Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Abhi-Ash Named Power Couple + Pics! (Page 17)

qwww IF-Dazzler
qwww
qwww

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 7:58pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sweet coco

OMFG!! I couldn't agree any more...summed it up perfectly!! Guzaarish was mind blowing..I also saw the Tamil version and loved it and practically hated everything except Aishu-Vikram in the hindi version and of course Rahman's songs!!! And agree with the Robot thing...she's still in it so she does deserve credit for it's success, if we credit her with her flop films then it's only fair to credit her with her blockbuster films!!!
Kya karen  - as they say,  fools dont differ   umm great minds think alike LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ibelieveinpink

qwww IF-Dazzler
qwww
qwww

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 8:01pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by eroticlover

@qwww: She signed 3-4 films....her Shyam Benegal film starts March and then VB films start...so she's not leaving the industry anytime soon...so HAPPY!!!!

did you read another article where the Shyam Benegal film is starting for sure?  Please let me know, I am excited to read about it!  Wink

yeah...she herself said it in an interview...she said she's shooting in march post all her prior commitments and the benegal project is the only one confirmed by her....VB projects are only confirmed by VB and not Aishu, but I wanna believe she's doing both the rumored films!
Oh I didnt know she had already signed the Benegal film. I wish she would do one with VB  - hopefully she listens to you and  signs it.
ladygaga IF-Dazzler
ladygaga
ladygaga

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 8:02pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Nuktaacheen

but really... it shouldn't be that shocking... srk gauri have won it in the past, so have akki twinkle, and i am not sure about hrithik and suzanne.... but in case of twinkle/akki, and gauri/srk, twinkle and gauri hardly contribute anything to the brand value.... i don't think it's just based on the hits, or flops... it's overall brand value, including how much they are in demand, and of course, endorsements...

as far as how long a career she is going to enjoy, that time will tell only... will depend on the outcome of her coming up movies, but she sure does has her date diary full as of now...!!

But N what about Kajol and Ajay.. they had a great 2010.. Ajay had OUATIM, Raajneeti.. kajol had MNIK.. even WAF is an average..and she got good reviews for her performances.. they both are brilliant actors.. and they are very popular too.. they have many brand endorsements.. also. I would even give it to Malliaka and Arbaaz.. malliaka had munni.. and arbaaz did a brilliant job with dabang.. but kajol ajay rule.. it wasn't bachchan's year.. like it never is.. lol.. but it just wasn't abhi didn't even have a single hit.. and ash again not a single hit in bolly.. how is their power justified.. when they  were not even successful.. in their main job..

Edited by ladygaga - 22 January 2011 at 8:04pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

MaSqUeRaDeNuktaacheenSalma2

ibelieveinpink IF-Stunnerz
ibelieveinpink
ibelieveinpink

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 8:08pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by qwww

OMFG!! I couldn't agree any more...summed it up perfectly!! Guzaarish was mind blowing..I also saw the Tamil version and loved it and practically hated everything except Aishu-Vikram in the hindi version and of course Rahman's songs!!! And agree with the Robot thing...she's still in it so she does deserve credit for it's success, if we credit her with her flop films then it's only fair to credit her with her blockbuster films!!!
Kya karen  - as they say,  fools dont differ   umm great minds think alike LOL
So true!!!Big smile
ibelieveinpink IF-Stunnerz
ibelieveinpink
ibelieveinpink

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 8:08pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by qwww

Originally posted by eroticlover

@qwww: She signed 3-4 films....her Shyam Benegal film starts March and then VB films start...so she's not leaving the industry anytime soon...so HAPPY!!!!

did you read another article where the Shyam Benegal film is starting for sure?  Please let me know, I am excited to read about it!  Wink

yeah...she herself said it in an interview...she said she's shooting in march post all her prior commitments and the benegal project is the only one confirmed by her....VB projects are only confirmed by VB and not Aishu, but I wanna believe she's doing both the rumored films!
Oh I didnt know she had already signed the Benegal film. I wish she would do one with VB  - hopefully she listens to you and  signs it.
I hope she does both the Hrithik and Saif rumored films...fingers crossed!!!

qwww

Nuktaacheen IF-Dazzler
Nuktaacheen
Nuktaacheen

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 8:12pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ladygaga

but really... it shouldn't be that shocking... srk gauri have won it in the past, so have akki twinkle, and i am not sure about hrithik and suzanne.... but in case of twinkle/akki, and gauri/srk, twinkle and gauri hardly contribute anything to the brand value.... i don't think it's just based on the hits, or flops... it's overall brand value, including how much they are in demand, and of course, endorsements...

as far as how long a career she is going to enjoy, that time will tell only... will depend on the outcome of her coming up movies, but she sure does has her date diary full as of now...!!

