Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 13 years ago

Somewhere in a plush South Bombay night club a young 22 year old over doses on drugs. Somewhere else a drunken 20 year old runs over sleeping street dwellers. Somewhere else a small group of 18 year olds get into a rabid fight after a rock concert - the rich in the city are getting richer by the day - their crimes are getting more random & more uncontrollable - the cops in the city are not able to deal with it - they cannot relate to the rich youth - they cannot understand their problems & they cannot help them in any possible way. Not only can they not understand or relate to them but they are also unable to investigate these crimes thanks to the clout and connections the rich criminals have. And this leads to immense frustration in the police force.

Senior Inspector Damodar Deshmukh is one such frustrated, honest cop who is unable to deal with the aggravation of having unsolved cases which remain unsolved because of the various obstructions that the rich are able to put in the path of his investigations. But what is one lone cop to do? Specially when he has no access to the worlds of the rich – in fact he has no access into their minds either. As he puts it, he can still understand crimes which have a motivation of hunger, greed, need – crimes committed daily by the poor, the dispossessed, the homeless. But he cannot understand why the rich, priveleged people commit crimes. And he cannot understand how to deal with it. That is until the day five young criminals with priveleged backgrounds land up in his police station lock up.

Hameer Rizvi, Uttara Bakshi, Mohit Kishenchandani, Ayush Khetarpal and Dilnaaz Shroff are five youngsters who have been arrested for various offenses ranging from drunken driving and internet hacking to theft and arson. Deshmukh's simmering anger and annoyance at yet another manifestation of the crimes of the rich and priveleged turns to an inspiration which prompts him to use these youngsters to solve his current case - a seemingly pointless crime by an annonymous criminal who seems to belong to their background. He uses the threat of prison to convince them to help him gain access into the world of this criminal.

The five reluctant youngsters embark on this adventure initially to save their own skins but over a period of time they the reasons change going from sheer enjoyment to a sense of purpose to loyalty for Deshmukh who ultimately becomes a mentor.

Khote Sikkey is the story of this unlikely gang – five priveleged youngsters and one stubborn cop who manage to solve various crimes in an unorthodox manner but emerge victorious.

ssdtvgojan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: *Shruti*

Somewhere in a plush South Bombay night club a young 22 year old over doses on drugs. Somewhere else a drunken 20 year old runs over sleeping street dwellers. Somewhere else a small group of 18 year olds get into a rabid fight after a rock concert - the rich in the city are getting richer by the day - their crimes are getting more random & more uncontrollable - the cops in the city are not able to deal with it - they cannot relate to the rich youth - they cannot understand their problems & they cannot help them in any possible way. Not only can they not understand or relate to them but they are also unable to investigate these crimes thanks to the clout and connections the rich criminals have. And this leads to immense frustration in the police force.

Senior Inspector Damodar Deshmukh is one such frustrated, honest cop who is unable to deal with the aggravation of having unsolved cases which remain unsolved because of the various obstructions that the rich are able to put in the path of his investigations. But what is one lone cop to do? Specially when he has no access to the worlds of the rich ' in fact he has no access into their minds either. As he puts it, he can still understand crimes which have a motivation of hunger, greed, need ' crimes committed daily by the poor, the dispossessed, the homeless. But he cannot understand why the rich, priveleged people commit crimes. And he cannot understand how to deal with it. That is until the day five young criminals with priveleged backgrounds land up in his police station lock up.

Hameer Rizvi, Uttara Bakshi, Mohit Kishenchandani, Ayush Khetarpal and Dilnaaz Shroff are five youngsters who have been arrested for various offenses ranging from drunken driving and internet hacking to theft and arson. Deshmukh's simmering anger and annoyance at yet another manifestation of the crimes of the rich and priveleged turns to an inspiration which prompts him to use these youngsters to solve his current case - a seemingly pointless crime by an annonymous criminal who seems to belong to their background. He uses the threat of prison to convince them to help him gain access into the world of this criminal.

The five reluctant youngsters embark on this adventure initially to save their own skins but over a period of time they the reasons change going from sheer enjoyment to a sense of purpose to loyalty for Deshmukh who ultimately becomes a mentor.

Khote Sikkey is the story of this unlikely gang ' five priveleged youngsters and one stubborn cop who manage to solve various crimes in an unorthodox manner but emerge victorious.

Looks nice Shru, This time i am going to catch the YRF shows😊

shruti thumbnail
Telly actors get on the stage.
Buzz up!

TV actors Ashiesh Roy, Shweta Gulati and Karan Mehra were part of the cast of the play Wife Time Trouble of which a special show was held at the annual National Defense Academy entertainment fest, Pune. It was the debut stage performance for Shweta Gulati who currently stars in Gilli Gilli Gappa on SAB TV.

She replaced Barka Bisht who played the role originally but could not be part of this performance as she was in Kolkata. We speak to Asheish Roy who reveals that he had to give up being a part of the reality show Zor Ka Jhatka hosted by Shah Rukh Khan to be a part of this play.

Ashiesh reveals "I had signed Zor Ka Jhatka but had to back out because I would not be able to make it in time for the play. People say I am crazy to give up a sow that is being hosted by Shah Rukh Khan and shot in Argentina; it would have been my first reality show. The play was a prior commitment and plus the show was for the defense forces so I did not think twice. We enjoy the luxury of doing reality shows because of the jawans on our border. My colleagues and me are planning to do another show at the NDA in March".

