Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Abhi-Ash Named Power Couple + Pics! (Page 19)

ladygaga IF-Dazzler
ladygaga
ladygaga

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 9:02pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Alessya

Originally posted by ladygaga

Originally posted by Nuktaacheen

i guess kajol and ajay fell behind because of their endorsements...  depends also on what they endorse, and how popular those brands are...!!   ash has some of the best endorsements, as far as i know... besides, kareena, katrina and priyanka...!

c'mon... munni is a song.... LOLLOLLOL   yes, it's popular, but how much did effect her overall brand value...?  doubt she can match up to A listers...!  

abhi did have movies by some of the most acclaimed directors... yes, they were flops... but as i said, overall if you consider everything... it's not as surprising either...!!

kareena and saif could have won it too... that wouldn't have been so surprising either... they have some major endoresements as well....!!

these lists are never just based on the movies and their status... many other factors also come into play naa...!!

Kajol and ajay have pretty big endorsements too.. If they fell a little behind in endorsements then they were a lot ahead in Boxoffice.. Overall they should still edge the bachchan couple over.. Munni wasn't just any song.. it was bollywood's anthem of the year.. LOL But.. we aren't talking about the power of those directors.. in those movies.. abhishek didn't get any critical acclaim and nor were they successful at boxoffice..anyways..if a person is not even good at the main job which got them fame and foture then they end up becoming just a socialite.. which is what i think bachchans are on the verge of becoming.. or have already become.. i rest my case here.. for me they aren't powerful.. i don't think they are good actors, neither do i think they (abhi-ash) are good entertainers..

Ajay Devgn and Kajol were never a power couple to begin with. Their films were 'colossal flops' starting from Hulchul, Gundaraj, Dil Kya Kare, Raju Chacha, to more recently U, me aur hum and Toonpur Ka Superhero.

Their endorsements together? I've seen their ads for Whirlpool. She endorses Knorr soup and Olay anti-aging creams I guess.

OUATIM and Golmaal were hits for Ajay. Athithi was average. Toonpur Ka Superhero and Aakrosh were flops. For Kajol, MNIK had mixed response in India but was a hit overall. WAF and Toonpur were flops again.

As far as acting is concerned, Ajay is supremely ahead of Kajol. Kajol is lucky that her chemistry with Shahrukh clicked (that's only until K3G. MNIK not included). Otherwise she has very few hits in her career.

I can sense a power couple in Sid and Deepika but they're too young and am not sure if Deepika will hang on for long. Tongue

One thing I never understand is as to why you always start going in the past. Even If we do go in the past.. Kajol is a much more  critically acclaimed and even popular actress than Ash will ever be in her entire lifetime.. and i am talking about mainstream bollywood.. not hollywood, not tollywood.. but plain old bollywood. Ajay devgan has a national award and is a waaayyyy bigger commercial actor and has a lot more critical acclaim compared to abhi! Ajay has featured in the top actors of 2010 boxoffice wise.. and so has Kajol.. and clearly Abhi and Ash have lagged behind them in every boxoffice list of bollywood.. this year.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

MaSqUeRaDeNuktaacheenMeena1

Salma2 IF-Dazzler
Salma2
Salma2

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 9:34pm | IP Logged

WAF is not a flop in india, it worked in overseas too just for Kajol factor.

I wonder why people claims, ASH has international fans. If that so, her movies should work there, what was her last hit in international market?

Ajay -Kajol is far superior in industry. Again  these stuffs don't add anything specially when this ash-abhi couple make flop after flop.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

MaSqUeRaDeladygagaNuktaacheenkoolchick

ladygaga IF-Dazzler
ladygaga
ladygaga

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 9:41pm | IP Logged

@ Alessya Oh come on.. if you are underperforming in the recent history then how can you be considered as powerful in the present.. you gotta be doing well in present too.. You are very easily calling Kajol a mediocre actress.. and also naming Ajay and Abhishek in the same line.. then i guess there is nothing much i can do.. to even try to make a point.. And I am sick of Ash fans giving me lectures on Choker bali, Raincoat blablabla.. you guyz are just short of calling the best actress in the history of Indian cinema.. chalo woh bhi keh do.. Aishwarya is the best actress.. and Abhi is the best actor of bollywood.. LOL Whatever, its useless to argue against such biased rants where everyone including Ajay and Kajol are untalented.. their boxoffice status in 2010 doesn't even count.. btw here's the list of top actors 2010 BOI.. abhi and ash are nowhere to be found!! and Kajol and Ajay are up there at number 2 and 5

.. par aako issey kya lena dena.. you continue with your bol bachchan.. lol... And its very easy for people to easily call Kajol's performances mediocre.. coz she has been the part of many mainstream blockbusters..and films which are part of popular culture..and those movies till today enjoy the legacy bigger than that of anything that Ash has ever done.. And Kajol was an equal part of those love stories.. she didn't have a 2 min role.. she is a great actress and is much better than Ash who is ripped apart for her wooden and plastic acting.. even til today after spending a lot of time in bolly.. Anyways enough from my side now..its useless to argue.. when you are going on and on about your bol bachchan while discarding rest of the bollywood.

