Chat Clubs

India-Forums

Chat Clubs
Chat Clubs

Random Ramblers Timbuktoo#66!!!! (Page 87)

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 11 February 2011 at 4:04pm | IP Logged
My feelings about the Bones epi this week:

*SPOILERS*

I also hadn't expected Booth to propose somehow....in the ring picking scene, he was once again overcompensating....made VERY obvious LITERALLY by the way he went to pick a BIGGER ring just to make his "gesture" bigger/grander....if he truly loved Hannah, would the SIZE of the ring really matter?

Now coming to the actual proposal scene....I kept hoping he wouldn't but he actually went ahead with it and I kinda just sighed in resignation by that point....what is interesting to watch is the aftermath ofcourse....he instantly shut down the moment Hannah told him no....interesting dialogues for me here were the way Hannah told him a couple of times, "I always told you I wasn't the marrying kind" and he says, 'then you should have told me" and she says, "I did, many times....you never listened".....for Booth, all of his hurt in this case is centered around another REJECTION....not WHO rejected him but ANOTHER rejection. .....the dialogues in that scene all focused on him talking about how he thought he would never find love again but then he met Hannah blah blah....it was obvious to everyone but Booth since day one that Hannah was not the kind to be in a serious relationship.....but Booth chose to blind himself to all that and things came to this point.....I'm no Hannah fan and some of her dialogues were pretty W*F-ish in that bit but the chick did an ok job acting-wise....only thing that disturbs me is her line about "this is not the actual/full end for us" or something like that.....and the entire "how much time do you need" exchange did make me feel slightly sorry for Hannah in this break-up too.....I wouldn't say that she led Booth on....Booth chose to blind himself to a lot of things.....he is not innocent in all this.

Now coming to the BnB scene....DB was fantastic, totally agree with you on that Mels....this is some of his best acting on the show yet without a doubt....he was great in the Hannah proposal scene too but especially excellent in this bit when he's struggling with his emotions in front of Brennan.

So they've decided to shift the focus to Booth feeling sorry for himself that 3 women turned him down....I get that...I understand it....DB enacted it all so well,  you can't help but feel bad for Booth...first time I watched the scene, I felt annoyed and confused as to W*F BnB really want in life....Brennan comes there....listens to him going on and on....there is emotion in her eyes as she says, "then there was me"...as Booth struggles to describe her place in his life....and then we are stuck with "what's next"....I found myself quite irritated with this "what next" line....first in the Hannah scene....she asked the exact same thing and then so did Brennan....as if this is some kind of cut and dried emotionless report...."what's next"....and Booth has nothing else to say but "we're partners"....that seems to be the only recognizable "stable" relationship left for him so he clings to that as an anchor in all this confusion......sad what insecurities can do to ppl.....now they are dancing around each other for the simple reason that they each got turned down when they "put themselves out there".....Booth in the 100th epi and Brennan in the POV epi this season.....and so Booth doesn't realize that when she says "Those are my only choices?", that's her codeword for "so do we stand a chance now that Hannah's out of the picture"? lol.....not that things can change so much overnight that he can jump from Hannah to Brennan instantly.....but I'm still not sure I'm happy with this latest "twist" thrown in to keep BnB apart.....this is kinda juvenile at this point when they BOTH know how much they love each other clearly....if Booth is just going to sit there with his bruised EGO over this Hannah thing (I'm sorry I still refuse to believe it was lurrrve....loud sex at the best), and Brennan is just going to hide in her rational shell....I dunno....it's irritating me....yes I know they both have their insecurities, vulnerabilities but even by that stretch, it doesn't all add up for me.

Think back to last week.....Booth can talk like THAT to Brennan and then go and propose to Hannah? Ok.....and after all this, it's time to go back to "happy partners" land and just not talk about the OBVIOUS even on Valentine's Day....lol....great....dunno what to say but I'm getting a contrived sense at this point....not feeling so great about next week's epi anymore.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

MelissaLadyMcbeth

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 12 February 2011 at 8:24am | IP Logged
Helloooooooooooooooooo......anyone here??

I finally have extended time to be OL cuz of the weekend....and now no one else has time I guess....lol
AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 12 February 2011 at 8:33am | IP Logged

Stephan Nathan Weighs In About Tonight's Episode

Warning: The following contains major spoilers from this Thursday's episode of Fox's Bones. If you have not yet watched it, check back once you have.

Bones Boss Weighs In Latest Romantic Twist: 'Booth Went Out On a Limb'

Going by the final moments of this week's Bones, it portends to be a very bittersweet '- if not outright sad ' Valentine's Day for Seeley Booth (played by David Boreanaz). Buoyed by Sweets' enthusiasm to pop the question to Daisy as well as the love he feels for his own girlfriend, Booth bought a sparkler for Hannah only to see his bid for marriage get shot down not much unlike by a sniper's bullet.

