Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee
Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

Make a Movie out of Geet

EBasso IF-Rockerz
EBasso
EBasso

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 4:57pm | IP Logged

Hello Folks,

I am a brand new member of India Forums and joined because I couldn't stop myself from expressing my thoughts today. You can feel free to skip the Part 1 of this post if you are not interested in my boring background and want to go straight to the point I am trying to make in Part 2.

Part 1 - A little bit about me:

I have been a viewer of Indian Television Soaps for many years and have read many posts on IF on various shows, but never really cared enough to share my views. I was never a die-hard fan of any Indian soap series. I loved and hated a lot of them, but none of them ever affected my life the way one of them did. I am a hopeless romantic by nature and feed my emotions on romantic drama serials, so I am always looking for romance in movies, shows, etc. I have started and stopped watching so many shows looking for a sign of fresh romance. Some shows I adored were Jassi Jaisi Koi nahi, Bhaskar Bharti, Kitani Mohabbat hai and baat hamari pakki hai among others. Some I started watching and later abandoned because they got too melodramatic were Agle Janam, Pavitra Rishta, Karol baug, and many many ekta kapoor soaps including Kitani Mohabbat hai 2. I consistently continued watching Sasural Genda Phool due to its no-villain family drama theme, but the romance took way too long to develop. So about a few weeks ago, I started browsing the web in search for a new story and saw a few suggestions: India Calling, Dil Mil Gaye, Mile Jab Hum Tum, and GEET. I got on youtube and put a search in for Geet Romantic Scenes. The first video that popped up was Maan Removing Geet's Jewelry in one of the August episodes. Of course, that took my attention instantly and I started watching the show from that point forward.

I was absolutely Mesmerized and blown away by the show. Before I knew it, I had spent 9 hours watching it non-stop. In just 4 short days, I caught up to January and started the show from the beginning (of course skipping about first month or so of pure drama). I only watched the Maan and Geet scenes leading up to the scenes starting in Delhi, and then started watching the full episodes from then on. And I completed the full cycle in 2 more days. By now I was in maan's world. I had fallen head over heels in love with Maan Singh Khurana and there was no turning back. Embarrassed I had finished watching all episodes but I hadn't had enough, so I started the show over again, and finished it in a few more days. Mind you, this was in between home responsibilities, 10 hours of work, and all other things life kept interrupting me with. My divine husband was so supportive of my obsession. I told him he had a competition in Maan Singh Khurana. And he always laughed, ignoring my silly comments. One day I got so drowned in emotions while watching maan, I asked hubby if he had ever fallen in love with a character before. Poor bloke said "I was fascinated by Spider man when I was young" LOL Ha-ha. Anyway, by now I was starting on my round 3 of watching Maneet scenes online. My husband is moderate enough that he enjoys watching romantic movies with me every once in a while. So I invited him to watch Geet with me. He said, are you insane? I am not going to spend this many hours watching a slow paced Hindi soap with you. And that's when it hit me. D'oh

Part 2 - A new kind of Hindi Film - GEET:

Watching it over and over again I realized that as brilliantly as Geet is crafted, it has its share of strong as well as weak moments. The more I cycled through the show, the more and more I started to narrow down my most favorite and least favorite scenes of the show; the more I started to dissect the show and started picking up on missed details etc. And one day it occurred to me. What if we take the best of the best of the best scenes from Geet, and make a movie out of it?

It would be a novel, one of a kind project, never been done before on Hindi Cinema. Of course we've had Khichdi, but that was shot entirely independently after the completion of the show. This movie would be comprised of the scenes from the show itself. An adventure lasting no more than 3 hours from start to finish. May be then, I can watch it with my hubby without boring him to death with all the side tracks of the show. (Hmm! I wonder if there is anything prohibiting this from happening legally.)

Advantages:

If done right, this could turn out to be the most romantic movie of the decade. DDLJ of 2011 (Okay may be I am getting overly dreamy.) But think about it. Geet ki kahani in the backdrop with moderate amount of comedy and lots of romance with a happy ending. There are so many advantages, we can go through the journey of Geet's life just in 3 hours and see the best scenes ever shot on Indian television in a carefully crafted package. People who don't watch the serial can get interested in watching it. And imagine the publicity Gurmeet and Drashti would get. Of course there's risk. What about the current track you ask? well that can carry on as planned without too much disruption I hope...

The creatives of this show have given us some scenes I have never seen before in any other show, any other movie in my entire life. And trust me; I have watched a lot of silver screen romance in my life. Barring some parallel tracks that are weak, every situation created in Geet Maan's life has been nothing short of extraordinary. And the Dev/Mira, Annie/Arjun tracks not picking up may not be the creatives' fault. It's not easy to create a sizzling chemistry like Geet and Maan's and match up to those well defined characters, especially as a parallel track of the same show where the protagonists take away all the points. The point is, there were an influx of talented team members at work behind the initial magic of Geet, and if they put their heart on turning Geet into a super hit movie, they can!!!! Thumbs Up

The reason I put this post on IF is because I have no way of reaching Endemol, or Geet Team, or Nissarji. IF seemed like the best platform to express my passion about this show and get other fans' opinions on the topic.

So if anyone were to ever think about turning Geet into a movie, here's my two cents on how it would go: 

>     First 20 minutes shaping the tragedy of Geet's life (Entry of Dev/NT, the wedding, 3 or 4 Maneet scenes establishing their dislike towards each other -> Taweez, Maan saving Geet's life in water and from Brij, Amritsar, etc.)

