Chat Clubs

India-Forums

Chat Clubs
Chat Clubs

Random Ramblers Timbuktoo#66!!!! (Page 49)

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 29 January 2011 at 1:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Melissa

Yup, Booth didn't say 'I love you' either, but his confession was more on a positive note. It was about 'giving a chance'...while Brennan's one was about 'not wanting to have any regrets'. While both confessions were equally sad and heartfelt, but the words chosen, and the situation in which they were said, can leave scope for multiple interpretations. Plus Brennan's 'I'll adjust' may have given Booth the impression that she will move on eventually. That's just.....sadConfused....she literally broke down in front of him and her one "I'll adjust" line would actually make him BELIEVE that?....WHY should she have to "adjust" like that? Does he think about THAT?

He does understand her better than anyone else.....but he surely lacks that kind of understanding when the matter of his place in Brennan's life comes up. *sigh* You're right....He does lack understanding about his place in her life and feels insecure about it to some extent...actually a great extent maybe....he understands everything but THAT it seems....circumstances have been such I guess....timing never worked simultaneously for both of them....Brennan was scared and in denial for so long....and now he's in another relationship....but honestly Mels, he WILL have to be the stronger one and start to have more FAITH in this working out for them again or nothing will move forward....if he cant' believe it himself, he won't ever be able to convince her either.....I've read this in other discussions before also....when he asks her in the 100th epi....he backed off after that one try....yes Brennan broke his heart in a sense and he was shattered....but if he had tried more persistently, he'd have gotten through to her.....he's human though I guess....dealing with his own pain too....but honestly second time around....he has to approach this better to get through to her and make her believe again.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Melissa

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 29 January 2011 at 1:31pm | IP Logged

I'm not much concerned with what will happen after the break-up. Once Hannah isn't around, things will be pleasing to watch anyway. My concern now is solely about who will break-up with whom. It's an inevitable break-up....but who breaks up with whom will make a huge difference for me. A really big one......Yes I'm concerned about that too....but somehow I think the break-up will just end up happening....might be mutual in a sense....I'm prepared for the worst but something makes me think that scene might end up surprising us in maybe a good way too....Booth can't be in that much pain over just Hannah turning him down....I think there is more to that scene....so we have to wait and watch....either ways, given the track record of the season otherwise, they are capable of nonsense also....they've messed with Booth's character a lot already and they might again.....so I'm bracing myself for the worst but hoping to be surprised.

That link of the VM isn't working either. Its something to do with the song used, I suppose.....coz of which it has been banned in certain countries. Ohh it's the song issue? That sucksOuch I really wanted to show it to you....*sigh* oh well.

Melissa

Melissa IF-Rockerz
Melissa
Melissa

Posted: 29 January 2011 at 1:36pm | IP Logged
Ooooohh....SRK-Kajol won awards for MNIK? That's great!!!!!!! Logon ka to kam hai complain karnaLOL. I don't see half as much people complaining when Katrina takes away best actress award. But they complain when good actors get acknowledged for their work.

Arrey don't worry Anu. Booth will be the stronger one this time. He will bridge the distance, he will be the friend he used to be, and he will love her selflessly. And once he is sure that he is ready, he will propose and get her as well. Brennan loves him as well, and his faith in his love, in their love will encourage her to take the leapBig smile.

In the 100th episode, I was glad that he wasn't persistent. Brennan wasn't prepared to take the chance. WHat made Booth even more endearing then was the fact that after being refused he still chose her happiness, her side over the easy way out of just ignoring her. Woh toh recently, his trip to jerkland made him such a master of pulling off farce and being an a**. Now, he is back! And he will be hurt inside, but will give those looks, (after the break-up) he will emerge as the stronger one and will set things back into position with Brennan's help off course. But he will be THE Booth againClap

Originally posted by nureat01

Yes I'm concerned about that too....but somehow I think the break-up will just end up happening....might be mutual in a sense....I'm prepared for the worst but something makes me think that scene might end up surprising us in maybe a good way too....Booth can't be in that much pain over just Hannah turning him down....I think there is more to that scene....so we have to wait and watch....either ways, given the track record of the season otherwise, they are capable of nonsense also....they've messed with Booth's character a lot already and they might again.....so I'm bracing myself for the worst but hoping to be surprised.

