Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Abhi-Ash Named Power Couple + Pics! (Page 12)

Katalicious IF-Sizzlerz
Katalicious
Katalicious

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 4:46pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Nuktaacheen

Originally posted by KatForeva

Sorry yaarSmile
I didn't read....which makes me even more guiltyEmbarrassed

hey kiddo, don't worry about it...!!   Big smile

even i didn't read... EmbarrassedLOLLOL   but basically skimmed through... debate does look interesting, but i don't have time to read through all the posts... yes, yes... i'm lazy... but i'm a bit busy... EmbarrassedLOLLOLLOL

even saif kareena have won power couple award, and so have salman katrina... i've still to figure out what basis they use to calculate power... i doubt it's E equals m times c square... WinkLOLLOLLOLLOL

teekh hai MUMMAWink

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Nuktaacheen

Dastaan23 Goldie

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 4:49pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Nuktaacheen

ladygaga IF-Dazzler
ladygaga
ladygaga

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 4:49pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Alessya

Originally posted by ladygaga

@ Alessya My posts don't have any incorrect info but you are again and again shoving us with your rants about her hits down south.. and her hollywood stints.. and her PAST legacy. Guzaarish isn't the most critically acclaimed movie of 2010, and neither is Aishwary'a performance in Guzaarish the most critically acclaimed performance of the year!! Vidya Balan's performance in Ishqiya has been praised and appreciated much more by the critics, the movie also was an average to above average at boxoffice.. and the movie did lie on Vidya's shoulders. So in terms of Acting Vidya balan does take the cake in 2010 in terms of star power and hits! Kareena kapoor's Golmaal and Katrina Kaif's raajeeti were big hits. Ash might work in places other than bollywood.. but when we are talking about power in bollywood in 2011 its silly to consider her hits down south or to talk  about her past glory to justify her star power in 2011 in Bollywood!

She won the critics' choice best actress award at Apsara and Best actress(Jury) at Zee. Even her chemistry with Hrithik was appreciated, winning the best jodi awards. Yes, the film received very few mixed reviews but then someone like Anupama who thought the film could've been better totally raved about Aishwarya's performance in the film.

And I'm not talking about her power in Bollywood alone. Why exclude South and the overseas? Just because she is powerful in those areas? Haha. She is a universal superstar in the right sense. One wouldn't know a Kareena or a Priyanka or a Katrina down South because they barely watch Bollywood films. Everyone knows Aishwarya in the South because she's had an 80% success rate in the South. So if South is still a part of India, it has to be counted! LOL

Simply beacause we are talking about her star power in bollywood.. i dunno how many times do i even have to mention it... Take anil kapoor for instance.. he does bollywood and hollywood movies.. his slumdog millionaire has made enough money.. that most bollywood movies can never even dream of making.. Does that mean we have to consider Anil kapoor as the most powerful Actor in bolly?? No.. Does he win awards for being the most powerful actor?? NO So why should we keep on giving such awards to Ash just coz she did 3 holly movies once upon a time..and if her movies were hit down south.. then that has got nothing to do with her power in bollywood.. We have more powerful actresses than..her.. for ex Katrina, Kareena.. who have much bigger box office pull in bollywood.. And another thing.. to win an award for the most powerful couple.. the other half also has to do something... But what is the credibitily of Abhishek bachchan??? He did not have any hits in the entire solar system in 2010.. forget overseas.. southindia and what not.. LOL

Edited by ladygaga - 22 January 2011 at 4:51pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Kim75koolchick--ania--

Nuktaacheen IF-Dazzler
Nuktaacheen
Nuktaacheen

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 4:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Adhuri-Daastan

Nuktaa ji always knows how to defuse a situation :D

obviously, N ji has kids... experience counts...!   WinkLOLLOLLOL

thanks A... HugHug

qwww

~*simran*~ IF-Rockerz

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 4:57pm | IP Logged

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

qwwwNuktaacheen--ania--koolchickibelieveinpink

Dastaan23 Goldie

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 4:57pm | IP Logged

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

qwwwNuktaacheenkoolchick

ladygaga IF-Dazzler
ladygaga
ladygaga

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 5:00pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by smartie_pants

duuuudee....*cries in frustration*...ravoi chandamama was 11 years ago....and it wasnt even a hit...neither the film, nor her song...

and hello...ladygaga said anupama chopra's actual rating was 2.75...so yes...tht is pretty average...and yes...3/5 is average considering she didnt praise the film to the skies like she did with udaan, which is critically acclaimed in the truest sense...

Did people watch De Dana Dan or Partner or Welcome because Katrina was in it? NO....yeh u say and we all believe it...and AGAIN....we are talking abt THIS YEAR!!!!*2nd cry in frustration*

well good for her making bunty aur babli a superhit...but how long ago was it??? oh wait.....5 years ago....

yes...the last point is correct....so neither was it a critically acclaimed year, nor a commercially successful year for her...so i wonder wht tht means...

It was 12 years ago. The film was not a hit but her song was a chartbuster! Just like what happened with TMK and Sheila Ki Jawani.

I'm not saying she praised it to the skies. She was one of the very few who didn't like the film. Despite not liking the film much she gave a 2.75 rating and gave a thumbs up to Aishwarya's performance. Most of the others hailed it as much as they did Udaan. Btw, even Udaan got a 3/5 review from Filmfare.

The last point means that she found both commercial success and critical acclaim but not together! :)

COrrection Correction.. Nowhere in the world did guzaarish ever get as much critical acclaim as Udaan.. This is a website that includes the average rating of the movies based on the reviews of the biggest critics..

Guzaarish has: 2.87/5

And Udaan has: 3.92/5

So tadaa the clear winner is Udaan here.. and Peepli has even better rating than Udaan.
ladygaga IF-Dazzler
ladygaga
ladygaga

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 5:03pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by ladygaga

Simply beacause we are talking about her star power in bollywood.. i dunno how many times do i even have to mention it... Take anil kapoor for instance.. he does bollywood and hollywood movies.. his slumdog millionaire has made enough money.. that most bollywood movies can never even dream of making.. Does that mean we have to consider Anil kapoor as the most powerful Actor in bolly?? No.. Does he win awards for being the most powerful actor?? NO So why should we keep on giving such awards to Ash just coz she did 3 holly movies once upon a time..and if her movies were hit down south.. then that has got nothing to do with her power in bollywood.. We have more powerful actresses than..her.. for ex Katrina, Kareena.. who have much bigger box office pull in bollywood.. And another thing.. to win an award for the most powerful couple.. the other half also has to do something... But what is the credibitily of Abhishek bachchan??? He did not have any hits in the entire solar system in 2010.. forget overseas.. southindia and what not.. LOL

Kareena has a much bigger box office pull? WAF, MAMK, Kurbaan, Milenge Milenge and the list goes on and on. In fact, you can call her the female Abhishek Bachchan.

Yes, I agree Abhishek did not give hits, but then he has always been like that! And why should he care whether his films work or not when he has a father and a wife like them? Tongue

Btw, who in your opinion is the most powerful couple and why?

Katrina topped the top actresses poll of 2010 by BOI followed by Kareena Kapoor.. and again you are going in past.. we are talking about the present scenario..

About who is the most powerful couple.. i dunno.. i cannot give an answer without analyzing all the facts.. but it definately isn't the flop briagade of bachchans for sure. LOL

Edited by ladygaga - 22 January 2011 at 5:03pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Kim75Katalicious

Go to top