Chat Clubs

India-Forums

Chat Clubs
Chat Clubs

Random Ramblers Timbuktoo#66!!!! (Page 53)

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 31 January 2011 at 10:45am | IP Logged
Heyyy LadyM! *waves* Yep we're discussing BonesLOL

Originally posted by psawyer

@bold - LOL, I am sure some of it was true. Stereotypes are stereotypes for a reason :-P But I remember there was FURORE on the imdb boards after that episode - people were pissed as hell at Booth acting the way he did....and more so, the fact that the tiny car (the Mini) was not exactly typical of Britain - it is possible to get other cars here, lol. And the bit where he stops on a busy roundabout, gets out of his car and SCREAMS bloody murder was not well received, let me tell you! LOL That was so not within Booth's character. I mean yeah, he shot a clown, but that was after a lot of provocation in the form of Howard Epps, and the fact that he was not able to save him from falling to his death, even though he was a serial killer. In this episode, the small car and the fact that he was hungry was hardly going to justify his actions LOL

But I guess the creatives emphasised all the stereotypes in order to hammer the point; most people/TV shows do that....the Simpsons is the worst when it comes to depicting the British, but then they do that with the hicks and hillbillies and all other people as well, so I guess as long as they are fair...

@bold: Oh yeah that was like MAJORLY OTT....haha....deffo OTT even for Booth and his unpredictable tendencies....basically the entire season 4 was THE most campy/cheesy in that sense....and these very beginning epis only showed that LOL

True, TV shows love to go OTT with stereotypes....and I guess that is what Bones started to do as well as it gained more popularity with time.

Edited by nureat01 - 31 January 2011 at 10:46am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

LadyMcbeth

incandescence IF-Sizzlerz
incandescence
incandescence

Posted: 31 January 2011 at 12:43pm | IP Logged
Phew! Finally back. Anyone here?
AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 31 January 2011 at 12:45pm | IP Logged
Heyyy Mash! How's it going? Did you watch today's LTL? They finally showed the DN phonecall.....it was really nice.
incandescence
incandescence

Posted: 31 January 2011 at 12:54pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by nureat01

Heyyy Mash! How's it going? Did you watch today's LTL? They finally showed the DN phonecall.....it was really nice.

No, I didn't. And yes I know...just skimmed through the update. The day I didn't watch it, they showed the phone call...Ouch Don't feel like watching it on the YT...maza nahin ata....I might catch a repeat tomorrow....

I'm going through back pgs...quite a lot of discussion about Bones...hmmm...
AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 31 January 2011 at 12:57pm | IP Logged
lol yes, a lot of Bones discussion....it HAS been three days since you last came here naa....for a change we had some discussion going over the weekend....lol
incandescence
incandescence

Posted: 31 January 2011 at 1:05pm | IP Logged
Yeah...I was a bit busy...and had some net issues since yesterday...mood bhi randomly off tha..lol

So was the phonecall good? I'm reading different opinions about it...ppl didn't like the song, I think. I guess, I'll watch the phonecall scene now only...baki tamasha in repeat...it's hard to resist...DN ACTUALLY talking after such a longgggggggggg time....how bad can it be, haina?

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 31 January 2011 at 1:09pm | IP Logged
I've only watched the phonecall....didn't bother with the rest of the bakwaas....not in the mood to jhelo it.

The phonecall itself was very good....the song sequence after it was random with the FBs and basically nothing happened but Nakku just sitting there crying and D with his head against the wall....the essence of the song didn't come through to the extent it could have.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

nimrahincandescence

incandescence
incandescence

Posted: 31 January 2011 at 1:58pm | IP Logged
Just watched it. The song choice was good, but it wasn't needed...specially not with Seema and those dream FBs...and godd!! It went on n on n onnn....tooo long...but then LTL toh always has been lightning fast..

Anyway...I loveddd the scene before the song. Such a DN type scene. Loved how Nakku sort of started dukhde-sunaing to him so haq se...'Saab aap ko pata bhi hai mere saath kiya ho raha hai?'..'Aap toh mujhse pyar hi nahin karte.....' Great acting my MV. MR toh was brilliantttt as usual...his  'Aye Nakku...bas kar' bit was such Dutta-ish thing to say to Nakku...can't hear her cry...you could see from his face it hurt him...and the way he said that 'Mera dil tujhe pukar raha hai' line...aww...he's wounded inside-out right now...he need her, the only one who could heal him, inside-out...and as he said he seeks her everywhere...his soul calls out to its mate, if you want to get poetic....THAT connection b/w them really come through in that scene...I can't wait to watch the rest of it, though that song will kinda break their emotional tempo, I think

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

nimrahAreYaar

Go to top