Chat Clubs

India-Forums

Chat Clubs
Chat Clubs

Random Ramblers Timbuktoo#66!!!! (Page 51)

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 30 January 2011 at 11:23am | IP Logged
New TWM promo.....really cute....lol....I'm looking forward to this movie more and more....they make a really cute pair:

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

nimrahpsawyer

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 30 January 2011 at 11:23am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Kavya_KraZQueen

LOL Vasu- pyscho killing Hannah? Tum bhi na! Personally, I don't want Hannah getting so much importance- I don't think she deserves to have her bones examined by Brennan or the whole squint squad  looking out for her murderer - I think it'd be best if she got together with Sully instead or has g*y love affair with Daisy  :P 

EDIT:

Alright I'm feeling sleepy now- gotta hit the bed, see ya Anu n Vasu!

@blue: LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOROFLROFLROFLROFL

Ok g'nite Kavya! Take care yaar!
psawyer IF-Stunnerz
psawyer
psawyer

Posted: 30 January 2011 at 11:39am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Kavya_KraZQueen

LOL Vasu- pyscho killing Hannah? Tum bhi na! Personally, I don't want Hannah getting so much importance- I don't think she deserves to have her bones examined by Brennan or the whole squint squad  looking out for her murderer - I think it'd be best if she got together with Sully instead or has g*y love affair with Daisy  :P 

EDIT:

Alright I'm feeling sleepy now- gotta hit the bed, see ya Anu n Vasu!

@black - true, true. Didn't even think of that....don't want her life/death to be in Bones' hands. I think the only way that we could now ACCEPT Booth for Brennan again is if he, without any coercion (i.e. without Hannah dumping him first) realise that he doesn't belong with Hannah but with Bones. Any other way, and it will seem like Brennan is the second choice....the afterthought. When in fact, she is the one and only, and Booth needs to realise that without anyone else's interference. Otherwise the eventual getting together of BB will have a sour aftertaste. 

Night, Kavya!

@Anu - you're right - that final confrontation with the sniper was slightly off-beat. The vaulting over the gate till the chase was fine. It was the final confront with Booth on the ground and the sniper walking away; to me it seemed like Booth could have easily shot him in the leg to stop him from leaving, even if he didn't want to kill. But then, we couldn't have a chase, could we? *rolls eyes*. But the actor seemed strong - it will be nice to see Booth go up against a strong male character who is not evil, really - he's just a contract for hire. Emotionless and driven - much like Booth was in the army. Except that Booth's actions have constantly given him nightmares and thus he lives his life trying to be better and trying to redeem himself. The sniper is sort of like Booth's foil - the guy Booth could have been if he wasn't Booth - if he didn't have Parker and Brennan and the FBI. It will be interesting to get into Sniper-Booth's mind as well. 

I really want to see more of Booth's family though - he's alluded to his abusive past before, but I want to see his fam (apart from Jared) introduced, and see how those pieces fit to make the Booth we know. 

edit - thanks for the vid, Anu. Really liking that song, more than anything else. 

Edited by psawyer - 30 January 2011 at 11:40am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

BazingaAreYaar

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 30 January 2011 at 11:58am | IP Logged
Originally posted by psawyer

@Anu - you're right - that final confrontation with the sniper was slightly off-beat. The vaulting over the gate till the chase was fine. It was the final confront with Booth on the ground and the sniper walking away; to me it seemed like Booth could have easily shot him in the leg to stop him from leaving, even if he didn't want to kill. But then, we couldn't have a chase, could we? *rolls eyes*. But the actor seemed strong - it will be nice to see Booth go up against a strong male character who is not evil, really - he's just a contract for hire. Emotionless and driven - much like Booth was in the army. Except that Booth's actions have constantly given him nightmares and thus he lives his life trying to be better and trying to redeem himself. The sniper is sort of like Booth's foil - the guy Booth could have been if he wasn't Booth - if he didn't have Parker and Brennan and the FBI. It will be interesting to get into Sniper-Booth's mind as well. 

I really want to see more of Booth's family though - he's alluded to his abusive past before, but I want to see his fam (apart from Jared) introduced, and see how those pieces fit to make the Booth we know. 

edit - thanks for the vid, Anu. Really liking that song, more than anything else. 

@bold: Same here.....it's been a long time coming....they really need to explore more of Booth's past with his family, the abusive past that was alluded to in the Grandpa epi last season too....it's high time things move in that direction and we get to know more about Booth and his demons from the past in more detail. Especially the abusive bit needs to be elaborated on more.