You're right, Anu. Chances are that there will be more to the scene. An epiphany would be awesome to watch. Anything that will show us that Booth knows who is the standard. Actually everything depends upon the execution. If its a proposal, refusal, and crying....then toh we will be allAngry........but since there is likely to be more to the scene than just that, I can be now hopeful that Booth's feelings for Brennan will be more pronounced to himself after whatever that happens between hannah and him. Still, like you, I will brace for the worseLOL.

Anyway, I gtg now. Catch you guys later *hugs* Take Care!

Edited by Melissa - 29 January 2011 at 1:44pm

AreYaar

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 29 January 2011 at 1:43pm | IP Logged

Ooooohh....SRK-Kajol won awards for MNIK? That's great!!!!!!! Logon ka to kam hai complain karnaLOL. I don't see half as much people complaining when Katrina takes away best actress award. But they complain when good actors get acknowledged for their work. LOL exactly....there's ppl whining in there for all their favs.....SRK-Kajol can actually ACT...and no matter how many faults MNIK did have, they both played a departure from their usual roles and did veryyyyyyyyyy well IMO....I think they deserve the popular awards absolutely! Vidya's already gotten enough for Ishqiya....it wasn't the GREATEST role on the planet either...and honestly I'm not even a die hard SRK fan and STILL I feel he was MUCH better than Hrithik and his hamming in Guzaarish....so I'm glad he got this award....and Kajol is in a league of her own....ppl can keep on whining and calling her 'over-rated' but she was superb in the movie....unlike WAF where I was falling asleep despite Kajol's presence in it.

Arrey don't worry Anu. Booth will be the stronger one this time. He will bridge the distance, he will be the friend he used to be, and he will love her selflessly. And once he is sure that he is ready, he will propose and get her as well. Brennan loves him as well, and his faith in his love, in their love will encourage her to take the leapBig smile.

In the 100th episode, I was glad that he wasn't persistent. Brennan wasn't prepared to take the chance. WHat made Booth even more endearing then was the fact that after being refused he still chose her happiness, her side over the easy way out of just ignoring her. Woh toh recently, his trip to jerkland made him such a master of pulling off farce and being an a**. Now, he is back! And he will be hurt inside, but will give those looks, (after the break-up) he will emerge as the stronger one and will set things back into position with Brennan's help off course. But he will be THE Booth againClap Yay! Tumhaare muh mein ghee shakkar! I really hope it happens that way, Mels! Day Dreaming

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Melissanimrah

psawyer IF-Stunnerz
psawyer
psawyer

Posted: 29 January 2011 at 3:54pm | IP Logged

Oh thanks for posting the Chandrakanta article, Vas! Hug  I read it just a while ago too and was reading all the comments....so many other ppl getting nostalgic about their childhood tooLOL.....but yeah I dunno how much of a good idea this would be....how can they still cast the SAME lady as Chandrakanta?? It's been like 15 years!Confused.....Oh well, let's see.

Yeah, that's like casting Roopa Ganguly as Draupadi again ConfusedLOL but I'd like to see it now....didn't see the show the first time around. 

Originally posted by psawyer

P.S. - Rebecca and Booth were never married. He asked her, but she refused because they were not in love. I miss Rebecca though - not as Booth's love interest but as a character. She was cute. 

