Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Will attend IIFA awards, if we have time: Abhi

ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago
IANS, Jan 21, 2011, 11.02am IST
Abhishek Bachchan Bollywood actor Abhishek Bachchan has said that if their work schedules permit they would definitely go to attend the International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) awards to be held in Toronto.

"I don't know when it is but obviously if we are free and not working, yes we'll go for it. We'll see if we could accommodate it, but if we are busy making films then obviously we won't be able to go there," Abhishek, who graces the cover of latest issue of Stardust magazine along with wife Aishwarya Rai, told reporters here Thursday night.

"Because if we don't make the films we won't get nominated the next year so we have to concentrate on our work. If our schedule permits let's see," he added. The actor was in the capital to unveil the latest issue of the magazine along with Aishwarya.

Megastar Amitabh Bachchan had been the brand ambassador of IIFA ever since its inception in 2000. However, Big B created a stir when he revealed on microblogging site Twitter that he will not attend the ceremony in Toronto as IIFA said it no longer requires his services.

An official statement from the organizers said that they have aborted the concept of brand ambassador.

"Due to unexplainable reasons, after announcing the event as brand ambassador, Bachchan couldn't participate in the IIFA weekend at Sri Lanka last year. Following this, IIFA aborted the concept of a brand ambassador," said Sabbas Joseph, director Wizcraft, which organizes the event.

The statement also said: "The Bachchan family has been an intrinsic part of IIFA every year, and in this regard we have already shared with them a proposal about their participation this year too."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aishhh. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
If only awards had time for you Abhishek...🥱
Can Abhishek give his father a crash course on how to communicateand avoid controversies?
ruky786 thumbnail
Originally posted by: pragya0

Can Abhishek give his father a crash course on how to communicateand avoid controversies?

🤣🤣🤣 Great answer love that
ibelieveinpink thumbnail
Originally posted by: pragya0

i so agree, but I think Big B can say pretty much anything and get away with is b/c everyone has put him on that pedestal....also I think when Big B gets annoyed at something he always takes it to an extreme...there are a lot of times he said or done things that I honestly wouldn't expect from a mature, intelligent man!
RandomSquared thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
i hate how the entire interview is we we we...lol i wish abhishek wud separate himself from the rest of this family for a while n jus did him for a while
ladygaga thumbnail
Originally posted by: sweet coco

i so agree, but I think Big B can say pretty much anything and get away with is b/c everyone has put him on that pedestal....also I think when Big B gets annoyed at something he always takes it to an extreme...there are a lot of times he said or done things that I honestly wouldn't expect from a mature, intelligent man!

Very true, but i enjoy Big B's erratic outbursts.. he is very cute.. he reminds me of myself. 😆
Terenaina thumbnail
IIFA will be boring if Aishu, ABhi, Big B, Deepika is missing from there....Hopefully they'll all come to the award
amy22 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
They're getting on my nerves now. You know how sometimes people dun get invited to parties and they're like "I didn't have time anyway" or "I didn't wanna go anyway", that is exactly the case with the Bachchans right now. They should stop commenting to make themselves feel important. YAWN!