TOI: Man in the mirror bothering u?-GC

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Man in the mirror bothering you 

Men are more conscious of their looks than they ever were before and are opting for all kinds of treatments to look better... 

If you thought wrinkles,crows feet and frown lines are only a womans nightmare,then you were so wrong! Looking good and feeling good is equally important an issue,for the modern man.And no,we are not talking about the very old 50-plus guys who have loose skin hanging all around their face! Experts say that men as young as the ones in their 30s are opting for various treatments to look beautiful.If you thought the word beauty was not associated with men then you need to think again.The budding honchos of the boardroom,the young czars of the corporate world,and the top players everywhere,are all playing it cool by opting for all kinds of non-surgerical methods to look and feel young.
With women matching up to men on almost all departments,men dont want to lag behind from the fairer sex in the department of beauty! 
Dr Madhuri Agarwal,consulting dermatologist and cosmetologist says that there has definitely been a marked increase in the number of men opting for beauty treatments.They have begun addressing the need to look presentable and refreshing in their jobs and are eager to match their partners in physical appearance, she says.Dr Jamuna Pai adds,The number of men taking anti-ageing treatments has certainly increased and many men between 35-60 years are opting for nonsurgical options. She says that many walk in for botox injections.While earlier these procedures were only opted for by people who were in the showbusiness or in professions where looks brought in the moolah,these days anyone and everyone is opting for it.Dr Aamod Rao,plastic surgeon adds that men off-late have actually become more conscious about their looks than they were before and there has been a rise in the number of males coming for botox and other anti-ageing treatments.He says,Most men ask for an eyebrow lift or an injection for wrinkles on their forehead. 
When it comes to these procedures for men,is it majorly different from what is done for women Dr Madhuri Agarwal explains,As opposed to women,men generally require more units of a botox dose.Barring this there is no other procedural difference for mens treatment. 
She says that the current hottest antiageing treatment is fractional lasers.Other treatments include chemical peels,body contouring,laser body hair removal and reduction,MESO therapy and fillers.Fillers help build volume and make the skin look much plumper and soft, she says.
When done by good cosmetologists,these treatments gives great results.Elaborating more on botox Dr Rao clarifies,Though it is not harmful but an entire face done up with it does give a plastic look. 
Well,just like women are at par with men in all walks of life,we guess men are trying to match up to the looks and beauty of the girls! 

CELEB SPEAK 

Gurmeet Chowdhary 

I think when someone takes any such treatment then it becomes very obvious to the others and that bothers me.Also,I think that an actor should never go for it as it makes you look plastic and expressionless.And without expressions an actor would never be able to justify his primary job.I neither smoke,nor drink,so I know that wrinkles wont come to me early.Look does matter in the entertainment industry but in the end it is the talent that counts.

NO PLASTIC FOR ME: Gurmeet Chowdhary 

@timesofindia.com
Edited by Armu4eva - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Armu4eva thumbnail
Originally posted by: maangeetcrazy

Thank U!!

My pleasure πŸ€—
maneet_forever9 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
thnks sooo much for the article πŸ˜ƒ
saanjh11 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
that why we r fida on himπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Sienna.. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Thanks for the article. I read it from the beginning so was gearing myself up to find out what GC had done to himself but i'm now breathing a serious sigh of relief!πŸ˜†

Thanks once againπŸ˜›
iMadz thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: sanjh1234

that why we r fida on himπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

yep....!!!!πŸ˜‰
18mypride thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
issiliya hum jaan chidakte hai!!!!  ahem ahem NO PLASTIC aur ahem SHIRT bhi nahien Hotty!
Armu4eva thumbnail
Originally posted by: 18mypride

issiliya hum jaan chidakte hai!!!!  ahem ahem NO PLASTIC aur ahem SHIRT bhi nahien Hotty!

Well said πŸ˜‰