Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Prayers time for Kapoor Family

ZoobiDoobi IF-Addictz
ZoobiDoobi
ZoobiDoobi

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 7:12am | IP Logged

Thursday, January 20, 2011 | 10:10:13 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   Comments 27 Comments

The Kapoors are undoubtedly the first off-screen Bollywood family the Indian film industry saw...

The Kapoors are undoubtedly the first off-screen Bollywood family the Indian film industry saw. A family that has given many generations of successful and talented actors and actresses to the industry. The present line includes Karishma Kapoor, Kareena Kapoor and Ranbir Kapoor, all of whom are indisputably ruling the showbiz town.

However, the elders of the family are facing tough times. The brother duo, Shammi and Shashi Kapoor are currently not in the best of health. It's prayers time for the entire Kapoor khandan.

Last month, Shammi Kapoor was diagnosed with acute kidney failure which has led to many trips to and fro from the hospital's ICU. On the other hand, Shashi Kapoor is in a critical state as well. Both the legendary actors have requested their families not to take them abroad for further treatment, as they wish to spend some quality time in their homeland with the whole Kapoor family and friends close by.

We wish both the legendary actors a speedy recovery and know that entire nation is praying for them.

-----------------------

Kapoor Khandaan has always entertained us beginning from 1930s. Shammi Kapoor, is one of a kind. An "original". He blended youthful freshness with his unique style rooted in time, place and his own talents. Shammi Kapoor revolutionised the concept of romance in Hindi films and he expanded the scope and function of the filmi song sequence. Shammi was extremely versatile as an actor. 1957 Tumsa Nahin Dekha Ameeta Ameeta, 1959 Dil Deke Dekho Asha Parekh, Bhumika, 1961 Junglee Saira Banu, 1962 China Town Shakira, 1962 Professor Kalpana, 1964 Rajkumar Sadhana, 1966 Teesri Manzil Asha Parekh, 1967 An Evening In Paris Sharmila Tagore, 1968 Bramhachari Rajshree, 1971 Andaaz Hema Malini.

Famouse songs of Shammi Kapoor

Yahoo, chahe koi mujhe Junglee Mohammed Rafi

Baar baar dekho China Town Mohammed Rafi

Tareef karoon kya uski Kashmir Ki Kali Mohammed Rafi

Aaja aaja Teesri Mazil Mohammed Rafi, Asha Bhosle

Aaj kal tere mere pyar ke charche Bramhachari Mohammed Rafi, Suman Kalyanpur

Ishaaron Ishaaron Mein Dil - Kashmir Ki Kali

Shashi Kapoor, as the name suggests, is one of the members of the much respected and much acclaimed 'Kapoor' family of Bollywood. He is the younger brother of the legendary actors, Raj Kapoor and Shammi Kapoor and the son of Prithvi Raj Kapoor. Who can forget his dialogue in 'Deewar', 'Mere paas maa hai', quoted by people till date! his most famous movies include Waqt (1965), Deewaar (1975), Kabhi Kabhie (1976), Trishul (1978), Satyam Shivam Sundaram (1978), Kaala Patthar (1979), Shaan (1980) and Namak Halaal (1982).

Famouse songs of Shammi Kapoor

Tera mujhse hai pehle ka naata koi (Aa Gale Lag Jaa, 1973)

Vaada Karo (Aa Gale Lag Jaa, 1973)

Likhe jo khat tujhe (Kanyadaan, 1969)

Le jayenge le jayenge dilwale dulhaniya le jayenge ( Chor Machaye Shor, 1974)

Tum bin jaun kahan (Pyar Ka Mausam, 1969)

Hai Hai Yeh Majboori - Roti Kapda Aur Makan

O meri o mero o  meri Sharmilee

Kabhie kabhie mere  dil mein

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

MrsNealCaffrey

-Sakina- IF-Sizzlerz
-Sakina-
-Sakina-

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 7:26am | IP Logged
This is indeed very tragic.I truly heart Shammiji ans Shashiji...they're great personalities and have truly made a place in all our hearts...

This is indeed sad....

I pray for their speedy recovery.May God give them strength to cope up with the treatment,and strength to the Kapoors as well.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

girlpower2101miley cyruszaara.khan-SMay31-friends_rockruky786ZoobiDoobi

ZoobiDoobi IF-Addictz
ZoobiDoobi
ZoobiDoobi

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 7:27am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Sakina-

This is indeed very tragic.I truly heart Shammiji ans Shashiji...they're great personalities and have truly made a place in all our hearts...

This is indeed sad....

I pray for their speedy recovery.May God give them strength to cope up with the treatment,and strength to the Kapoors as well.

Thank you Sakina. It is indeed sad to see them suffering. Thanks for ur prayers!

-Sakina-

-Sakina- IF-Sizzlerz
-Sakina-
-Sakina-

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 7:33am | IP Logged
I truly  feel for them.I love Ranbir,na...so i feel a special connection with all the Kapoors...i really hope they get well soon...

Edited by -Sakina- - 21 January 2011 at 7:33am
ZoobiDoobi IF-Addictz
ZoobiDoobi
ZoobiDoobi

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 7:35am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Sakina-

I truly  feel for them.I love Ranbir,na...so i feel a special connection with all the Kapoors...i really hope they get well soon...

Well i'm a huge Bebo fan. But apart from that, I've seen many films of Shashi and Shammi, So I like both of them.

In fact I had a huge crush on Shashi Kapoor after watching his movies back to back last year. Embarrassed

God be with them.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Sakina-.khoobsurat.

mj_applehead Goldie
mj_applehead
mj_applehead

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 8:19am | IP Logged
am praying for both of them.hope they get well soon.

ZoobiDoobi

glitters IF-Dazzler
glitters
glitters

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 8:51am | IP Logged
Hope they both get well soon :(

Shammi ji is always so adorable on twitter.

ZoobiDoobi

ruky786 IF-Stunnerz
ruky786
ruky786

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 8:56am | IP Logged
I hope they both (Insha allah) get well soon. I have been a massive fan of Shammi Kapoor since my dad told me about Mohd Rafi and the great songs they did together

ZoobiDoobi

Go to top