Maduris guest list for dinner!

Armu4eva Coolbie
Armu4eva
Armu4eva

** Super Coolbie **

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 6:10am | IP Logged

I would love to invite Rani & SRK for dinner: Madhuri
Buzz up!

The dhak dhak girl is back in town and is lighting up the sets of Jhalak Dikhla Jaa 4 with her million-watt smile. While Bollywood waits for her to give a go ahead to a movie project, Madhuri Dixit Nene has been named as the brand ambassador for celebrity chef Sanjeev Kapoor's 24x7 food channel called FOOD FOOD. Madhuri believes in being happy and eating right and swears by the formula. This Marathi mulgi shares more such foodie thoughts with us?
Showing 1 of 7 images Previous    Next
Madhuri Dixit

What does food mean to you?
Food is everything. We work hard so that we can feed ourselves and I truly believe in the eat-pray-love formula and so does my family. My husband and I are foodies and food is our first preference in life. Actually, it should be everyone's.

Madhuri Dixit

You have been living in the US for almost 12 years now, do you miss Indian food?
Yes, a lot. But, my mother keeps sending me masalas so that I can cook Indian food at home. My entire family gorges on it. But eating at a dhaba is an entirely different experience and I miss that.

What are your favourite cuisines?
I am a foodie and I like everything that tastes good. But being a Maharashtrian, I like kande pohe the best.

Madhuri Dixit

What's your husband's favourite cuisine?
Shriram loves Punjabi food. His favourite is chicken tikka made by me. Even he likes eating out, but he usually loves what I cook at home.

Who is a better cook?
Shriram is a fantastic cook and that was one of the reasons behind marrying him! They say that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach, but in my case, it's the opposite (laughs).

Madhuri Dixit

What do your children love to eat?
They eat everything. They are a mixed breed. They love their pastas, sandwiches and burgers, but they are equally crazy about dal makhani and chicken tikka.

Any kitchen bloopers?
Once when I made prawn curry, I cooked the prawns like any other vegetable. I wasn't aware that prawns shouldn't be cooked beyond a certain point. When I served it, Sriram complimented me. But, it was only after I tasted it did I realise that I had messed up big time.

Madhuri Dixit

How does it feel to come back to India?
It's a different feeling. I didn't know people were missing me so much. Everyone is just showering their love on me and I feel blessed. Thank God that I stay abroad, roz dekhenge toh shayad itna pyaar na de (laughs). But, it feels great to be back.

Sanjeev Kapoor and Madhuri Dixit

Why did you choose to become the brand ambassador of a food Channel?
It's something which I relate to. Today, I can't do everything and anything. It should match my age and personality (laughs). But, I loved the concept and India is a country which is known for several cuisines and everyone loves eating food here.

Madhuri Dixit

If you have to invite any Bollywood celebrities for dinner who all would be on your list?
My first guest would be Rani Mukerji as we gel very well and while cooking we can have a great time. I simply love her and I'm sure she is a great cook too so we can help each other in the kitchen. My second invitee would be Shah Rukh Khan as he's a very sweet guest and will appreciate your efforts even if the food doesn't taste good.

Edited by Armu4eva - 21 January 2011 at 6:22am

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

Opandaysp87AnyaCrazy4Sanz.Nish.-raiAasma-suzi_b*Resham*nycsweetie-Hoor-Cutiepie Ranitogepe30Curlylocks

togepe30 IF-Stunnerz
togepe30
togepe30

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 6:31am | IP Logged
How Cute !
I love the bond SRK-Madz share...
My fav onscreen couple !
suzi_b IF-Rockerz
suzi_b
suzi_b

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 6:32am | IP Logged
Thanks 4 sharing....Smile
-Hoor- IF-Sizzlerz
-Hoor-
-Hoor-

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 6:36am | IP Logged
Awww.. Heart
Thanks for sharing :)
Curlylocks IF-Stunnerz
Curlylocks
Curlylocks

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 6:49am | IP Logged
tnx heaps for sharin.... and i love dis bit da most "My second invitee would be Shah Rukh Khan as he's a very sweet guest and will appreciate your efforts even if the food doesn't taste good"

luv u srk and dats all i can say Day Dreaming Day Dreaming

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

AnyaCrazy4Sanz

-desigirl- IF-Dazzler
-desigirl-
-desigirl-

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 7:02am | IP Logged
there isnt indian food in US .. since when Ermm
-raiAasma- Goldie
-raiAasma-
-raiAasma-

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 7:34am | IP Logged
Thanks tanu for sharing the article..srk is sweet..! Didn't like madhuri much but I have started to like her seeing srk-mads bonding.

Edited by -raiAasma- - 21 January 2011 at 7:38am
nycsweetie IF-Sizzlerz
nycsweetie
nycsweetie

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 9:12am | IP Logged
t4s

Go to top