouldn't say BnB is a hit only because of Kajra Re. Abhi-Rani were a pretty popular couple--much more popular than Abhi-Ash have ever been.
turqoisedress IF-Stunnerz
turqoisedress
turqoisedress

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 11:29pm | IP Logged
WAF is average according to BOI. Media reports say that its a flop.

It's kind of the same case as TMK and Anjaana Anjaani. Media reports all say that both movies are flops. In reality, TMK is a semi-hit and AA is above-average.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Nuktaacheen

MaSqUeRaDe Goldie
MaSqUeRaDe
MaSqUeRaDe

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 11:49pm | IP Logged

In case you forgot to read one of the articles that i posted.. its not an opinon but a fact.. said by the director of pink panther himself...

The Pink Panther 2, released at the beginning of this year, absolutely bombed by comparison. It only managed $35 million at the box office and was panned by the critics. That failure has effectively killed off any chance of more sequels, as director/producer Shawn Levy explained to MTV Movies.

"I think we've likely seen the end of this iteration of the 'Pink Panther' films. Obviously, the sequel did not strike the chord that the first movie did."

"There are theories as to why this one wasn't a hit. Sometimes, that's just how the cards fall."

"Steve Martin's Clouseau ' the joy of watching him play that guy ' was the reason I did the first movie, the reason I Executive Produced the second movie. Whether we make more 'Pink Panther' films or not, for me it was one of the truly memorable Steve Martin performances."

"I guess audiences just weren't feeling it this time around to quite the same extent."

http://snarkerati.com/movie-news/the-pink-panther-is-dead/

I have far more reliable sources -LOL

Nope I didn't look over it. the most trusted Hollywood box office site, BoxOfficeMoko confirms how much money it made http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=pinkpanther2.htm

Or even check Wiki, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pink_panther_2#Reception It made $75.871million just from the collections all over the world. And it made $6.3million for the homevideo rights - totalling $82.1million.

ITs budget is not given anywhere.. in that.. What more confirmation do you want when the director himself called it a flop and there are no sequals.. the movie is not considered anything great.. its considered as one of the worst movies of 2009... that list you gave.. is talking in terms of dvd rentals.. Face it.. If Ash was such a big bomb.. as you claim her to be in holly then.. she would have gotten more offers from holly.. but she had to come back to bolly.. coz she wasn't getting any offers there..And anyways.. you are still stuck talking about her past glory.. she had a terrible 2010.. but i guess you are going to keep on ignoring that.. well whatever suits you.. keep living in your lala land!!

Soo true,but guess you are banging ur head against a wall LOL..Ajay-Kajol have only flops in their entie career and BnB was a hit ONLY cuz of Kajrare song Silly..Everyone pls stop living in denial and go the visit the temple of bahurani and do paawan puja to purify ur evil minds always conspiring against holy bachchan parivar Cry

Edited by kattyluv - 22 January 2011 at 11:50pm

Go to top