Yes the actor playing the sniper is quite good but the ending confrontation did turn out be kinda anti-climactic and veering more into cheesy territory......

Still, there is more to come I guess and I'm waiting to watch how this sniper and his connection to Booth as what Booth could have been is explored....what seperates them.....despite some similarities....hope it's well handled......I think in a sense the sniper will cross the line over into evil at some point....for example what he did to that woman's body in the apartment...Booth would never do that no matter how emotionless or driven he was in the army....he must have killed many as a sniper but not in THAT sense......this sniper has gone off the deep end I feel....unhinged in a sense....although Booth probably still feels an emotional attachment to him somewhere because of good memories as friends maybe.......

You're welcome about the vid....I love the song too....and Madhavan's ADORABLELOL

Edited by nureat01 - 30 January 2011 at 11:59am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

LadyMcbeth

nimrah IF-Rockerz
nimrah
nimrah

Posted: 31 January 2011 at 3:36am | IP Logged
Aw. Thanks for the video, Anu! Its a nice song and Madhavan-Kangana are too cute together and yes Madhavan's character seems tooo adorable! LOL

AreYaar

psawyer IF-Stunnerz
psawyer
psawyer

Posted: 31 January 2011 at 4:06am | IP Logged
Originally posted by nureat01

@bold: Same here.....it's been a long time coming....they really need to explore more of Booth's past with his family, the abusive past that was alluded to in the Grandpa epi last season too....it's high time things move in that direction and we get to know more about Booth and his demons from the past in more detail. Especially the abusive bit needs to be elaborated on more.

Yes the actor playing the sniper is quite good but the ending confrontation did turn out be kinda anti-climactic and veering more into cheesy territory......

Still, there is more to come I guess and I'm waiting to watch how this sniper and his connection to Booth as what Booth could have been is explored....what seperates them.....despite some similarities....hope it's well handled......I think in a sense the sniper will cross the line over into evil at some point....for example what he did to that woman's body in the apartment...Booth would never do that no matter how emotionless or driven he was in the army....he must have killed many as a sniper but not in THAT sense......this sniper has gone off the deep end I feel....unhinged in a sense....although Booth probably still feels an emotional attachment to him somewhere because of good memories as friends maybe.......

You're welcome about the vid....I love the song too....and Madhavan's ADORABLELOL

@bold - oh, definitely. The sniper is completely unhinged....black, if you will...he'll go to any means to get the job done. He may even cross over into downright evil during his stint on the show. 

As you say, Booth would never have killed that woman to get to her apartment, and even then definitely not in the gruesome, brutal way she was left. I think this will provide a good opportunity to show why Booth left "sniping"(? ConfusedLOL) and why he couldn't have sustained that lifestyle. He is just not "hard" or "detached" enough. I guess his "mentor" will play a big part in perhaps telling Booth how "disappointed" he is that Booth "turned" and became this crusader for people. Being a sniper, I would imagine, requires a detached heart, clinical mind and emotionless actions. Booth is passionate, in every walk of life, and it will be interesting to see if/how the sniper manages to play with his mind and make him doubt his skills as an agent. Maybe then he will turn to Brennan for reassurance again. 

Would love to see Booth's dad/grandpa on the show and see the dynamics of that family; I think it was in season 1 that Booth told Brennan about his relationship with his Dad, which seemed to be quite jovial and close-knit. But he hides so much close to his chest, incl. those scars that Brennan noticed in the ep where he was blown up, and it would be fascinating to see his character itself being explored more. We've had a lot of Brennan's past, her insecurities, her make-up....and to see her leaning on Booth in that regard, so I would love to see the roles reversed now. 

AreYaar

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 31 January 2011 at 7:09am | IP Logged
You're welcome, Nimrah :-)

Booth is passionate, in every walk of life, and it will be interesting to see if/how the sniper manages to play with his mind and make him doubt his skills as an agent. Maybe then he will turn to Brennan for reassurance again. 

Would love to see Booth's dad/grandpa on the show and see the dynamics of that family; I think it was in season 1 that Booth told Brennan about his relationship with his Dad, which seemed to be quite jovial and close-knit. But he hides so much close to his chest, incl. those scars that Brennan noticed in the ep where he was blown up, and it would be fascinating to see his character itself being explored more. We've had a lot of Brennan's past, her insecurities, her make-up....and to see her leaning on Booth in that regard, so I would love to see the roles reversed now. 

Yeah he will deffo turn to Brennan for reassurance again but I'm hoping it's well handled and not just as a fallback from Hannah.....I've been waiting for aaaaaaaages to see Booth's backstory explored more cuz yeah exactly we've had a lottttttttt of Brennan's past, insecurities explored over the past many seasons.....Booth's character has always been kept more mysterious in that sense about his past especially....so I really want to see more of that and this sniper storyline provides the ideal opportunity for it too......

