India-Forums

Whats with Sujatas daughter (Page 2)

.Arjun IF-Rockerz

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 11:03am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Sneha25-TheDilettanteIsha.Isha

pratts Senior Member
pratts
pratts

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 1:23pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sbanik

Originally posted by purva

[QUOTE=pratts]

One thing I disagree about is "why study if you want to get married right away".. I think basic education is necessary in today's world.. no matter if you are making a career out of it or not.. it gives you more exposure.. makes you more confident and it never goes waste for sure.. life is very unpredictable and you never know what future folds for you.. god forbid if a women faces some rough times in future and has to stand on her own two feet to support her family.. the education she has had definitely puts her in better position.. so I kind of agree with Sujata hereSmile

@Red....,  I agree with you Purva. Very well said. Education does instill confidence and it never ever goes waste. Point nicely proven.Clap

My point here is how can an educated girl's ambition in life in today's day and age be I Want To Get Married and Be a Good Mother.  Everybody gets married and marriage will eventually happen but that is your sole goal in life.  that is ridiculous.  Tehre is more to life than marriage and children--a point she still has not understood despite education and by the time she does realize it--even with her education there will be much more groundwork to do.  Thats all I was trying to say.  If you are educated, put it to use, with the cost of education today the least we girls must do is prove to our parents that our education goes beyond teaching our children and sitting at home--that education is a path ot self-empowerment and a source of courage, confidence and our only true wealth in life because people can steal everything you own but no one can steal your education.  Something so precious is not to keep covered in some closet.  Degrees should go beyond laminated frames.

Who lights a lamp and keeps it under the table?? 

Edited by pratts - 21 January 2011 at 1:34pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-naureen786-

.shona. IF-Sizzlerz
.shona.
.shona.

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 8:09pm | IP Logged
I agree with everything the TM said except for 2 things:

1)Sitting on one's own mom's lap & crying doesn't make one immature.  As i saw it, shruti is sensitive...so i guess that's the reason she was hurt every other moment.

2) If she wants to get married after she is done with her studies, then it's her personal choice. Atleast she isn't dropping out of school or anything, it's not necessary to be a working woman always. Graduating is the most important thing & after that she can do whatever she want. I still don't get why archana would have problem with that. That lady is beyond my mindErmm

RagMasta

RagMasta IF-Sizzlerz
RagMasta
RagMasta

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 10:07pm | IP Logged
I do agree that she was rude to Archana..

But i liked the emotional part where she cried on her moms lap..at that moment she realized how much she loves her, and missed her..and appreciates having her as a mother..

Her Bro was really cool! Veryy normal haha
pratts Senior Member
pratts
pratts

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 10:58pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by _-sHoNaa-_

I agree with everything the TM said except for 2 things:

1)Sitting on one's own mom's lap & crying doesn't make one immature.  As i saw it, shruti is sensitive...so i guess that's the reason she was hurt every other moment.

2) If she wants to get married after she is done with her studies, then it's her personal choice. Atleast she isn't dropping out of school or anything, it's not necessary to be a working woman always. Graduating is the most important thing & after that she can do whatever she want. I still don't get why archana would have problem with that. That lady is beyond my mindErmm

Thanks shona for agreeing but why thought her crying part wierd is because
1.  I found her pretty insensitive and immature-the way she was behaving with archana and shouting at her brother for no reason
2.  She studies in a hostel and is away from her mother quite a while, so I missed you so much in eight days I found a little OTT.  If she was 11 or 12 I would have found it sweet.  But she was just away for eight days and for a preplanned reason--So I just did not get the so much crying part.
3. And being a homemaker is not what my problem here, being a homemaker is a full time job in itself and something to be proud of, but after education all girls must have some experience of working--That is what gives them the sense of independence and confidence and I feel all parents must encourage their daughters to spend at least a year or two in the job market and then take it from there whatever they want to do, marry, continue working, be a homemaker or whatever.  Working is not the issue.  Exposure to the outside world in the outside world is what I feel is important.  Packing the girl off from one house to another will never give her the exposure and confidence that she needs to know that she can be independent and have her own identity--Sujata is a very dynamic lady, handling many aspects of life, she is a mother and wife but still has kept a part of her identity through her dance and I think she should encourage that in her daughter too to seek and instill in her a sense of self-worth and identity.

Rasny

sgodisha Newbie
sgodisha
sgodisha

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 8:48pm | IP Logged

Thanks shona for agreeing but why thought her crying part wierd is because
1.  I found her pretty insensitive and immature-the way she was behaving with archana and shouting at her brother for no reason
2.  She studies in a hostel and is away from her mother quite a while, so I missed you so much in eight days I found a little OTT.  If she was 11 or 12 I would have found it sweet.  But she was just away for eight days and for a preplanned reason--So I just did not get the so much crying part.
3. And being a homemaker is not what my problem here, being a homemaker is a full time job in itself and something to be proud of, but after education all girls must have some experience of working--That is what gives them the sense of independence and confidence and I feel all parents must encourage their daughters to spend at least a year or two in the job market and then take it from there whatever they want to do, marry, continue working, be a homemaker or whatever.  Working is not the issue.  Exposure to the outside world in the outside world is what I feel is important.  Packing the girl off from one house to another will never give her the exposure and confidence that she needs to know that she can be independent and have her own identity--Sujata is a very dynamic lady, handling many aspects of life, she is a mother and wife but still has kept a part of her identity through her dance and I think she should encourage that in her daughter too to seek and instill in her a sense of self-worth and identity.
[/QUOTE]

Hi Pratts,
I agree with you. I also think that Shruti seeks attention at any given chance as she has been craving for it. For instance, she was crying complaining of Archana being partial to her brother...She resorts to "crying" and maybe "lying" to seek attention. She is very immature and has lots of growing up to do mentally. 
My 2 cents :)

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

prattsRasny

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Maa Exchange Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index