Edited by ladygaga - 22 January 2011 at 9:42pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

MaSqUeRaDeNuktaacheenSalma2

Salma2 IF-Dazzler
Salma2
Salma2

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 9:58pm | IP Logged

geez, Robot's success is due to ash? wonder why her main industry bollywood made it as a commission earner and south version get clicked big time in south.

Chandramukhi success was due to Jothika and list goes on. All Rajini's sucesses in south are due to heroines.LOL

Pink panther success due to Ash? wonder why no movie offer didn't come to her after all. Did she get noticed in  a review of Pink panther at least?Confused Forget the film.

Shocked

Wonder why Ash-Abhi decide not to do movies together any more. May be they can't see the truth of them being a super hot powerful couple.LOL

Thanks.

Edited by Salma2 - 22 January 2011 at 10:00pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

MaSqUeRaDeNuktaacheen

Salma2 IF-Dazzler
Salma2
Salma2

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 10:30pm | IP Logged

ok fineLOL

That Jothika comment is for fun and in sarcastic manner  for your logic on ROBOT being a successful one due to ash not due to Rajini sir.Wink 

There were news, they stopped working together.  If it's false, I am eagerly waiting for see the verdict of their next ROM COM.LOL

who said, PP is not a success? What I mean was, it's not because of Ash's power in hollywood. Please read properly between the lines.Confused

Edited by Salma2 - 22 January 2011 at 10:32pm

MaSqUeRaDeNuktaacheen

turqoisedress IF-Stunnerz
turqoisedress
turqoisedress

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 10:30pm | IP Logged
I don't understand why Ajay and Kajol's old movies together are being considered for their power couple status when we were looking at Abhi-Ash's hits separately. What movie of Abhi-Ash's besides Guru has done well?

Ajay had one of the best years of his career. 2 Blockbusters, 1 hit, 1 average, 2 flops. He was praised in every single movie of his. He was possiblyTHE most bankable actor of 2010 and one of the few to actually bring in some revenue into BW when we had films flopping left and right.

Kajol had 1 hit, 1 average (according to BOI, WAF is average), 1 flop.

Based on last year alone (because this power couple status is based on the year 2010) this couple, BO wise, have more power than Abhi-Ash.

Abhishek had 1 flop, 1 disaster. Ash (in BOLLYWOOD) had 3 flops, 1 average.

I think Kajol-Ajay would have been a better contender for the award. Saif-Kareena not on last year because Saifu didn't have any releases. Salman-Kat would definitely have won this but they're not together anymore..Aamir-Kiran are probably going to be considered one soon as are Arbaaz-Malaika.

Edited by chocolover89 - 22 January 2011 at 10:32pm

MaSqUeRaDeNuktaacheen

ladygaga IF-Dazzler
ladygaga
ladygaga

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Nuktaacheen

ladygaga IF-Dazzler
ladygaga
ladygaga

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 11:02pm | IP Logged
In case you forgot to read one of the articles that i posted.. its not an opinon but a fact.. said by the director of pink panther himself...

The Pink Panther 2, released at the beginning of this year, absolutely bombed by comparison. It only managed $35 million at the box office and was panned by the critics. That failure has effectively killed off any chance of more sequels, as director/producer Shawn Levy explained to MTV Movies.

"I think we've likely seen the end of this iteration of the 'Pink Panther' films. Obviously, the sequel did not strike the chord that the first movie did."

"There are theories as to why this one wasn't a hit. Sometimes, that's just how the cards fall."

"Steve Martin's Clouseau ' the joy of watching him play that guy ' was the reason I did the first movie, the reason I Executive Produced the second movie. Whether we make more 'Pink Panther' films or not, for me it was one of the truly memorable Steve Martin performances."

"I guess audiences just weren't feeling it this time around to quite the same extent."

http://snarkerati.com/movie-news/the-pink-panther-is-dead/

Edited by ladygaga - 22 January 2011 at 11:03pm

MaSqUeRaDeNuktaacheen

Go to top