Speaking about the play Asheish says "The story is about lack of communication between couples after marriage and also lack of tolerance. The message is highlighted through a divorced couple who comes back together. It is a serious message but told in a light hearted and entertaining way. It is filled with tongue-in-cheek humour".

Ashiesh who himself is busy with his TV show Mrs and Mr Sharma Allahbadwale, is all praise for co-actors Shweta Gulati and Karan Mehra. He says " I know Shweta well because we have done two TV shows together. We prepared the play in 6 days and Shweta and Karan would attend the rehearsals after completing the shooting of Gilli Gilli Gappa and Behenein respectively. We drove down to Pune for the show and were completely fatigued but still managed to put up the performance in front of 2000 cadets after which we received a standing ovation".

The actor also shares a funny incident "Some of the cadets were punished for laughing too loudly. I was surprised to hear about this but I was told that they have to control themselves and maintain discipline. It fills you heart with pride when cadets enjoy your performance, this feeling beats the TRP's of TV".

http://www.indya.com/news/newsdetails.aspx?p=Telly-actors-get-on-the-stage&xfile=2011/January/News_20110122_40
shruti thumbnail

Dadi to speak up for Kesar

The maha episode of Mann Kee Awaaz Pratigya on STAR Plus that will be aired on Saturday has some shocking twists in store.

Viewers of the show are well aware of Shakti's plan to kill Kesar by burying her alive but sources reveal that his will be unsuccessful in his evil plans. Pratigya and Krishna will come to Kesar's rescue.

An Indya source tells us that, "Shakti ties dadi to a bamboo to stop her from saving Kesar. Ghanti dadi for the very first time will break her silence and will utter first word -Pratigya and then Pratigya and Krishna come and save Kesar They take her to the hospital and her life is saved.Dadi announces that she will give justice to Kesar."

Creative head Shadaan told us that, "In the maha episode,there will be some interesting twist coming up in which Kesar will be saved in the nick of the time and Shakti Singh will be in deep trouble.Even dadi for the first time would utter a word and then after this it would be very difficult for Sajjan Singh to save his son Shakti."

We later on spoke to Shakti Singh aka Jaswant Manoria who told us that, "I have made up my mind to kill Kesar so that I can legalize my marriage with Aarushi and so while burying Kesar ,dadi comes and then I want the audiences to watch the whole episode in which me and Sajjan Singh would be in trouble."

Pratigya aka Pooja Gor, "I have always saved Kesar didi and will save her whenever she is in trouble but I cant comment on the maha episode which is going to air this weekend and I want the audience to witness some major twist in the show.

Ghanti dadi aka Amita says "Anyone who had been in my place would speak up in such a situation. I could not bear to see Shakti burying Kesar alive. I had to save her anyhow".

Do not miss the exciting maha episode of Mann Kee Awaaz Pratigya every Monday to Friday at 10.30 pm only on STAR Plus.

Natasha Coutinho/Hill Road Media
Saturday, January 22, 2011

http://starplus.startv.in/news/1254/dadi-to-speak-up-for-kesar.aspx
shruti thumbnail
Ragini and Nirav's blind fold performance
Buzz up!

This time round the theme on Dance reality show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa was 'Colors'.

Ragini and her choreographer delivered a stupendous performance. Both Ragini and Nirav decided on the color black and performed blind-folded leaving everyone staring in disbelief.

The act depicted a world without vision hence symbolizing the color. The song that was chosen by both was "Naina Tarsenge".

When contacted Ragini she said, " It was one of the best performance by us and I felt very good because it was a tough job. But even judges liked our performances."

To watch Ragini's performance on Jhalak Dikhla Jaa tune into Sony Entertainment every Monday and Tuesday at 9 PM.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsdetails.aspx?p=Raginis-blind-performance&xfile=2011/January/News_20110122_41
DJ.. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
The story of Khottey Skikey looks run of the mill......lets see how they execute it .........

Hi Mayuri and Sudha
shruti thumbnail
Characters get new faces
Buzz up!
Natasha Coutinho

The replacement that is currently making news is that Mallika Sherawat has been replaced by Urmila Matondkar as judge on Chak Dhoom Dhoom. However replacements are nothing new in the TV industry. We take a look at some replacements in the Tellyworld that have made news.

Tere Mere Sapne - Yash Pandit replaced Saurabh Pandey as the lead character Sarju in Tere Mere Sapne on STAR Plus.There were reports that the producers were not happy with Saurabh's work and also about Saurabh's attitude problems. However Saurabh denied this and said that he had a showdown with the production house about scripts not being ready on time after which,he was replaced in the show.

http://www.indya.com/gallery/indyagallery.aspx?p=Characters-get-new-faces&aid=2508
shruti thumbnail
Ram Milayi Jodi - Sara Khan replaced lead actress Priyal Gor in Ram Milayi Jodi on Zee TV, soon after stepping out of the BIgg Boss house. There were reports that Priyal was replaced due to her tantrums and non-performance. Meanwhile Priyal went on to sign Baat Hamari Pakki Hai on Sony TV.
shruti thumbnail
Mann Kee Awaaz Pratigya- Kalpana Bora who essayed the roe of Kesar in Mann Kee Awaaz Pratigya on STAR Plus recently quit the show and has now been replaced by Aalika Sheikh. Reports suggest that Kalpana had some issues with the production house.
shruti thumbnail
Tere Liye- Neha Jagpandit who essayed the role of Nupur in Tere Liye on STAR Plus quit the show after her character started turning negative. Neha has stated that she does not want to get typecast into negative roles. Reshmi Ghosh now plays Nupur in the show.