India-Forums

Laagi Tujhse Lagan
Laagi Tujhse Lagan

Seema/Chanda

Elysia IF-Rockerz
Elysia
Elysia

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 4:39am | IP Logged
Okay, so this woman has been the target of a lot of negative emotions from us fans. But I've been thinking about her character and I'm curious to discuss her in a healthy (that is, non-bashing) way that might cast some light over her intentions.

First thing that I cannot understand is how a woman who abandoned/betrayed her so-called first love for money can claim to love him seven years later? This really had me thinking. But then, she has been through a lot (been punished, perhaps, for her greediness) and has come to realize that she made the wrong choice all those years ago. Had she chosen Dutta's love, she might've been in a different place right now.

But Dutta has changed. Seema seems to be in love with the idea of the boy that once loved her so much that he was willing to do anything for her. The realization that she gave up that for money and ended up a kothewali... well, it's bound to make her regret, right?

I do believe that she has changed. The circumstances have changed her and made her realize that she could've had it better. But isn't this a selfish thought? Isn't her "love" still a bit selfish? She wants to take care of him, protect him, so that she can redeem herself and be forgiven - for the peace of her own mind.

Second thing that I wondered about is whether she was ever in love with Dutta in the first place? Whenever I see the flashbacks, I feel that - from her side - it was more of a crush. She was spoiled by him. He bought her things, showered her with his love, and any young girl would feel special if a boy gave her that much adoration. She enjoyed it - until she found something better, or should I say - someone with a heavier wallet.

If she was never in love with him, then how can she claim to love him now? Now when she has changed, but he has, too. Now when she doesn't know him.

In the end, isn't she still being partly selfish? Her redemption, her love, her peace of mind. The only part where I see her being not selfish is when she helps Nakku.

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

silkroutekomal_w25shruti10augustVampgirlsasha_1Pooja_219kadduuSophia21-Carrie-mIsHeZ.xmeghapartikhushix

mussy.jamshed IF-Dazzler
mussy.jamshed
mussy.jamshed

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 5:41am | IP Logged
Elysia ! I like your post.

I somehow feel Seema is guilty and wants Dutta to forgive her. But she is forgetting one thing, if she went through alot of pain because of her misdeeds, Dutta lost his way to love, peace and happiness. How can she even think of coming back into his life. Here I found her Selfish. She is not as unconditional as Nakusha. Nakusha has got courage to walk away from D's life if she feels his happiness lies in Seema, but Seema can't do it. There's no doubt at all that Dutta loves Nakusha only and I can see him completely transformed and I also feel Nakusha has healed him. He will come to know about it when he will confront Seema. If Seema has changed, then she won't come b/w Dutta and Nakusha, but I doubt her.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

shruti10augustVampgirlPooja_219-Carrie-

-Carrie- IF-Rockerz
-Carrie-
-Carrie-

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 5:50am | IP Logged
Agree! She was a teenager herself at that time but see how her mind worked cunningly like an old woman.Angry Even now she is thinking how she missed it all not what D must have went through. She saw then itself how a simple man had turned into a killer when he murdered Govind. But even today its all about herself. I don't have an iota of sympathy for this woman & serves her well she has to spend her life with "moneyed" men like Chaskar. My only point in favour of her is that her presence at this time in D's life will give him closure & peace as I mentioned in Ishy's thread.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

shruti10augustPooja_219

shruti10august Senior Member
shruti10august
shruti10august

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 5:55am | IP Logged
U r ryt, Elysia nd mussy. Seema's love for dutta is not unconditional, rather i don't think that seema loves him, its just her repentance, she is taking care of him bcoz of the bad she had done to him in the past. Nd, if seema seriously changes, then wen she'll cum to knw that dutta is married nd his wife is naku, then she vl herself unite them. I also thinks that seema vl die while saving dutta, nd maybe that vl be her ultimate repentance.
Elysia IF-Rockerz
Elysia
Elysia

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 8:48am | IP Logged
Exactly so. Seema wasn't in love with him in the past, but she has obviously spent those past years thinking about him - not because she'd fallen in love with him, but because the thought of what she'd done to him bothered her.

However, I think that the CVs should've made her character less honey-sweet and a bit more karwa. If we look at things realistically, Seema was a bold, sharp-mouthed woman who knew exactly how beautiful she was and what she wanted from people/men. Thus it's no wonder that she ended up as a kothewali. Yet now they've made her honey-sweet and caring whereas I think that it would've made more sense if she'd been portrayed as a bit bitter, bolder, and seductive. They could've still shown her taking care of Dutta, but it would've been clearer that she is still Seema at heart with a few changes due to what she has been through and where she has ended up.

In a kotha, survival is everything. I doubt that a woman can survive by being so sweet and calm as Seema is. Boldness and sustaining the upperhand over the men that come to visit would naturally be the outcome of a character like Seema who from the very start was so aware of her own beauty and its power.

Yes, she is still selfish. She "came back" to repent for her own peace of mind. But really, isn't she keeping Dutta trapped there with her? Why doesn't she contact Baji (whom she knows is very close to Dutta and whom Dutta called for in her presence)? Why doesn't she attempt to get him home safely? Because she wants to be forgiven first?

I wish that the CVs had made her character a little bit more true to her actual nature. Because it is Seema's nature to be selfish, one way or another. A lot of things can change about one's persona, but you can't change everything. Not over seven years, and definitely not over seven years in a place where being bold, seductive, and using your beauty to entertain and ensnare men is a way of survival.

Edited by Elysia - 21 January 2011 at 8:48am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

shruti10augustPooja_219-Carrie-

rama_2010 IF-Dazzler
rama_2010
rama_2010

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 9:04am | IP Logged
Seema seems to be selfish...
Chaskar today said he truly loves seema ... also stated wa all he has done for her...  there is more to Chaskar and chanda story...
Chaskar even said that he knows she does not like bhaugiri.. n leave it if she wants but will not stop loving her...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Carrie-

Elysia IF-Rockerz
Elysia
Elysia

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 9:14am | IP Logged
Interesting.

I do hope that they reveal more of Seema and Chaskar's relationship, but not so much that it takes up all the screen time. I want the main focus to be on Dutta and Tasha.

But as for Seema, I'm just crossing my fingers that they change her character a bit. Right now, it doesn't make sense that she's so sweet and caring and seedi saadi ladki when she's been entertaining and manipulating men for the past seven years. A woman with her nature, someone who has a weakness for money, someone who is so beautiful and knows it, will naturally end up bold or bitter or both.

Besides, Seema's nature was selfish. Even now, it's her selfishness that keeps Dutta in her room or she would've attempted to get him home a long time ago.

The CVs just need to twist her character somewhat. She can still be a positive role, but to keep her this honey-sweet is a bit illogical. It's not logical compared to the kind of life she's been leading for the past seven years.

Added to that, I feel that the girl who plays Seema did a much better job at being bold and sharp-mouthed rather than being sweet and used now.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Pooja_219-Carrie-

Elysia IF-Rockerz
Elysia
Elysia

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 12:35am | IP Logged
Main tum logo ko Seema ke bare mein bhoolne nahi doon gi LOL

Come on, guys, as much as we all dislike her, let's share some thoughts and discuss her character.

By the way (a totally unrelated thought), does the CVs even check in on IF?

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top