Especially one bit from season 5 has stayed with me when Booth's grandpa tells Brennan that she'll need to be there to hold him when he cries or something like that. Also I found it a bit odd that in season 1 they made it appear like Booth came from a close-knit happy family but then in season 4, we learnt in the mayhem in the cross epi that he too was abused by his father.....later on this was confirmed further by the Grandpa in season 5....but they haven't elaborated on this since....would really like to know more about that as well as details of his time as a sniper which have also been left quite cryptic.

Another thing....for Brennan, I wish they would once again show more glimpses or make more references to all the horrifying things she's seen during her travels around the world....in the earlier seasons, she used to mention many more things like having seen genocides, trekked through Tibet, identifying mass graves in Iraq....that kind of stuff.....used to make things more interesting....wish they'd show those aspects to her again.

psawyer

psawyer IF-Stunnerz
psawyer
psawyer

Posted: 31 January 2011 at 8:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by nureat01

Especially one bit from season 5 has stayed with me when Booth's grandpa tells Brennan that she'll need to be there to hold him when he cries or something like that. Also I found it a bit odd that in season 1 they made it appear like Booth came from a close-knit happy family but then in season 4, we learnt in the mayhem in the cross epi that he too was abused by his father.....later on this was confirmed further by the Grandpa in season 5....but they haven't elaborated on this since....would really like to know more about that as well as details of his time as a sniper which have also been left quite cryptic.

Another thing....for Brennan, I wish they would once again show more glimpses or make more references to all the horrifying things she's seen during her travels around the world....in the earlier seasons, she used to mention many more things like having seen genocides, trekked through Tibet, identifying mass graves in Iraq....that kind of stuff.....used to make things more interesting....wish they'd show those aspects to her again.

@bold - yeah, they seemed to have changed this backstory slightly...but they did that with Brennan too. In Season 1 she said that she was in foster care until her grandfather took her out of there, and then when Max came back she said she'd never known her grandparents. Of course, that could have meant her other set of grandparents...but to me it didn't seem like that; she could have said "I didn't know your/mom's parents" but the way she said it, it seemed like she didn't know any of her grandies. 

I really, really miss Season 1 Brennan. Especially Pilot episode-Brennan. I know that pilot episodes sort of exist on their own - they present the show to the networks and if the show is picked up, quite a lot of the pilot's story/themes are changed dramatically. But, dammit, Pilot-Brennan was kickass! From the way she walked, to her amused, world-aware smirk, the way she took down that Agent who followed her, her antagonism towards Booth etc. A lot of those aspects of her character changed over the years - change is natural, no doubt, but it seems that she become more rigid rather than less, or more "academic" rather than the world-wise person she was. Even in season 1, she didn't own a TV (her ex boyf trashed it in the pilot) but she wasn't as clueless as she later became. Seems to me they tried to go for comic effect every time: "ooh, look, Brennan is so clueless, she doesn't know who Michael Jackson is! Ha ha!" but it fell flat for me. I don't mind her not knowing the same things that Booth does, but she never used to be that much of a numpty. And, for someone who's experienced all the things she has, like the genocides, the trek to Tibet, the mass graves, the massacres etc - all the countries and cultures she's visited...it seemed very odd to me that she would be so clueless about person to person interaction, and that she would need Booth to be the subtitles. I mean, even a lay person who travels so much and to such diverse cultures would pick up a thing or two about how to talk to people (okay, so she worked primarily with bones and dead people, but she must have had some human contact, otherwise how would she survive all of it?) Though thankfully recently she has been coming out of that and back towards the Brennan we used to know. I think seasons 3 and 4 (maybe part of 5) were a real decline for the show, in all ways. 

P.S - you remember in season 1's The Woman in the Car, that State Department's Agent Pickering comes to review the team and asks Brennan "when you were in Cuba, you met with a man named [Insert name here]"? and then Brennan picked up the phone, called someone and said "you told me to call you when someone came asking about this" and the Agent was shot down by whoever was on the phone? I always wanted to know what the hell that was about! LOL It was one of the cooler things about Brennan's character and part of, like you say, the interesting/disturbing things she'd seen and done on her travels. Seems like in softening her character a little too much (not in terms of emotions, but making her less.....edgy, I guess) they seem to have forgotten about this Ouch

Edited by psawyer - 31 January 2011 at 8:38am

AreYaar

Go to top