>     The next hour in Delhi (with a lot of humor and comedy in Khurana constructions) leading up to Geet telling Maan all truth about her life and then walking away to leave Delhi. This can include effectively shortened versions of office troubles, Intensely shot scenes like Kurban hua, Dinner scene where Maan holds a chair for the oblivious Geet (this one may be a stretch), Dhaba scene, beautiful Rain sequence, Dargaah, Mangetar Naatak, Jealousy Bit, Nightclub scene, Earring scene. All while sketching Maan's personality, showing scenes like his insistence on Geet admitting her feelings first out of his ego, his creepy room of old collectibles, his anger over the pregnancy news and the realization of his mistake of not listening to her. During this period show very little about Dev and NT. (It seems like a lot to fit in an hour but it's possible. Not even all of the above scenes need to be there -> like I said only the best of the best)

->     Then another hour of some powerful scenes like Manali, Their izhaar-e-ishq in the Jungle camp, engagement cute moments, face off with Dev, Geet's misunderstanding of Maan's intensions about the wedding (no need for indianpaints), NT's attempt at Geet's life, Khoon Bhari Maang and the night after, where Maan puts Geet to sleep (Ah! So incredible.) Entry of Brij, The heart piercing hospital sonogram scene, and Wedding preps with some really cute funny moments we've all seen, like Geet in Maan's lap, at the wedding shop the tailor scene etc. (Oh, and no need for Arjun Annie Track at ALLLLL.) I would have loved to see Maan's Soul penetrating apology to the baby for picking Geet's life over baby's but let's face it. That's the biggest blunder the creatives made on the show. How were they expecting a 3-4 month baby to survive if the mother was dead? So unless they can come up with another twist there, that beautifully enacted scene can't do in this movie (by the way incredible job by Gurmeet in that scene. I can talk about it for hours).

>     And the final 20 mins to half hour of Climax. Wedding with some melodrama, Maan on the horse, Brij exposed, NT back to jail (No need to drop her from the chhat) and they all lived happily ever after.

>     Also, since I have been thinking so seriously about this, I thought, the movie would need a music album too. Background score is perfect but there are instances where they can add fresh songs to certain sequences. Except, I can't imagine any song fitting the rain scene better than behne de. The impact that song had on that scene was magical beyond words. I couldn't sleep that night just lied there reliving that scene over and over again playing Behne de in my head all the while. Also, there's another piece of background music where a fast violin tune fiercely plays. It was played right before behne de started. They can make more use of that score. It's a beautiful music sequence.

>     Chhi chhi babaji -> I love the way Geet says that. Got to be there in the movie. 
>     I am sure I am missing things. I guess I will edit this post if I think of more things ?

My first thought was to make a home movie of my favorite Geet Scenes and just do away with that. But then, I only have access to poor quality videos, unsophisticated SW, no skills and no patience to go through that exercise ?

Folks -> If you think I am out of my Mind, please don't hesitate to let me know. May be there are cons to releasing Geet as a movie that I am not seeing. May be you can smack me around a bit and ask me to wake up and get back into the real world. But until then, off I go watching my dream man. Haven't seen his face in a couple of hours (okay I am not that insane I am just acting like one for now).

Edited by dtri - 28 February 2011 at 7:00pm

The following 28 member(s) liked the above post:

rmurthysasasa-loniIlovejayseanavidity_2002Nandita5kdg129prstsarrmMs-Min-Hotazeen_29RadiantTreasuresindu_gurti--Magnificent--VJ-LNMDJAyesha05-MaanEetLover-SaynaFMmechantefillequitroseinbloomutopia88adoremevirgoAmoureuxKash-Gurti-Visusun-naaaaaaaaablackb28Giraffidaepickachu

EBasso IF-Rockerz
EBasso
EBasso

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 6:04pm | IP Logged
Hmm! I knew it was a pretty far fetched idea :)
-MaanEetLover- IF-Rockerz
-MaanEetLover-
-MaanEetLover-

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 6:14pm | IP Logged
Welcome to the Brand new Member HugLOL
This place is too Addicting !! Just warning yaa !! Wink
P.S I loved you idea of making those Video of MaanEeet Scenes ! Wink
EBasso IF-Rockerz
EBasso
EBasso

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 7:35pm | IP Logged
Thanks for a warm welcome Maneetlover. I'll keep my finger crossed that one day someone comes up with something like this.
Nandita5 Senior Member
Nandita5
Nandita5

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 12:01am | IP Logged
A very warm welcome to u. I too have only recently started posting comments on IF and in my case also it was this serial geet which inspired me. I too saw only a few episodes some time in nov and loved them so much that like u i got hooked on to it and am now literally obsessed with the show and the forum. So much so that i sit late into the night watching, rewatching and reading posts on the forum. I have to do it late as I too have household responsibilies. Hubby literally tells me I have gone crazy.....but what to do. thats what this show does to u i think. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

tazeen_29

sindu_gurti IF-Dazzler
sindu_gurti
sindu_gurti

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 1:24am | IP Logged
hey welcome dear!! one small suggestion...to understand geet u should atleast have 45mins of first part...only then integral part of maan in geets life will be reached...plus the post engagementie., hospital hug ., can be the start of climax after that u can 30 more mins and the dream comes true promo can be taken for the tittle part...and this happenning marriage can be shown in the last ...its my pov
saanjh11 IF-Sizzlerz
saanjh11
saanjh11

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 1:34am | IP Logged
first welcome dear and second u didn't mention the time limit of the movie as we know 2-3 hrs will be too less for itLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

EBasso

Amoureux IF-Sizzlerz
Amoureux
Amoureux

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 2:46am | IP Logged

Welcome to the forum... Our crazy land as we call it...  Hug

I loved your post and yes everyone here is crazy and insane so its nothing new for us.. Wink

As for your idea of putting everything in a movie... I like it but may come back after some analysis...  Smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

salmanmaniaEBasso

Go to top