Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ibelieveinpink thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Originally posted by: Alessya

Hello.

We, members, were debating whether AbhiAsh are the No.1 couple or not. But the debate was mostly about how Aishwarya's films fared at BO this year.

My arguement was that Ash had the biggest blockbuster of all time 'Robot', superhit Raavanan, critically acclaimed Guzaarish and two flops Action Replayy and Raavan.

Many people disagreed and we had a lot of debate about it. Well, I don't know about them but I still maintain my stand that Aishwarya had the best 2010 among all other top actresses.

I also think Aishwarya constitues 80% of the power that Abhi-Ash has, which makes them the No.1 Power couple. Forget Abhishek, Aishwarya herself is enough to edge out other couples like Saifeena, Shayanka (is that how you call them?), Bipon/Johnasha.

That's the recap. 😊

thanks!! I agree Robot def counts...biggest blockbuster ever!!! And Aishu was def among the best!!! Too bad I missed the debate....I hate that school started again....missing out on most of the FUN!!!! 
ibelieveinpink thumbnail

Originally posted by: qwww

Since you asked and the kids are in bed  let me try.
I think this whole power couple thing is over rated. There is no clear criteria for it is there?  So anyone and everyone takes up their favorites and makes them a power couple.
If its power couple in Bollywood. Abhi- Ash IMO are overated at this time. She overshadows him a lot at this time. If he has a  couple of hits soon then the equation may change.  Saif and Kareena would have suited the title better. But I am not taking into account their endorsments etc.
Aishwarya again IMO has done won wonderfully for herself in Bollywood. That she had 4 big releases at age 37 is a great feat. But I dont see her lasting beyond a year or two.

Coming to her movies this year -
Guzaarish  - I liked her acting in it  - it was subtle. I think she usually overacts so this was very good for me.
Action replay - what an idiotic script. It was so disjointed I am wondering if they did any editing of the movie. No wonder if tanked.
Raavanan -Liked it. Thought she was good in it.  I didnt watch the Hindi version so have no clue if her acting was bad there.
Robot  - It was all Rajani but hey all our top actresses have had blockbusters play second fiddle to the Heroes so this is no different.
I think she had a decent year.Hope she signs a few movies this year.

OMFG!! I couldn't agree any more...summed it up perfectly!! Guzaarish was mind blowing..I also saw the Tamil version and loved it and practically hated everything except Aishu-Vikram in the hindi version and of course Rahman's songs!!! And agree with the Robot thing...she's still in it so she does deserve credit for it's success, if we credit her with her flop films then it's only fair to credit her with her blockbuster films!!!
_rose thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
😆 Nice debate. I agree with Alessya!! I think Aishwarya had the best year in India ðŸ˜ƒ of all actresses. But Lol I don't think Abhi and Aish are a power couple, never thought that ever.. Aishwarya had all the power.. Abhi is a good actor.. but if  he wasn't big b son, I really think, he wouldn't have a chance becoming an actor.. but he is.. so he is lucky and has the most beautiful wife!! Nice cover!!
ibelieveinpink thumbnail
@qwww: She signed 3-4 films....her Shyam Benegal film starts March and then VB films start...so she's not leaving the industry anytime soon...so HAPPY!!!!
ibelieveinpink thumbnail

Originally posted by: sapna27

😆 Nice debate. I agree with Alessya!! I think Aishwarya had the best year in India ðŸ˜ƒ of all actresses. But Lol I don't think Abhi and Aish are a power couple, never thought that ever.. Aishwarya had all the power.. Abhi is a good actor.. but if  he wasn't big b son, I really think, he wouldn't have a chance becoming an actor.. but he is.. so he is lucky and has the most beautiful wife!! Nice cover!!

they are a power couple b/c she's one of the most iconic actresses and he's a Bachchan....just that surname alone comes with a lot of power!! I do agree with some of the criticism, but I love them so my opinion is a 1000% bias!!!😆

Originally posted by: sweet coco

@qwww: She signed 3-4 films....her Shyam Benegal film starts March and then VB films start...so she's not leaving the industry anytime soon...so HAPPY!!!!

did you read another article where the Shyam Benegal film is starting for sure?  Please let me know, I am excited to read about it!  😉
Edited by eroticlover - 13 years ago
whats a power couple again?
ibelieveinpink thumbnail

Originally posted by: eroticlover

did you read another article where the Shyam Benegal film is starting for sure?  Please let me know, I am excited to read about it!  😉

yeah...she herself said it in an interview...she said she's shooting in march post all her prior commitments and the benegal project is the only one confirmed by her....VB projects are only confirmed by VB and not Aishu, but I wanna believe she's doing both the rumored films!
If Aishwarya retires anytime soon, I'll be very very mad.
_rose thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sweet coco

they are a power couple b/c she's one of the most iconic actresses and he's a Bachchan....just that surname alone comes with a lot of power!! I do agree with some of the criticism, but I love them so my opinion is a 1000% bias!!!😆

Lol if you look at that way... you're right..😆 Bachchan name is powerfull of course 😃 So yeah that makes them powerfull together... Like I said Abhi is lucky he is Big B son.. even Abhi admits its!