Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Will attend IIFA awards, if we have time: Abhi

ruky786 IF-Stunnerz
ruky786
ruky786

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 1:55am | IP Logged
IANS, Jan 21, 2011, 11.02am IST
Abhishek Bachchan Bollywood actor Abhishek Bachchan has said that if their work schedules permit they would definitely go to attend the International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) awards to be held in Toronto.

"I don't know when it is but obviously if we are free and not working, yes we'll go for it. We'll see if we could accommodate it, but if we are busy making films then obviously we won't be able to go there," Abhishek, who graces the cover of latest issue of Stardust magazine along with wife Aishwarya Rai, told reporters here Thursday night.

"Because if we don't make the films we won't get nominated the next year so we have to concentrate on our work. If our schedule permits let's see," he added. The actor was in the capital to unveil the latest issue of the magazine along with Aishwarya.

Megastar Amitabh Bachchan had been the brand ambassador of IIFA ever since its inception in 2000. However, Big B created a stir when he revealed on microblogging site Twitter that he will not attend the ceremony in Toronto as IIFA said it no longer requires his services.

An official statement from the organizers said that they have aborted the concept of brand ambassador.

"Due to unexplainable reasons, after announcing the event as brand ambassador, Bachchan couldn't participate in the IIFA weekend at Sri Lanka last year. Following this, IIFA aborted the concept of a brand ambassador," said Sabbas Joseph, director Wizcraft, which organizes the event.

The statement also said: "The Bachchan family has been an intrinsic part of IIFA every year, and in this regard we have already shared with them a proposal about their participation this year too."

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

aishhh.

aishhh. IF-Sizzlerz
aishhh.
aishhh.

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 2:14am | IP Logged
If only awards had time for you Abhishek...Sleepy

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

love_KYPHperfectlyflawedmariasrkruky786

Gobsmacked IF-Rockerz

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 2:37am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

queenieKWRocks.tulsi003qwwwcricketfan1Salma2love_KYPHKim75Mistyypreity*zintaruky786ibelieveinpink

ruky786 IF-Stunnerz
ruky786
ruky786

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 3:22am | IP Logged
Originally posted by pragya0

Can Abhishek give his father a crash course on how to communicateand avoid controversies?

ROFLROFLROFL Great answer love that

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ibelieveinpink

ibelieveinpink IF-Stunnerz
ibelieveinpink
ibelieveinpink

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 12:19pm | IP Logged

Can Abhishek give his father a crash course on how to communicateand avoid controversies?
i so agree, but I think Big B can say pretty much anything and get away with is b/c everyone has put him on that pedestal....also I think when Big B gets annoyed at something he always takes it to an extreme...there are a lot of times he said or done things that I honestly wouldn't expect from a mature, intelligent man!
RandomSquared IF-Sizzlerz
RandomSquared
RandomSquared

Teen Bahuraaniyan Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 4:26pm | IP Logged
i hate how the entire interview is we we we...lol i wish abhishek wud separate himself from the rest of this family for a while n jus did him for a while
ladygaga IF-Dazzler
ladygaga
ladygaga

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 4:30pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sweet coco

i so agree, but I think Big B can say pretty much anything and get away with is b/c everyone has put him on that pedestal....also I think when Big B gets annoyed at something he always takes it to an extreme...there are a lot of times he said or done things that I honestly wouldn't expect from a mature, intelligent man!

Very true, but i enjoy Big B's erratic outbursts.. he is very cute.. he reminds me of myself. LOL
Terenaina IF-Stunnerz
Terenaina
Terenaina

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 4:37pm | IP Logged
IIFA will be boring if Aishu, ABhi, Big B, Deepika is missing from there....Hopefully they'll all come to the award

Go to top