Chat Clubs

India-Forums

Chat Clubs
Chat Clubs

Random Ramblers Timbuktoo#66!!!! (Page 73)

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 04 February 2011 at 1:02pm | IP Logged
Hmmm LadyM....personally I don't think that one sniper epi can suddenly change everything enough for him to start SAYING stuff like this to her again....yes the sniper epi shook him up but that shaking up can result  in the LOOKS being back, the camaraderie being back, but to SAY this to her is pushing it in my opinion.

Btw he WAS brandishing Hannah in her face....have you forgotten so many epis now, LadyM? :P He was QUITE the jerk.

I don't think this has anything to do with his morality characteristic. I'm not  asking the question of why is he running after Hannah....he's got his own convoluted "honorable" reasoning for it.....that's fine....I just feel that he shouldn't SAY things to Brennan that he hasn't delivered on in a long time....pre season 6 Booth could have said that....but after the way he's been with Hannah, saying stuff to Brennan like "I'm not going anywhere" feels a bit soon to me at this point in the situation.

LOL I honestly think that line was thrown in just to make all the shippers happy and go "aww Booth"LOL

Edited by nureat01 - 04 February 2011 at 1:13pm

LadyMcbeth IF-Sizzlerz
LadyMcbeth
LadyMcbeth

Posted: 04 February 2011 at 1:05pm | IP Logged
No Anu. I haven't forgotten what a jerk Booth has been this season. I toh had even written him off. My only point is, sniper episode made Booth re-evaluate the choices he made in his life (symbolically). That plus, Brennan's confession must've gotten him thinking ... although they didn't show that well. Initially he was the rejected one - now he overturned Brennan's proposal due to his life he built with Hannah. Not all people react immediately. Although he sounded flippant during Brennan's confession, that must've been his way of trying to gloss over the issue at hand, not a great reaction, but then not everyone is the same.

So what I'm trying to say is - the line he marao-ed may not be bought by everyone. But I kinda get it. He is just sending her a very subtle hint that he's not going anywhere and that she's always held a special place in his heart. IMO it is not too soon. In fact, it is a little too late - considering Brennan confessed a while ago.

Edited by LadyMcbeth - 04 February 2011 at 2:26pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Bazinga

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 04 February 2011 at 3:42pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by LadyMcbeth

No Anu. I haven't forgotten what a jerk Booth has been this season. I toh had even written him off. My only point is, sniper episode made Booth re-evaluate the choices he made in his life (symbolically). That plus, Brennan's confession must've gotten him thinking ... although they didn't show that well. Initially he was the rejected one - now he overturned Brennan's proposal due to his life he built with Hannah. Not all people react immediately. Although he sounded flippant during Brennan's confession, that must've been his way of trying to gloss over the issue at hand, not a great reaction, but then not everyone is the same.

So what I'm trying to say is - the line he marao-ed may not be bought by everyone. But I kinda get it. He is just sending her a very subtle hint that he's not going anywhere and that she's always held a special place in his heart. IMO it is not too soon. In fact, it is a little too late - considering Brennan confessed a while ago.

@bold: And THAT is my point, LadyMLOL They didn't SHOW it well enough for me to fully digest this line....even if it's some sort of "delayed reaction" to Brennan's confession as you're saying....I think there are too many broad conclusions being drawn here and basically both of us are just basing it on those conclusions....you feel he's having some sort of delayed reaction to Brennan's confession, I feel that he's still just in denial and kind of a split personality in a sense right nowLOL.....I would have preferred if they'd just let the subconscious moments say enough about his state of mind right now.....like the looks at the end of the last epi....the camaraderie, affection in this epi....them laughing together.....hmmmm.....oh well, I'm waiting to see what the next epi brings us.
AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 04 February 2011 at 9:35pm | IP Logged
Posted my Bones update in my gallery in case anyone wants to check it out :-)

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1474078&PID=38872978&#38872978
pigbelly4myfeet IF-Rockerz
pigbelly4myfeet
pigbelly4myfeet

Posted: 05 February 2011 at 1:11am | IP Logged
Hey you guys! Hug

Hope you're all doing well. Thought I'd drop by and say hi. :) 

So I've just joined twitter recently and I'm having a total revelation of the awesomeness of this site. Shocked I used to think it was just a silly fad and I'm def. not a fan of people typing up every single detail about their lives that I do not give a crap about. There's enough of that on facebook as well. And it seriously bugs me when people type like this--> wht iz gng on wt da wrld!? But aside from a few peeps/celebrities that do that, there's way more people posting actual great thoughts/ideas/information that is easily accessible thanks to twitter! Who knew! Atleast I didn't...lol. It's really great the way you can spread news/ideas/discoveries/ etc. so fast via twitter. It's a great way for organizations to spread the word about what they're doing as well. Also a great a way for people to hear about stuff going on around the world and help out immediately. It's basically internet browsing/spreading of information made easier since everything is on the internet these days. It's kind of connecting all the information that's out there on the internet and making it accessible to everyone. And it's such a skill too, to be able to get your information across in as few words as possible. You know since this is an age where nobody has time, but there's just SO much information/new ideas being generated every second. And you want people to hear you out without wasting any words/time. It's just really great to be able to connect with all that in a convenient way and time consuming way. Seriously it takes like less than a second to read a tweet. It's so genius! Shocked

lol I was just really excited at this revelation of mine, hence the twitter blabbing I just did. Apologies if you got bored reading...EmbarrassedLOL There's also the bad points, like people being useless and tweeting about their lives and you know adding to the whole social networking craze which discourages other ways of communication...a thought that depresses me. :( So let's not go there..lol but ya otherwise twitter's pretty genius I must say! 