Ohhhh they weren't married? LOL I guess I got confused....did he propose to her though? Cuz she was pregnant and stuff? The honor thing? I liked Rebecca too....she was a nice, fun character....genuine and not an annoying OTT fake-o like Hannah.....plus she GENUINELY knew Booth and some history to him....lol...which made for interesting moments.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the whole honour thing - he wanted them to marry when he found out about Parker. But in season 1 he was really insecure about that...worried that he wasn't a good father or good husband-material because Rebecca rejected him. So Brennan spoke to Rebecca, and R told Booth that she refused him only because she didn't want them to get tied just because they were having a baby, and despite the fact that they weren't in love. But she assured him that he was a great father, the best, and that it never even occurred to her to refuse him because she thought he would be lousy at fatherhood. That was such a beautiful scene, just showing that another woman in Booth's life, in his past, was so close to him....and that all said and done, they had a relationship that was amiable, friendly and full of history. And just because she was his ex, it didn't mean that they had to be at loggerheads. 

And I think that's what I love about Booth's character and his sense of honour. All his girlfriends (incl. unfortunately Hannah) have been treated with nothing but respect by Booth. Rebecca and Cam remained his friends even long after they weren't together (okay, so he and Rebecca had some issues but that had more to do with Parker than themselves). He's never behaved less than honourably with any of the women in his life. And, despite the fact that I don't think he should have done it, even that callous treatment of Brennan in the scene when she tells him about her feelings was more out of self-preservation than a need to be mean or malicious. And the fact that, previously in the episode, he was the only one to notice Brennan's weird behaviour and actually go after her and tell her that he believed her....despite all the weirdness of Booth this season; I still think he's acted mostly honourably. Aside from the completely out of character-ness of leaving the gang to meet Hannah, and a few other instances, of course - and I don't mean to condone his behaviour this season AT ALL. I'm just saying that his code of honour is so strong that aside these few character breaks, most of what he's done has been a result of what he feels to be the honourable thing. Even choosing Hannah over Brennan is in a way an honourable thing to do, i.e. not dumping your current gf just because the love of your life turns around and reciprocates your feelings now. For me, for that reason, its very difficult to hate Booth. For certain things he says/doesn't say, or for a certain action - sure, I can hate him. And yes, he seems to have had a slight personality transplant this season. But overall, his sense of rightness and honour - in his job, in his personal life etc -  is truly remarkable. 

AreYaar

x.sonia.x IF-Sizzlerz
x.sonia.x
x.sonia.x

Posted: 29 January 2011 at 10:33pm | IP Logged
hiiii
good to see u all still here :)
just thought i would post a hello.. who knows when i will come again..

AreYaar

Bazinga IF-Sizzlerz
Bazinga
Bazinga

Posted: 30 January 2011 at 12:46am | IP Logged

Caps from the epi:

Seriously no words! AMAZING just AMAZING *deep sigh*  Day Dreaming Can he speak more with his eyes? Is it even possible ? !!! Day DreamingDay Dreaming

AreYaar

nimrah IF-Rockerz
nimrah
nimrah

Posted: 30 January 2011 at 1:34am | IP Logged

Ooohh Kajol won the Filmfare for MNIK! Just read it in the bolly forum....and SRK won for MNIK too! Wow.....honestly I don't mind....even though the movie got W*F-ish in its second half, I really did think SRK did a superb job in the movie and didn't ham as much as I'd expected him to....it was quite a heartfelt performance....and Kajol was awesome too....I can't forget the scene when she cries holding her son's dead body.....goosebumps.....

But everyone in the bolly forum is bashing themLOL.....I don't care...ppl can call them "over-rated" for all they want.....to me SRK-Kajol are ETERNALDay Dreaming

Eeeeeeeeee! They won! They won! They won! Finallyyy!! Call me biased or whatever but I got SO pissed off when Salman was winning Best Actor Award by Jury for Dabangg and not SRK! Stern Smile but ahhhhhh they won!!! Yipeeee! SRK totally deserved this award! He was brilliant as Rizvan!!! Day Dreaming

AreYaar

Go to top