We know what you're thinking: Is the door now wide open for Booth and Brennan (Emily Deschanel) to finally get on the same page and evolve their friendship into something more? Or is D.C.'s most eligible marksman now, ironically, gun-shy? As the pivotal episode unspooled, TVLine spoke with Bones exec producer Stephen Nathan about the aftermath.

TVLINE | In retrospect, how do you rate Hannah (played by Katheryn Winnick) as one in a series of obstacles for the Booth/Brennan romance?
We loved it. We thought it turned out very well for us, because with any show like ours, where you have a "Will They/Won't They?" relationship, the audience always wants the couple to get together ' as do we, because you know they're destined for each other. But to construct situations that are realistic to keep them apart can be difficult. We thought that after they both left and went their separate ways at the end of last season'.

TVLINE | '.that afforded Booth significant time to meet and get close to someone like Hannah.
Absolutely. We didn't want it to be just a rebound or a relationship that didn't have weight. It was very interesting for us to explore what happened when he actually fell in love with somebody else, and then have that person integrated into the Bones universe and become, though we didn't design it this was initially, very close to Brennan as well. It was a way to keep Booth and Brennan apart in a way that was very real, and in a way that drove a lot of loyal fans crazy. They were angry that Hannah was on the show. Some of them hated it, but I think they loved hating it. Hopefully they wanted her to go for all the right reasons.

TVLINE | Booth seems in a pretty bad place now.
That's what the entire end of the episode was about, him facing the fact that he's alone. Why is he alone? What's wrong with him that the women he has fallen in love with don't reciprocate? Again, we want the audience to be on his side and Booth and Brennan's side, to hope for this relationship to resolve in some way, because now we have an opportunity to explore them again. But I don't think there's going to be any quick resolution, because they both have wounds that have to heal.

TVLINE | Yeah, it was just a few weeks ago that Brennan laid her heart on the line in the front seat of Booth's car.
That was a moment where she was forced to face her own life and see if she was going to live with regrets or confront her emotional life in a way she hadn't before. She took a risk, went out on a limb and was shot down, because Booth was in love with somebody else. Tonight, he went out on a limb himself and got shot down. Both of them are gun-shy, and the one thing that both of them have to rely on is their friendship. That's the thing that's going to sustain that relationship. Haha so I guessed this bit right.....Booth clings to that partnership/friendship as the only stable thing left in his life and now neither of them wants to take the risk *sigh*LOL

TVLINE | Do you ever look at shows like House and Chuck ' shows that successfully put their "Will They/Won't They?" couples together ' and think, "If done right, you can put them together and have good television"?
Oh, definitely. Absolutely. There were a lot of people screaming and yelling about House ' "Why did they do that?" For as many people who are disgruntled and unhappy by an event like that, there will be an equal number, if not more, happy about it. But we're taking our time. Hopefully we'll be around for a few more years, so we'll see how that unwinds.

TVLINE | So, just to be clear: No immediate plans for Booth and Brennan to get together?
Brennan was shot down, then Booth was shot down by Hannah. If they then all of a sudden fall into a relationship together, I don't think anybody's going to believe that. It would just be a TV conceit. It wouldn't have any real truth to it.

TVLINE | Have we necessarily seen the last of Hannah?
I don't know when we'll see her again, but we loved having Katheryn on the show. No one shot Hannah, so' she's still out there somewhere in the Bones universe! This is what I was dreadingDeadDeadDeadDead

Source: TvLine

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Melissa

incandescence IF-Sizzlerz
incandescence
incandescence

Posted: 12 February 2011 at 8:34am | IP Logged
Finally! You really can't plan your life. *sigh* Khair, I watched the episode after two days...and I have been the MOST excited about, believe me. Why? Well, I kinda had a feeling that Booth and Hannah would break-up in the episode.....and well...damn me for taking HIM seriously...because of SN's constant 'Big.Game.Changer'.

Anyway, extremely average episode except for the last two scenes. I really didn't expect Booth to propose, specially given how childish the whole 'I'm-buying-the-biggest-ring' seemed but that done I don't think there's anyone who didn't feel bad for him when Hannah refused. DB does that 'heart-broken' look reallyyy well. To a point I understand his mindset...even his proposal. He is someone who needs companionship, relationship...he's traditional, emotional...he believes in a 'forever' kind relationship. Since his tumour, I think the fear of spending the rest of his life alone, having no family, has got to him. Then when Brennan, whom he has been in love with for five years, turned him down, however hurt he was at that time, he made up his mind, TOLD her he'll look for love again...he wanted to find someone who'll 'love him for 30...or 40...or 50 years'...Amd then came Hannah maybe initially Hannah wasn't such a 'serious' gf for him...but when she came back for HIM, he started expecting more...she moved in with him....she's perfect, she's gorgeous, she loves him...he tied it all with a pretty bow..he was soo blindd in love with Hannah or should I say with the notion of 'being in love'...he created this...this...dream world around her and then when Sweets made a comment about how he doesn't want to be single=alone when he reaches Booth's age..I understand his impulsive decision to propose to her but what didn't sit well with me is that he never really reflected back on his REASON for proposing Hannah or never in months did he realize or doubt what each one of them wanted from this relationship. Hannah, who may love him in some sense, was just looking for a 'good time'.