But N what about Kajol and Ajay.. they had a great 2010.. Ajay had OUATIM, Raajneeti.. kajol had MNIK.. even WAF is an average..and she got good reviews for her performances.. they both are brilliant actors.. and they are very popular too.. they have many brand endorsements.. also. I would even give it to Malliaka and Arbaaz.. malliaka had munni.. and arbaaz did a brilliant job with dabang.. but kajol ajay rule.. it wasn't bachchan's year.. like it never is.. lol.. but it just wasn't abhi didn't even have a single hit.. and ash again not a single hit in bolly.. how is their power justified.. when they  were not even successful.. in their main job..

i guess kajol and ajay fell behind because of their endorsements...  depends also on what they endorse, and how popular those brands are...!!   ash has some of the best endorsements, as far as i know... besides, kareena, katrina and priyanka...!

c'mon... munni is a song.... LOLLOLLOL   yes, it's popular, but how much did effect her overall brand value...?  doubt she can match up to A listers...!  

abhi did have movies by some of the most acclaimed directors... yes, they were flops... but as i said, overall if you consider everything... it's not as surprising either...!!

kareena and saif could have won it too... that wouldn't have been so surprising either... they have some major endoresements as well....!!

these lists are never just based on the movies and their status... many other factors also come into play naa...!!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

_roseqwwwibelieveinpink

ladygaga IF-Dazzler
ladygaga
ladygaga

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 8:20pm | IP Logged

i guess kajol and ajay fell behind because of their endorsements...  depends also on what they endorse, and how popular those brands are...!!   ash has some of the best endorsements, as far as i know... besides, kareena, katrina and priyanka...!

c'mon... munni is a song.... LOLLOLLOL   yes, it's popular, but how much did effect her overall brand value...?  doubt she can match up to A listers...!  

abhi did have movies by some of the most acclaimed directors... yes, they were flops... but as i said, overall if you consider everything... it's not as surprising either...!!

kareena and saif could have won it too... that wouldn't have been so surprising either... they have some major endoresements as well....!!

these lists are never just based on the movies and their status... many other factors also come into play naa...!!

Kajol and ajay have pretty big endorsements too.. If they fell a little behind in endorsements then they were a lot ahead in Boxoffice.. Overall they should still edge the bachchan couple over.. Munni wasn't just any song.. it was bollywood's anthem of the year.. LOL But.. we aren't talking about the power of those directors.. in those movies.. abhishek didn't get any critical acclaim and nor were they successful at boxoffice..anyways..if a person is not even good at the main job which got them fame and foture then they end up becoming just a socialite.. which is what i think bachchans are on the verge of becoming.. or have already become.. i rest my case here.. for me they aren't powerful.. i don't think they are good actors, neither do i think they (abhi-ash) are good entertainers..

Edited by ladygaga - 22 January 2011 at 8:22pm

MaSqUeRaDe

Nuktaacheen IF-Dazzler
Nuktaacheen
Nuktaacheen

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 8:27pm | IP Logged

Kajol and ajay have pretty big endorsements too.. If they fell a little behind in endorsements then they were a lot ahead in Boxoffice.. Overall they should still edge the bachchan couple over.. Munni wasn't just any song.. it was bollywood's anthem of the year.. LOL But.. we aren't talking about the power of those directors.. in those movies.. abhishek didn't get any critical acclaim and nor were they successful at boxoffice..anyways..if a person is not even good at the main job which got them fame and foture then they end up becoming just a socialite.. which is what i think bachchans are on the verge of becoming.. or have already become.. i rest my case here.. for me they aren't powerful.. i don't think they are good actors, neither do i think they are good entertainers..

agar duniya humaare soochne pe chalti, to kya hi baat thi....!   WinkLOLLOLLOL

brand brand pe depend karta hai naa... i don't know the names of the brands they endorse... i just know that abhi/ash do get paid a lot more money than kajol/ajay for their endorsements.... so obviously, that increases their brand value...

anyways... it's just a list... some may not like it, but fact remains, that the name bachchan does hold a lot more clout than some of the other names, as of now, anyways...!!  

qwww

Go to top