India-Forums

so much flak for 'being fat'..?

U-No-Poo IF-Sizzlerz
U-No-Poo
U-No-Poo

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 1:33pm | IP Logged
I read a lot of posts on this forum saying 'I don't want to be fat like sneha..' or something along the same lines. I have a few questions regarding that mentality - what exactly do you have a problem with? 'being fat' or 'being unfit? because there is a clear difference between the two. there are people who are healthy yet quite fit, and at the same time there are people who are thin yet quite unhealthy. so if you have a problem with the latter, then I guess that's justified. but if it's the former, then I want to know that why is it that 'being fat' is such a nightmare? why is it that girls would rank 'being fat' much higher than 'chain smoking' in their list of nightmares? (just an example)

Edited by CZ.. - 20 January 2011 at 1:34pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

zanish_k

.Arjun IF-Rockerz

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 2:57pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Rasny-naureen786-

U-No-Poo IF-Sizzlerz
U-No-Poo
U-No-Poo

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 3:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Arjun

Not sure which posts you are referring to :)   ...any links ?  Smile

I guess everyone was talking about obesity, Being fat is okay but I think ppl blamed her mom more coz of encouraging junk food for kids all the time. With that junk/fried food, ppl not only gain weight but lead to serious heart issues as well. Moreover Sneha didn't sound very active in house. Her family was okay with her spending all day on mobile phone and watching TV. She wasn't willing to learn that dance either. Tongue

I think being healthy is what matters :)  ....I know a teenage who is obese has high cholestrol issues. His family is pretty similar to Archana's one :(

my topic is generic in regard to slightly healthy people. I just used sneha as a cue to express my question. ofcourse, sneha is extremely unhealthy and should do something about it. I was just talking about 'being fat' in general. I think we're way too obsessed with 'being thin' as a nation.
.Arjun IF-Rockerz

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 3:11pm | IP Logged

U-No-Poo IF-Sizzlerz
U-No-Poo
U-No-Poo

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 3:14pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Arjun

Inside some of us is a thin person struggling to get out, but they can usually be sedated with a few pieces of chocolate cake

Albert Einstein, who discovered that a tiny amount of mass is equal to a huge amount of energy, which explains why, as Einstein himself so eloquently put it in a famous 1939 speech to the Physics Department at Princeton, "You have to exercise for a week to work off the thigh fat from a single Snickers.

yes, but einstein didn't say that it was bad to eat snickers, did he? LOL

see the point is that not everyone can be thin or size 0/1/2. people come in all shapes and sizes, but we can't seem to accept healthy people because we're so obsessed with being thin. 'weight' is a such common yet touchy issue among indians. hello, it's just another part of your personality! it doesn't equal to your entire being. 
.Arjun IF-Rockerz

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 3:16pm | IP Logged

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index