Anyway, his proposal proved one thing clearly was that HOW wrong they were for each other....these two were in a haze...in a sexual haze if I be more precise..they never knew where they were heading. Apparently, from their convo...she knew he was a 'marrying kind' still she didn't back off before until he actally proposed...what does she mean by....'I thought we'd have more time before we got to this'?? So she wanted to string him along until the marriage question comes up??!! And then there's Booth (idiot)...she made it clear that she wasn't the marrying kind...but he was always in his happy-bubble around her....he went and bought a big-ass ring for her?? What were these two thinking??!! Their relationship was sooo superficial...it was never meant to be...

Khair what's done is done...about BnB and the last scene..next post...

MelissaAreYaar

incandescence
incandescence

Posted: 12 February 2011 at 8:36am | IP Logged
Heyy Anuu...It's good to see you online..how's the job? Maza araha hai? LOLL

AreYaar

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 12 February 2011 at 8:56am | IP Logged
Mashhhhhhhhhhhh! *hugs* Hang on, I'll go read your Bones review.

How long are you going to be OL for?

*Edit: Job's going good....hectic but a nice group of ppl to work with and it's good to be busy with some work I'd say...lol

I was just catching up on reading all the reviews for this Bones epi on LJ and stuff.....a LOT of anger out there....can't say I blame them.

Edited by nureat01 - 12 February 2011 at 8:57am
incandescence
incandescence

Posted: 12 February 2011 at 9:00am | IP Logged
Ok, now even if we justify Booth's reason for proposing Hannah...it all becomes more screwed up when you put Brennan in the mix. Why did he suddenly started giving her THOSE looks, saying things like 'you only love one person most'...I think the issue here is not the proposal for me anymore...it's the inconsistency in Booth. at one point he doesn't even treat her properly as a partner...and suddenly all the LOOKS are back...and woahhh...U turn! He proposed to Hannah! Huh? Brennan told him how she feels...still he has no confusions, no regret...or longing...a bit of helplessness...how come he was sooo happy proposing Hannah?? Why didn't he not THINK about Brennan? Wasn't he the one who said 'I knew...right from the beginning'...what happened to that? Why didn't he gave her a thought when at one point he knew she was 'the one'?

The last scene....woww! DB was phenomenal there in terms of acting...one really feels for him...his hurt...his anger...and it doesn't seem that he'll go to Brennan as a second choice..he'll close himself. He won't 'look' for 'love' for a while I guess...will he look at Brennan? Time will only tell...right now he's too hurt to turn to anyone, even Brennan, for that kinda relationship,love....that's the reason he wants them to be 'just partners'...as of now at least.

MelissaAreYaar

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 12 February 2011 at 9:07am | IP Logged
Originally posted by incandescence

Anyway, his proposal proved one thing clearly was that HOW wrong they were for each other....these two were in a haze...in a sexual haze if I be more precise..they never knew where they were heading. Apparently, from their convo...she knew he was a 'marrying kind' still she didn't back off before until he actally proposed...what does she mean by....'I thought we'd have more time before we got to this'?? So she wanted to string him along until the marriage question comes up??!! And then there's Booth (idiot)...she made it clear that she wasn't the marrying kind...but he was always in his happy-bubble around her....he went and bought a big-ass ring for her?? What were these two thinking??!! Their relationship was sooo superficial...it was never meant to be...

@bold: The sense I got from that was that Hannah is more of a "live in" relationship type of chick....you know how some ppl have phobia about marriage? Like they're ok with doing everything BUT making it OFFICIAL? She seemed to be one of those kind of ppl....she always DELIBERATELY chose to keep things on the lighter, superficial side.....the loud sex, or always TALKING bout having sex....lol....even in this scene if you look at it....it starts off with her saying in that saucy manner "Hey soldier, you looking for a good time?"....implying obviously that they can go and have sex againLOL....

Taking this theoretically (cuz we all know that actual execution never managed to have any depth to it), Hannah did care for Booth....loved him as she said....and she wanted to spend as much time as she could with him but she just isn't one for permanence of any sort it seems....like marriage....so I'm guessing the way she was looking at it was that sooner or later, her and Booth would break-up but this came too suddenly for her and she was enjoying the time they were spending together.......Booth ji on the other hand has been the poster child of denial this entire season and created his own fantasy world about Hannah no matter what the facts in front of him were....cuz he so desperately craved a perfect life....married to a woman he loves and all......but he doesn't realize that this proposal was not at all about the woman in question....it was all about HIM and his need to want to marry.....and that was his huge mistake.....wonder if he'll realize it any time soon since he's busy being in self-pity mode at this pointLOL

incandescence

Go to top