Anyways, hope you're all doing well! :) Is anyone watching the filmfare awards this weekend btw? I'm actually pretty excited to watch them! :D lol The promos look so entertaining! :) haha That's what I'm doin' on my sunday night. Approve I'm pretty excited. :D 

And oh people living in the states/canada-ish areas...is anyone sick of winter already? There's like giant pahads of snow on the streets that are a pain to walk in. :( And the -30 weather does not help! :(...I want summmerrrr and sunshine please! On the plus side though, I'm prob. burning like twice the calories walking in the snow than I do otherwise! Sweeeet. Although I'm pretty sure I take in more calories stuffing myself after as well! I guess winter's good for being able to eat more without feeling guilty! I can live with that thought! :) YAY for looking at the bright side of things! :) Heyyy being whiny does help you feel better about stuff! :D :P 

Ok I'm done rambling now...Embarrassed
Bazinga IF-Sizzlerz
Bazinga
Bazinga

Posted: 05 February 2011 at 8:18am | IP Logged
Originally posted by LadyMcbeth

I think I agree with LadyM- Sweets had said in the season's opening episode itself that the dynamics can change now that he's back to working with Brennan again and Booth going for Hannah should actually be attributed to Brennan's absence and the conditions he was working in, majorly. What I'm trying to say is all this (i.e., Booth's looks , his affection etc.,) was inevitable at some point, he just needed that push to show it again and I think it came thanks to the Gravedigger incident , emotionally, BOTH are connected to it in some way- BnB always supported each other , were there for each other and all but I think they realized that there was MORE than just "partnership" when Brennan was kidnapped and Booth left no stone unturned to find her and vice-versa, in a way their brushes with gravedigger individually, brought them closer than ever and made them realize that they actually CARE for each other more than they were aware of so it is understandable if Booth is saying stuff like "they're not going anywhere" now. The only inconsistency, here, seems his canoodling with Hannah in front of Brennan in the earlier episodes. I can understand Booth's delayed reaction to Brennan's confession though - he is a man of principle, now that Brennan's willing to give it a chance, he could not just bring himself to happily throw Hannah right out of the picture- we cannot ignore the fact that Hannah HAS , kind of helped Booth nurse his broken heart, obviously his conscience could not let him just hug Brennan and kiss her at that moment even though , his heart might have wanted him to.....I remember he says "Hannah is not a consolation prize"- well, that was his conscience speaking 

Edited by Kavya_KraZQueen - 06 February 2011 at 12:36am
Bazinga IF-Sizzlerz
Bazinga
Bazinga

Posted: 05 February 2011 at 8:31am | IP Logged
Oh I HAVE to type this -

Booth: .....you could love a lot of people in this world but there's only one person you love the MOST Day Dreaming

Brennan: But how do you know which person you love the most when you're confused by the chemical messages traveling throughout your limbic system (lol typical "Bones")

Booth : You just do
Day DreamingDay DreamingDay Dreaming

incandescence IF-Sizzlerz
incandescence
incandescence

Posted: 05 February 2011 at 9:06am | IP Logged
Phew! Just watched it. Amazingggg epi! We get to see actual TEAMWORK after such a longg time. I was really surprised to see every one of them INVOLVED in the case properly and interacting with everyone else. What got into the Bones writers, huh? How did we get that lucky?

Finally, they gave attention to Cam. She was almost non-existent or just as unimportant as a random squintern before this epi, throughout the season. It seemed as she was just there to show off her excellent wardrobe or to deliver a funny line or two in an epi. I'm so happyyy they focus on her story...she and that doctor makes a real cute couple...and their relationship has an interesting arc because of their professions...birth and death...there's no fixed time for both of them. I hope they'd show more of how they manage their relationship.

Everything seems back to normal for BnB...and that kinda threw me off a bit. I loved it, I really did...all their scenes and interactions...but what exactly brought on that change, I wonder. Suddenly, Booth is behaving like Booth again..but why? Because of Brennan's confession? Confused

Originally posted by nureat01

I guess "for the heck of it" is not exactly the right description either.....I can't really describe it properly....but I just feel that if the Hannah chapter isn't closed, he shouldn't be saying stuff like "That person isn't going anywhere"....cuz there is an OBVIOUS meaning to it that makes me feel just a little "ermmm" with Hannah still in the picture and before the previous epi having acted like Brennan is just an afterthought.......Everything else is fine....the dynamic is back....the affection, the camaraderie....the looks....that all is fine....but he shouldn't SAY stuff like this when he's still claiming to everyone that Hannah is the love of his life....Yes we know the truth is not that....but HE hasn't fully realized it yet, has he?.....I don't think it's fair to Brennan to say that to her at this point....just the sense I got.....

Exactly! That bit was a bit callous on his part...he's giving her hope that 'THAT person isn't going anywhere' when he, apparently, is soooo in love with Hannah. Huh? Go break up with Hannah, Booth Baby!

Seems you guys had a lot of discussion over this...will read through the rest of it at night...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

AreYaar

Go to top